• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brtiain Will Not Offer Asylim to Asia Bibi

Trump has repeatedly stated he would love to have ALL of the people in the caravan living and working in the USA. But he has said they need to come LEGALLY. it continues to be a mystery why this stance should be controversial.

:lamo No, he has not stated that he would "love" to have "all" of the people in the caravan in the US. He neither stated that nor offered them legal immigration, something he's completely in his power to do. For ****'s sake do not pretend he's the humanitarian in this discussion, he doesn't give a rat's ass about those people or their troubles.

:lamo No, he has not stated that he would "love" to have "all" of the people in the caravan in the US. He neither stated that nor offered them legal immigration, something he's completely in his power to do. For ****'s sake do not pretend he's the humanitarian in this discussion, he doesn't give a rat's ass about those people or their troubles.

Yes he has. Said it most recently in that news conference of his.

Exactly. She is ABSOLUTELY WORTHY OF ASYLUM....

Liberate the oppressed...I just now saw your signature line.

Some "friends" from years ago gave me a pin that says that for a good turn I did them.
I keep it in the pocket of my uniform as it is not an official Navy badge.....but it means a lot to me.
...and what I did meant a lot to them.

Liberate the oppressed.jpg

Last edited:
fleeing violence is but tell it to the bastards deciding that in are country

Britain is not our country. She would be WELCOME HERE, I have no doubt.

Liberate the oppressed...I just now saw your signature line.

Some "friends" from years ago gave me a pin that says that for a good turn I did them.
I keep it in the pocket of my uniform as it is not an official Navy badge.....but it means a lot to me.
...and what I did meant a lot to them.

View attachment 67244228

On their behalf, may I thank you for whatever you did for them.

No, you are who is wrong:

The Racial and Religious Hatred Act 2006 amended the Public Order Act 1986 by adding Part 3A. That Part says, "A person who uses threatening words or behaviour, or displays any written material which is threatening, is guilty of an offence if he intends thereby to stir up religious hatred." The Part protects freedom of expression by stating in Section 29J:

No, you are who is wrong:

The Racial and Religious Hatred Act 2006 amended the Public Order Act 1986 by adding Part 3A. That Part says, "A person who uses threatening words or behaviour, or displays any written material which is threatening, is guilty of an offence if he intends thereby to stir up religious hatred." The Part protects freedom of expression by stating in Section 29J:

No, it's the racist Islamophobes who are wrong. The arrogant presumption of telling a native you know their law better than they do, when you rely on a peculiar interpretation..

No, it's the racist Islamophobes who are wrong. The arrogant presumption of telling a native you know their law better than they do, when you rely on a peculiar interpretation..

Just living there does not make you an expert on the law/government; look how IGNORANT of American Civic/Constitution/Law so much the American left is.
FEAR OF THE ISLAMISTS vis the OBVIOUS REASON for Great Britain's YELLOW STREAK when it comes to asylum for Bibi....the once great nation now kowtows to the whims of the islamists….with the mayor of your largest city leading their takeover of your culture, the "grooming" of your young girls, and the emasculation of your once-proud men.

Last edited:

But lets face it: the decision not to offer asylum was based on "Islamaphobia." There was a fear of how certain members of the Islamic community would react to such an asylum.

You're screwing with me right? Nobody can be that stupid. You literally just posted a link that proves what i said. None of those things are restricted, it even says that.

You've been railing against brown Christian refugees attempting to seek asylum in the US, but pretend to want this brown Christian? Trump supporters, like the Muslims in the article, threatened to get violent against refugees unless we block them all, so it seems like you and the Muslims are two peas in a pod.

Your intentional deception is rejected. If you want more refugees tell Trump that's what you want.

Trust me....his posts are that stupid.

*sigh*… Tos….

https://nationalpost.com/news/polit...ondemn-imams-who-called-for-the-death-of-jews

Guessing the Rebel didn't carry this one...…………

It also provides details of the controversial "anti-Islamophobia" motion (which, as you will see, is not an anti-Islamophobia motion, despite branding by desperate conservatives, but rather a motion against marginalization of all minorities), so you can untwist your knickers - if you want, that is, you seem to be madly in love with this axe you're grinding...

Lol. It's one thing to be calling out against it, Nate. Politicians do a lot of lip service - see the latest on Trudeau's so-called apology to the Jews!

Get that head up from that sand, and look around you my friend.
Your bleeding heart pours out in the wrong direction.

Hate speech is supposed to be against the law!
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/section-319.html

Now you're saying you're okay with a double standard here? Islamists are untouchables?

The latest complaint against Al Quds rally was just last June (2018). There was one in 2017, and 2016.
I think there was also in 2014. My question: why is this Al Quds rally right smack in Toronto, still going on???

Who's calling the shots in Canada now? Islamists?

PS

Ford said he'll be the one to stop it. So far he's delivered already some of what he had promised.
Let's wait and see next year.

Last edited:
Lol. It's one thing to be calling out against it, Nate. Politicians do a lot of lip service - see the latest on Trudeau's so-called apology to the Jews!

Get that head up from that sand, and look around you my friend.
Your bleeding heart pours out in the wrong direction.

Hate speech is supposed to be against the law!
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/section-319.html

Now you're saying you're okay with a double standard here? Islamists are untouchables?

The latest complaint against Al Quds rally was just last June (2018). There was one in 2017, and 2016.
I think there was also in 2014. My question: why is this Al Quds rally right smack in Toronto, still going on???

Who's calling the shots in Canada now? Islamists?

PS

Ford said he'll be the one to stop it. So far he's delivered already some of what he had promised.
Let's wait and see next year.

lol...so, if they say nothing, they are pro-Muslim enablers, and if they say something they are simply paying lip service. Seems a little difficult to please you, Tos.

I don't see a double standard. We also allow White Supremacist rallies here as well. :shrug: The motion was to commit to working towards the curbing of hate speech and racism in general, but it didn't make anything illegal - it was a motion, not a law. And Islamophobia wouldn't have needed to be called out specifically, if the Conservative party, under Harper, hadn't deliberately used Islamophobia to try and prevent the ass kicking Trudeau gave them in 2015.

As for Doug Ford stopping anything...he couldn't even stop his brother from turning into an international embarrassment, I'm reluctant to believe he could even stop a clock.

But lets face it: the decision not to offer asylum was based on "Islamaphobia." There was a fear of how certain members of the Islamic community would react to such an asylum.

No decision has been made.

lol...so, if they say nothing, they are pro-Muslim enablers, and if they say something they are simply paying lip service. Seems a little difficult to please you, Tos.

I don't see a double standard. We also allow White Supremacist rallies here as well. :shrug: The motion was to commit to working towards the curbing of hate speech and racism in general, but it didn't make anything illegal - it was a motion, not a law. And Islamophobia wouldn't have needed to be called out specifically, if the Conservative party, under Harper, hadn't deliberately used Islamophobia to try and prevent the ass kicking Trudeau gave them in 2015.

As for Doug Ford stopping anything...he couldn't even stop his brother from turning into an international embarrassment, I'm reluctant to believe he could even stop a clock.

Comparing it with supremacist rallies is comparing apples and oranges!

Furthermore, protests and rallies are given rights in this country.
Nothing wrong with peaceful protests and rallies by groups from varying idealogues - even with supremacists or Islamists.

It's the message being given in Al Quds rallies which are the problem.

Al Quds are publicly calling out for death to Jews (and Christians, apparently).

The Al Quds are blatantly breaking the law!

My question: why is this Al Quds rally right smack in Toronto, still going on???

Our hate-speech law is what? A mockery?

Never mind making irrelevant comment about Rob Ford.
Stick to the issue - don't try to muddle it up with irrelevant stuffs.............

............or, I might think you're just trying to......... deflect. :neutral:

Last edited:
Comparing it with supremacist rallies is comparing apples and oranges!

Furthermore, protests and rallies are given rights in this country.
Nothing wrong with peaceful protests and rallies by groups from varying idealogues - even with supremacists or Islamists.

It's the message being given in Al Quds rallies which are the problem.

Al Quds are publicly calling out for death to Jews (and Christians, apparently).

The Al Quds are blatantly breaking the law!

My question: why is this Al Quds rally right smack in Toronto, still going on???

Our hate-speech law is what? A mockery?

Never mind making irrelevant comment about Rob Ford.
Stick to the issue - don't try to muddle it up with irrelevant stuffs.............

............or, I might think you're just trying to deflect.

lol...you're the one that brought up the Fords...I'm merely pointing to Dougie's track record to tell you why I don't really consider him much more than a trumpeting flatulence factory. You wish I was trying to deflect... ;)

I think you need to actually read what our Hate Speech laws actually entail before continuing this conversation. Also have a look at the cases around it, and how many were dropped. You will see that they are certainly not abused, and the leniency shown to the Al Quds is also extended to other groups, and is only used in the most extreme cases.

Personally I think this is a good thing - I like that our government uses extreme caution and prudence when applying this law. As a Canadian Conservative, I would think you should be too, since if it were applied more liberally (and to the letter of the law), there would be very few Conservative politicians left to vote for. Careful what you wish for, Tos.

lol...you're the one that brought up the Fords.....
:shock:

The new Premier of Ontario - Doug Ford - who said he'll stop this Al Quds rally. Hello?
Why shouldn't I bring that up????? :lol:

I think you need to actually read what our Hate Speech laws actually entail before continuing this conversation.

Did you read it? :lol:

:shock:

The new Premier of Ontario - Doug Ford - who said he'll stop this Al Quds rally. Hello?
Why shouldn't I bring that up????? :lol:

No reason... Just like there's no reason why I shouldn't bring up Doug Ford's track record to indicate why I don't think he amounts to a hill of beans, in terms of stopping anything. You're the one guffawing over there, and suggesting I'm deflecting. I'm not. :shrug:

Next!

Did you read it? :lol:

Of course I read it...you think I like getting caught with my pants down? :lol: Not usually!

Looks like you're running out of steam, my friend. C'mon, don't give up so easily.

No reason... Just like there's no reason why I shouldn't bring up Doug Ford's track record to indicate why I don't think he amounts to a hill of beans, in terms of stopping anything. You're the one guffawing over there, and suggesting I'm deflecting. I'm not. :shrug:

Well, so far....people are happy with the low cost of gas here. :) he delivered that, pronto.

Next!

Of course I read it...you think I like getting caught with my pants down? :lol: Not usually!

Looks like you're running out of steam, my friend. C'mon, don't give up so easily.

When you start bringing up so-called Ford's "track records," along with rallies by supremacists, in response to the question: why is Al Quds hate-rally allowed to go on for years.......yep, you're deflecting.

You may have read it, friend.....but did you understand it? I gotta ask, because of the above. :lol:

Anyway....

James Keegstra case.

The story received international attention and Keegstra was charged in 1984 under Canada's hate crime laws. He was convicted, but the decision was overturned on appeal after Keegstra's lawyer argued the law was unconstitutional because it violated Charter provisions on freedom of expression.

The Keegstra case continued to bounce around various courts until a landmark 1996 ruling by the Supreme Court. It said the Criminal Code section on public incitement of hatred did infringe on the Charter — but that infringement was justified — and upheld Keegstra's conviction.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/when-is-it-hate-speech-7-significant-canadian-cases-1.1036731

here's from the Canadian government:

The Supreme Court of Canada has recognized that the Charter’s guarantee of freedom of expression is not absolute. It has upheld restrictions on forms of expression that it has deemed to run contrary to the spirit of the Charter, such as hate speech, given that the purpose of such expression is to prevent the free exercise of another group’s rights.

3 Criminal Code Provisions Targeting Hate
3.1 Hate Propaganda

Under section 318(1), everyone who advocates or promotes genocide is guilty of an offence punishable by up to five years’ imprisonment. The term “genocide” is defined in section 318(2) to mean killing members of an identifiable group or deliberately inflicting on an identifiable group conditions of life calculated to bring about the group’s physical destruction. An intent to directly prompt or provoke another person to commit genocide is enough to establish the mens rea, or criminal intent, component of the offence.30

Section 319(2) makes it an offence to communicate, except in private conversation, statements that wilfully promote hatred against an “identifiable group” (which has the same meaning as in section 318). As with offences under section 318, no prosecution under section 319(2) can be instituted without the consent of the Attorney General.

Under section 319(1), everyone who, by communicating statements in a public place, incites hatred against any identifiable group where such incitement is likely to lead to a breach of the peace is guilty of an indictable offence punishable by up to two years’ imprisonment, or of a summary conviction offence.
https://lop.parl.ca/sites/PublicWebsite/default/en_CA/ResearchPublications/201825E

So.....presecution depends upon the consent of the Attorney General!

2016. 2017. How come the Attorney General at the time, hadn't acted on the blatant display of hatred against Jews?

Huh. Interesting. Who's the past Attorney General of Ontario - before Caroline Mulroney?

Yasir Naqvi.

He's a Muslim.

Muslim role in court? opening hailed as a first

The London Free Press
Updated: October 2, 2017

https://lfpress.com/2017/10/02/musl...irst/wcm/9a306d72-d4a7-048b-03e4-d00b19f637e0

Last edited:

Next!

In 2017:

Jews urge attorney general to 'stand up to hate'

A new petition calls on Ontario Attorney General Yasir Naqvi to respond to the Jewish community’s complaints and concerns about hate crime and hate speech.
https://torontosun.com/2017/08/26/j...hate/wcm/876b7d5b-314d-4802-b7e2-f11a8e38e2d8

Why did he have to be urged? The Islamist group blatantly broke the law!
The Al Quds rally was allowed to go on just last June.

Toronto Al-Quds Day rally will go ahead, despite efforts to stop it

Don't tell me the Liberal Attorney General's Islamic religion didn't have anything to do with him failing to do his job!

Last edited:
Well, so far....people are happy with the low cost of gas here. he delivered that, pronto.

Where in Ontario are you? I'm in the east end, in the Belleville / Trenton area. Gas prices have not noticeably decreased since he got in. Family in the Guelph area, the Wiarton area, the Hamilton area, and the Muskoka area agree.

Anyway...who's talking about gas...why you trying to deflect, Tos? :lol:

When you start bringing up so-called Ford's "track records," along with rallies by supremacists, in response to the question: why is Al Quds hate-rally allowed to go on for years.......yep, you're deflecting.

Lady, you're the one who brought him up!!! Go on, read through again, I'll wait... ;) I'm not deflecting, you made the assertion he'd stop things, and I'm saying he won't, based on his track record of not even being able to stop his brother. Care to move on? I think we've mediocre-ed up the thread enough in that direction. haha

You may have read it, friend.....but did you understand it? I gotta ask, because of the above.

Yes, Tos, I understood it. :roll:

Anyway....

Indeed.

James Keegstra case.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/when-is-it-hate-speech-7-significant-canadian-cases-1.1036731

here's from the Canadian government:

https://lop.parl.ca/sites/PublicWebsite/default/en_CA/ResearchPublications/201825E

So.....presecution depends upon the consent of the Attorney General!

2016. 2017. How come the Attorney General at the time, hadn't acted on the blatant display of hatred against Jews?

Huh. Interesting. Who's the past Attorney General of Ontario - before Caroline Mulroney?

Yasir Naqvi.

He's a Muslim.

https://lfpress.com/2017/10/02/musl...irst/wcm/9a306d72-d4a7-048b-03e4-d00b19f637e0

So...you're telling me that the parade is allowed to continue because the Attorney General is a Muslim, and there's a conspiracy against the Jews.

Nonsense, Tos...and please, if you want to chat, don't drag me down into the gutters Harper and The Rebel built for you. There is no way you could possibly back that allegation up with fact. Let's not waste any more time on silliness, if you have a case to make, make it with demonstrable facts, not the gossip and conspiracy theory and insinuation that has become Canadian conservative "dialogue", since Harper dropped the bar to the ground. We're supposed to be friends, Tos, don't treat me like an idiot, please?

The fact is, the group was investigated in 2017, nothing happened, because no laws were broken, according to those that understand and uphold the laws. This is consistent with the application of these laws, which are very rarely invoked. Hate speech laws aren't there to punish demographics you don't like, Tos. If it makes you feel better, the idiots protesting outside mosques with hate-filled signs and slogans weren't tossed in jail either.

The fact is, in order to be convicted under these laws, you have to take it to some extraordinary level. Which is a good thing, because there would be a lot of conservatives in jail due to the following:

Section 319(2) makes it an offence to wilfully promote hatred against any identifiable group, by making statements (other than in private conversation). The Crown prosecutor can proceed either by indictment or by summary process. The maximum penalty is imprisonment of not more than two years.[13]

Section 319(3) provides specific defences to the offence of promoting hatred. A person will not be convicted if:

- the person establishes that the statements communicated were true;
- in good faith, the person expressed or attempted to establish by an argument an opinion on a religious subject or an opinion based on a belief in a religious text;
- the statements were relevant to any subject of public interest, the discussion of which was for the public benefit, and if on reasonable grounds the person believed them to be true; or
- in good faith, the person intended to point out, for the purpose of removal, matters producing or tending to produce feelings of hatred toward an identifiable group in Canada.[13]

Good grief, what would Canadian conservatives have left to talk about? ;)

In 2017:

https://torontosun.com/2017/08/26/j...hate/wcm/876b7d5b-314d-4802-b7e2-f11a8e38e2d8

Why did he have to be urged? The Islamist group blatantly broke the law!
The Al Quds rally was allowed to go on just last June.

Tos, let's be honest for five seconds. You and I both know that there is a certain group of Israeli nationalists that will demand hate crimes charges be laid against a light breeze, should it carry the words "the Jews are not innocent in the Middle East", and the Nuremburg trials reopened if anyone dares say they are wrong. If the Al Qud march had "blatantly broken the law", they would have been charged. Sorry you didn't like the results....but see in my last post, prudence and discipline in regards to these laws ensures our freedom of speech. I thought you conservatives were big on that...

Don't tell me the Liberal Attorney General's Islamic religion didn't have anything to do with him failing to do his job!

Honestly, my first reaction is to do just that, accompanied with heavy amounts of eye rolling and derision. However, I don't know...it seems unlikely, Occam's Razor suggests it was simply because they weren't actually breaking the law...and if the response by the AG was contradictory to the law, certainly our new, less Progressive, Conservative party would be all over it like flies on ****... But I won't go so far as to say with 100% certainty that it didn't, because I try hard not to show my ass in debate forums by making assertions I couldn't POSSIBLY hope to prove one way or the other...ahem... ;)

Back
Top Bottom