• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bummer, Chinese Commies Buy HUMMER

I am sure the workers for Toyota, BMW, and Hummer are thanking people for buying foreign cars!

Cool - While we are weaning ourselves off of Arab oil, let the damn Chinese get addicted to it. LOL.

American Auto Companies have plenty of small fuel efficient cars in their line up. However that is not the kinds of cars that people go to American car companies to purchase. It's about image. American car companies are more known for trucks and luxury cars, not sub compacts, even though they have nice small cars in their line up. A similar concept in motorcycles. People don't go to the Harley Davidson showroom to buy cafe racer style motorcycles, they want highway cruisers and "biker" bikes.

So, where is the money going that the chinese are paying for the hummer brand? Do we let the Obama administration squander that money too?
What about the other brands being sold? It's time to take a stand against
Obama's administration and the criminals he brought to Washington with him.
While we're at it we need to get rid of Pelosi, Reid and Frank! It's been nothing but a grab for money since January. I am flabbergasted, that people seem to forget the lies told by Obama, Pelosi and Frank.

So Hummers are now made in China. Along with everything else.

Gee, so much has changed.

Meh.

I get most of my hummers from Chinese women at the local "Massage" parlor as as it is.

Edit: I guess its kind of odd to think of them paying for hummers when they normally get paid for them.

Frankly I don't think Hummer is that big a prize. They had become glorified Sububans anyhow.

I look forward to the new Wal-Mart Auto Sales branch.....

They didn't buy the brand to sell Hummers to the "Asian man " who "will probably have trouble getting into" it.

The big three made their deal with the UAW in terms of a manufacturere buying a commodity and that commodity was labor. Did labor act overreach at tie ? Yes. Did the Big 3 let them ? Yes.

I would like to buy all American but that is not possible as you well know. I have been ticked off about all those products being imported from foreign countries long before anyone else worried about.

I was concerned that we have lost classes of industries. We "invented" the microwave oven - AMANA RADAR - was the brand name of the first one. We lost that entire industry. We lost the TV manufacturing and all of electronics.
Yes we made the Mcintosh sterio for a while but that was a micro-mini market.

We just kept losing entire classes of industries. The connection to the Chinese for losing our manufacyuring was statrted by Bush senior. I am not being partisan here because Bubba Liffic just stepped right along where Papa Bush left off.

We are heading to second a 2nd world country like the old former European powers. The next step is 3rd world.

What China is developing oward is state owned/sttae controlled capitalism. You are partially correct in that with baleouts and buy ins and price supports we are taking on elements of state controlled capitalism.

The Chinese have cheap natural resources it's called workers.

Last edited:
So as I understand this, GM got rid of an unprofitable line, but without costing any jobs in the US. Sounds like a win win situation.

Isn't Hummers how our army travels around? The chinese are going to be making those?

Frankly I don't think Hummer is that big a prize. They had become glorified Sububans anyhow.

I know ! those 'Sububans' are so obsoeete !!!! lol

ps I misspell and forget letters also but that struck me funny!!

Isn't Hummers how our army travels around? The chinese are going to be making those?

The military uses HMVEES the Hummer is the civilian version. Well if the CHICOMS own the Hummer that must mean that the HMVEE is part of the deal so we will ahve to buy HMVEES for our military from the CHI-COMS !

If anyone has any info to the cantrary please post it.

We are losing out industrial base guys and this is not funny. It's not that I don't like the Chinese ( well I am not a Commie fan ) but I don't want my country being knocked down.

Just when you GET YOUR HANDS ON A TOYOTA you are driving a nail into your coffin.

OMG no body tell Jallman!

So as I understand this, GM got rid of an unprofitable line, but without costing any jobs in the US. Sounds like a win win situation.

Even if we did lose the jobs of the people who make Hummers, who cares? Jobs that are overpaid producing things that people don't want are worthless jobs and it would be better that those people find better jobs.

The goal of our economy is efficiency and an increased standard of living.

How dare those ****ing communist bastards offer an American car company more money than any company based in America or another non-communist country!

Shame on them for offering GM the best deal available, and shame on GM for operating like a business and selling their product to the highest bidder. What they should have done is turn down the financially optimal solution and made a crappy decision for the sake of political posturing.

Right?

I suppose were are supposed to embrace a free market system, but not extend it outside our borders, while simultaneously artifically increasing the value of labor domestically through unions. Smells like a recipe for economic success.....

I suppose were are supposed to embrace a free market system, but not extend it outside our borders, while simultaneously artifically increasing the value of labor domestically through unions. Smells like a recipe for economic success.....

Well it worked so well when we instituted Smoot-Hawley.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…