• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bryant Gumble is RACIST!

easyt65

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Bryant Gumbel Gumbel -- while covering the Winter Olympics on HBO's Real Sports -- said, ``Laugh when someone says these are the world's greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that make the Winter Games look like a GOP convention.''

Gumble later supported his racial commentary on the Winter Games, according to the MIAMI HERALD. At Dan Marino's charity event this week, Gumbel defended his comments. ``People don't understand the English language. [My point is] it's really hard to collect a bunch of Winter Olympic athletes and say these are the world's greatest athletes. Period.''

:shock:

Gumble is trying to backtrack after taking heat for his RACIST and Politically Biased comment - PERIOD, DOT!

Can you imagine a white person saying such a thing about people of color?! There would be widespread rioting and demand for his job, not to mention his HEAD!

His comments were racially inflamatory, un-excuseable, and just flat out wrong!
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Thats ok.. He was only being racist towards white people.... And thats an acceptable format for discussion in this country..."Black Olympics" i'm teling you . It solves all the problems... BET can sponsor it and the 4 athletes
 

easyt65

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Calm2Chaos said:
Thats ok.. He was only being racist towards white people.... And thats an acceptable format for discussion in this country..."Black Olympics" i'm teling you . It solves all the problems... BET can sponsor it and the 4 athletes
Yeah, like Black History MONTH instead of just having history that encorporates ALL U.S. History?! :roll:

Maybe we should have the N.A.A.C.A. - the Natl. Association for the Advancement of Colored Atheletes? Another Multi-Million dollar a year industry promoting racism! :doh

Yeah, it does seem that racist comments against Whites are OK, but it is unacceptible for the reverse!

Racist is RACIST, and it should NOT be tolerated, no matter what the color of those guilty of it!
 

Kandahar

Enemy Combatant
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
20,688
Reaction score
7,320
Location
Washington, DC
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
How the hell is it racist to make the observation that there are very few blacks in the Winter Olympics? I mean, he didn't say that they weren't in the Olympics because they were all in prison or working the plantation...
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Kandahar said:
How the hell is it racist to make the observation that there are very few blacks in the Winter Olympics? I mean, he didn't say that they weren't in the Olympics because they were all in prison or working the plantation...

Would the same comment reversed refering to the summer olympics and a black panther meeting be considered racist....................You bet your sweet a$$ it would.

Just depends on what side the coin falls on
 

Kandahar

Enemy Combatant
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
20,688
Reaction score
7,320
Location
Washington, DC
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Calm2Chaos said:
Would the same comment reversed refering to the summer olympics and a black panther meeting be considered racist....................You bet your sweet a$$ it would.
You mean if a Black Panther commented that the summer Olympics didn't have enough whites? Well, that'd be incorrect and confusing, but it wouldn't be racist... what would be racist about it? That doesn't even make sense.
 

easyt65

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Kandahar said:
How the hell is it racist to make the observation that there are very few blacks in the Winter Olympics? I mean, he didn't say that they weren't in the Olympics because they were all in prison or working the plantation...
1st, he impuned/insulted the athletic ability of the atheletes there - the best their countries could assemble!

2ndly, he has impuned/insulted the Olympic trials that are held to select the best Atheletes to represent their country. He insulted the whole selection pocess. He basically called the committee racist and accused them of sending out invitations to try out for the U.S. Olympic team to basically Whites ONLY or of making un-ethical moves to ensure the country was represented by a majority of whites only, whether they deserved to be there or not!

Is the medal-winning black U.S. Speed skater only a 'Token Black'? That is an insult to HIM! He EARNED the right to be there and has proven he is America's best skater by winning Gold, Silver, AND Bronze medals! He is wasn't given the shot, and he is no 'Token Black' or 'Uncle Tom' for being there!

To suggest that, adding the remark about a 'GOP Convention' connects back to the racist act of blacks (and whites) in the Democratic party attacking fellow members of color who choose to be members of the Republican party by calling them 'Uncle Toms'! That is totally RACIST yet accepted, not condemned!

You are defending his calling out that the atheletes assembled in the olympics did not represent the world's best because there weren't enough blacks - even Gumble himself has backed away from that racist statement by saying that what he meant was that it is hard to collect a group of atheletes and crown them 'the world's best' and did not mean the lack of black atheletes had anything to do with that statement, reverting back to the Bill Clinton 'definition of 'Is' defense:

Gumble said:
``People don't understand the English language...
That is BS, though, because it had everything to do with color, which is why he added the 'GOP Convention' remark! You are trying to defend him saying what he did, and even HE is trying to backtrack because he KNOWS what he said is racist!
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Kandahar said:
You mean if a Black Panther commented that the summer Olympics didn't have enough whites? Well, that'd be incorrect and confusing, but it wouldn't be racist... what would be racist about it? That doesn't even make sense.
No .. if a white commentator said it...about the summer games and compared al the black athletes to a black panther meeting.. o YA . there would be attitude for sure
 

easyt65

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Kandahar said:
You mean if a Black Panther commented that the summer Olympics didn't have enough whites? Well, that'd be incorrect and confusing, but it wouldn't be racist... what would be racist about it? That doesn't even make sense.
No, he means if a white commentator made the remark that the Summer games/100 meter dash looked like a Black Panther Rally and insisted the atheletes there/on the track were not the best because there weren't enough whites in the competition, it would make all the difference in the world. Gumble's remark gets a pass, but such a remark by a white guy would be 'Armagedon'!
 

ProudAmerican

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
2,694
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Racism in America is fueled more by blacks making these types of comments today than anyone else.

But let Rush Limbaugh make a comment about a black quarterback and good Lord.....head for the hills.


Let Trent Lott make a comment about a dying old man, and whoa......theres hell to pay.

it sucks but we have no choice but to deal with it. its not going to stop.

as long as there is money to be made from racism, it will definately be kept alive by idiots like this guy....Jackson, and Sharpton.
 

Captain America

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 12, 2006
Messages
22,503
Reaction score
12,773
Location
Wisconsin
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
You don't even have to mention blacks or latinos or any other ethnic group to be racist these days. You can simply state that you are proud to be who you are and if that happens to mean "white" and you are labeled supremist or bigot or racist.

Seems just like yesterday, the battle cry was "Say it loud! I'm black and I'm proud!" Hey, that's cool. They should be proud. Can't I be proud too?

But you dare not chant, "Say it loud. I'm white and I'm proud." Oh no.:shock:

And folks wonder why we whitey's don't get too excited when somebody plays the race card.
 

ludahai

Defender of the Faith
DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
10,320
Reaction score
2,115
Location
Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
easyt65 said:
Bryant Gumbel Gumbel -- while covering the Winter Olympics on HBO's Real Sports -- said, ``Laugh when someone says these are the world's greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that make the Winter Games look like a GOP convention.''

Gumble later supported his racial commentary on the Winter Games, according to the MIAMI HERALD. At Dan Marino's charity event this week, Gumbel defended his comments. ``People don't understand the English language. [My point is] it's really hard to collect a bunch of Winter Olympic athletes and say these are the world's greatest athletes. Period.''

:shock:

Gumble is trying to backtrack after taking heat for his RACIST and Politically Biased comment - PERIOD, DOT!

Can you imagine a white person saying such a thing about people of color?! There would be widespread rioting and demand for his job, not to mention his HEAD!

His comments were racially inflamatory, un-excuseable, and just flat out wrong!
Dispicable and disgusting and emminently predictable from the leftist media.

What if someone said that the NBA looked like a drug pushers convention?
 

ngdawg

conliberaservatarianist
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
24
Location
trackside
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Wait a second...Bryant Gumbel is black??? Since when?:mrgreen:
 

Synch

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 15, 2006
Messages
564
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
ngdawg said:
Wait a second...Bryant Gumbel is black??? Since when?:mrgreen:



despicable double standard these days..
 
Top Bottom