• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Build your own Bundestag

Personally I could for moral reasons never vote for a party that has a religion in the name. To me that's the worst recipe for disaster, especially considering the CSU/CDU is pretty much equivalent to the republican party.

I'd like to see the FDP (Libertarian-esque) and AfD (Alternative for Germany, which opposes the euro) team up with possibly the pirates as well. The pirates would be harder because they are more left libertarian. They started good but then adopted the basic income guarantee which would give out 1,000 euro a month for free and for no reason to every citizen in Germany. That makes it very hard for anyone, especially myself, to take them seriously.

Personally I could for moral reasons never vote for a party that has a religion in the name. To me that's the worst recipe for disaster, especially considering the CSU/CDU is pretty much equivalent to the republican party.

I'd like to see the FDP (Libertarian-esque) and AfD (Alternative for Germany, which opposes the euro) team up with possibly the pirates as well. The pirates would be harder because they are more left libertarian. They started good but then adopted the basic income guarantee which would give out 1,000 euro a month for free and for no reason to every citizen in Germany. That makes it very hard for anyone, especially myself, to take them seriously.

Well, I don't shun names, but I've always been a supporter of CDU and I think just to stick it to the rest of the EU, especially France and Greece, a coalition with the FDP would really singe some nose hairs...

With all due respect, but equating the CDU, let alone the CSU, with the Republican Party is pretty ridiculous. And the FDP is not a libertarian party but a classical European liberal party.

With all due respect, but equating the CDU, let alone the CSU, with the Republican Party is pretty ridiculous. And the FDP is not a libertarian party but a classical European liberal party.

The CDU is essentially the German republicans. They push their religion and corporate bailouts over liberty and the free market.

Secondly, if you would've even read my post, you would've seen: FDP (Libertarian-esque), stating they're LIKE libertarians, which considering classical liberalism IS libertarianism, that's not much of a stretch.

Thanks for your wonderful post though.

The CDU is essentially the German republicans. They push their religion and corporate bailouts over liberty and the free market.

Secondly, if you would've even read my post, you would've seen: FDP (Libertarian-esque), stating they're LIKE libertarians, which considering classical liberalism IS libertarianism, that's not much of a stretch.

Thanks for your wonderful post though.

Actually, if you knew anything about classical European liberalism you would know it has very little if anything to do with libertarianism.

For the rest you simply confirm you don't have a clue about the CDU or CSU.

Actually, if you knew anything about classical European liberalism you would know it has very little if anything to do with libertarianism.

For the rest you simply confirm you don't have a clue about the CDU or CSU.

You need to educate yourself. Classical liberalism is called libertarianism in the states, and they are identical in most aspects. But hey, I'm not here to hear you whine and redefine things. If you'd like to debate that topic make your own thread. We're discussing German politics.

And yes, CDU/CSU is very similar to the republican party. They're anti-gay, pro-jesus, pro-bailout, anti-drug legalization, and alludes to being small government but in reality are big ol' statists. They're practically the sister party of the republicans.

If you'd like to make any arguments other than "Nuh uh!", I'll be here.

Back
Top Bottom