• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britney Griner is on her way home

Putin won - he got his merchant of death back

meanwhile, Paul Whelan is still in prison .... sucks to be a white man that Democrats don't care about
This is the post where you make it all about race...

Did you forget this one while being colorblind??? ✌️

Get this through all your collective heads. Putin refused to let Whelan go, period. We tried, real hard to get them both.

But when an offer is made to release one American, why shouldn't we take it?
Source?

Get this through all your collective heads. Putin refused to let Whelan go, period. We tried, real hard to get them both.

We should compare rap sheets between Whelan and Griner... I'll start...

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 11.26.52 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 11.27.04 AM.png

I have absolutely nothing against Griner....nothing at all, and I'm happy to see her coming home but Whelan should have come first if possible.

And just what the hell does MAGA have to do with it???
It's all the MAGAs here, or at least most of them that object to the deal Biden made. We would have gotten Whalen out if Putin had agreed. He was not willing to trade for Whalen. End of story.

The OP is nbc news.

What is your source then? It's pretty far fetched to say that this was the ONLY deal Russia would agree to. And even if it was, they should have pressed more - we were taken.

"The Biden administration has faced tremendous pressure to help bring home the 6-foot-9 Houston native. Griner’s teammates, family and friends, as well as a number of U.S. celebrities lobbied for her return."

Guessing that Whelan doesn't have celebrities lobbying Biden.
Here is an update from NBC .........from the link.

"A senior U.S. official told NBC News that the U.S. government had sought to have both Griner and Whelan released as part of a swap with the Kremlin, which wanted the return of Viktor Bout, a Russian arms dealer who has served 11 years of a 25-year sentence in the U.S. But the official said Russia has treated Whelan differently because he is an accused spy, and that the Kremlin ultimately gave the White House the choice of either Griner or no one after different options were proposed."

Biden is obviously working pretty well with Putin ...
That’s why Putin waited to attack Ukraine until trump had weakened Ukraine for four years.
The US was able to bring home Brittney Griner but not Paul Whelan

not retired, court-martialed

It's all the MAGAs here, or at least most of them that object to the deal Biden made. We would have gotten Whalen out if Putin had agreed. He was not willing to trade for Whalen. End of story.

LOL

End of story?

Or maybe it was politically more rewarding to get out Griner?

Could be you know. ;)

you don't know what transpired nor do I - Putin might have offered one and not the other - we don't know

what we DO know is Griner is coming back to the USA and Bout is going back to Russia

as for taking offers ... it feels very week and stinky knowing how Putin played Biden here, like vomit level

LOL

End of story?

Or maybe it was politically more rewarding to get out Griner?

Could be you know. ;)
Why do you support a court-martialed crook?

I still support the wnba using a smaller rim with their smaller ball.

That’s why Putin waited to attack Ukraine until trump had weakened Ukraine for four years.

or

waiting until Biden was in office because he knew Biden was weak

see, your opinion isn't fact, nor is mine ... what we DO know is that Putin didn't invade Ukraine under Trump

you don't know what transpired nor do I - Putin might have offered one and not the other - we don't know

what we DO know is Griner is coming back to the USA and Bout is going back to Russia

as for taking offers ... it feels very week and stinky knowing how Putin played Biden here, like vomit level
Putin played Helsinki trump for four years as trump intentionally weakened Ukraine.

The lefties lost their minds and made it about race pages ago.
Rightie don't see nobody but whitie... :unsure:

The Stealthycat post I referred to was pages ago. Almost from the start the MAGA whiners decried leaving a 'poor' white man behind and recuing a black lesbian drug user, most likely a democrat... :cautious:

Never mind the poor white man was a BCD Marine, liar, carrying 80,000 in cash, met with an FSB Major and was caught red-handed receiving a USB stick from the FSB Major... ✌️

or

waiting until Biden was in office because he knew Biden was weak

see, your opinion isn't fact, nor is mine ... what we DO know is that Putin didn't invade Ukraine under Trump
Putin waited for trump to weaken Ukraine as much as possible. 67 of your House GOPutins have voted against every Ukraine aid package. That’s what’s coming 1/1/23.

I wonder if you and VySky and the others of your ilk have any capacity to imagine yourself in another person's predicament. That is, are you capable of possessing a shred of empathy for another American? Imagine yourself confined in a Russian prison for nearly a year and then come back here and review just how crass and thoughtless your comments are.
Thanks for the dumb, uninformed comment. I am glad she is back, and I know Biden had no choice, but to take the shitty deal, because he's Biden and could not have done better.

I'm just not turning a blind eye to the consequences of her actions, like you are doing.

Lesbian pot users are so valuable to America we will release some hardcore arms dealers to get them back.

I think Russia got the far better end of this deal
I think it shows that ANY American held in prison overseas is valued by America. It shows a decision was made by our Govt. that American Britany Grinder's value as a citizen more than justifies a trade for a human waste arms dealer whose been in prison for 10 years. We should be proud as hell we have a Govt. that feels that way. Why do you - as someone who seems to value American values - think that Russia got the better end of the deal? What's your criteria?

The US was able to bring home Brittney Griner but not Paul Whelan

From the article. "This was not a situation where we had a choice of which American to bring home. It was a choice between bringing home one particular American, Brittney Griner, or bringing home none,” the official said, speaking in a call with reporters shortly after Griner’s release was made public."

Which makes perfect sense. As in Griner, or none. Also too, Putin has been adamant about getting his friend Viktor released, maybe not so much because Viktor's a hero, but a treasure trove of Russian intelligence, which supposedly he never shared while held prisoner here. - Right now, I'm just glad Griner is back home, and can only hope the same for Whelan and others.

She had a vial of cannabis oil to alleviate pain. Maybe she isn't well versed in geopolitics.

At worst she was careless, but it could have happened to anyone who isn't clued into the disgusting Russian political scene.
I think it's pretty well known that bringing drugs into a foreign country is a no no. That excuse won't fly.

I think it shows that ANY American held in prison overseas is valued by America. It shows a decision was made by our Govt. that American Britany Grinder's value as a citizen more than justifies a trade for a human waste arms dealer whose been in prison for 10 years. We should be proud as hell we have a Govt. that feels that way. Why do you - as someone who seems to value American values - think that Russia got the better end of the deal? What's your criteria?
That we trade a Russian national who is a regular citizen who was arrested for Smalltime drug smuggling.

. I am glad she is back, and I know Biden had no choice,

I think Biden likely had options but that they were no more than future possibilities. Why not have a political win now?

American Public: When Will you give me the student loan forgiveness you promised?

Biden Administrative : We fought a tough long and hard fight to do what we promised to help Americans and brought home a basketball player home.

I hope knowing Grimer is home helps to ease the burden when loan payments start up again.

Back
Top Bottom