• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bryant Gumble blasts US Olympic team

mixedmedia said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah.....and if a DP member from the right said these same exact words here there'd be a whole chorus of folks trippin' over themselves to back him/her up.

Big deal, I say. People, even liberals, are entitled to their opinion about the Olympics whether you like it or not.

And racist are entitled to theirs to and it's called hate speech and I bet you are more than willing to discuss it and condemn it.

Stinger said:
And racist are entitled to theirs to and it's called hate speech and I bet you are more than willing to discuss it and condemn it.

Jeesh, so Bryant Gumbel's comments are like hate speech now? Did I miss the part where he called for the extermination of Winter Olympians?

Let me ask you Stinger. Do you support the rights of the Danish newspaper that printed the Mohammed cartoons?

mixedmedia said:
Jeesh, so Bryant Gumbel's comments are like hate speech now? Did I miss the part where he called for the extermination of Winter Olympians?
You were dissing discussing someones speech weren't you, I gave you an example of speech that is a normal topic of discussion. And I assure you that if someone noted the lack of whites in the NBA or NCAA Basketball turney's and made a comment that they looked like an NAACP convention in would have been branded hate speech.

Let me ask you Stinger. Do you support the rights of the Danish newspaper that printed the Mohammed cartoons?

Yes and I support Gumble's RIGHT to say whatever he wants to say and I support my right to disagree and condemn it. And we can discuss it.

Let me ask you do you support discussing the Danish cartoons?

Stinger said:
You were dissing discussing someones speech weren't you, I gave you an example of speech that is a normal topic of discussion. And I assure you that if someone noted the lack of whites in the NBA or NCAA Basketball turney's and made a comment that they looked like an NAACP convention in would have been branded hate speech.
Perhaps you are right there. But personally it wouldn't bother me. I think far too much emphasis is put on what people say here or there. I don't get caught up in that. Who hasn't said something at one time or another that they regretted for the content or the time or place in which they said it?

Yes and I support Gumble's RIGHT to say whatever he wants to say and I support my right to disagree and condemn it. And we can discuss it.

Let me ask you do you support discussing the Danish cartoons?
Sure I support discussing the Danish cartoons. Most especially in relation to the ungainly amount of attention they received.

mixedmedia said:
Perhaps you are right there. But personally it wouldn't bother me. I think far too much emphasis is put on what people say here or there. I don't get caught up in that. Who hasn't said something at one time or another that they regretted for the content or the time or place in which they said it?

Sure I support discussing the Danish cartoons. Most especially in relation to the ungainly amount of attention they received.

Now that's the kind of response I expected from you Mix, kudos.

I would only remind everyone that this man hosts a sports show, and that now I can't really believe him when he talks about sports I may even find silly. I just think he lost a lot of credibility with this comment, but words can be taken too literately, I wait for him to respond, before rendering a final opinion.;)

Back
Top Bottom