• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

British Troops Beat Iraqi Teenagers on Video!!

jamesrage said:
Soldiers and marines are walking dealers of death of their govenments! Iraqi teenagers are just being Iraqi teenagers and should be allowed to throw all the rocks they want and brick throwing is in a combat zone should only be seen as kids just being kids and not a serious offense at all.Let me know if I laid the sarcasm on too thick.

Yes. Let them lob bigger things... a daisy-cutter or two. :rofl

"...two zero now has a busted windshield, thank you for not authorizing force"

:rofl

fooligan said:
"...two zero now has a busted windshield, thank you for not authorizing force"

:rofl

Those kids were just begging to be drained from the gene pool.
Personally I think the parents should receive a bill for every bit of damage.

IMHO, if you have invade a country you have a moral responsibility with regard to how you conduct yourself. If you been invaded you don't have such a responsibility.

Naughty Nurse said:
IMHO, if you have invade a country you have a moral responsibility with regard to how you conduct yourself. If you been invaded you don't have such a responsibility.

True statement. There should be no argument amongst the intelligent. For the rest of you...feel free to act retarded.

However, It's not this simple. Combat is very, very grey - you may trust me. Our "Laws of War" which are loosely adhered to by our allies are instated to give us a moral compass during acts of destroying, killing, and every day conduct. At times, this becomes very difficult to adhere to even by American forces. This is the reason events like NaJaaf or Fallujah occur. Our enemy uses their mosques and hospital facilities to headquarter and to wage war. They are not stupid. They know that our "Laws" prohibit us from firing on these types of locations without express permission from higher echelon commands. They also know that we do not fire on the wounded, which gave them the tactic to deceive in order to lure out Corpsmen and their Marine protectors from cover (This allowed for future occasions where Marine leaders chose to shoot the wounded rather than risk the lives of his Marines on a possible ruse). What becomes unethical and a subject for benchwarmer spectators, becomes an act of survival for the man in the field that is just trying to accomplish his mission for country and to go home in one piece.

Now, with all of this in mind, it is easy to sit back and watch this video and to declare all that is wrong. What this video (and any other video for that matter) will not show is the days or weeks that these soldiers endured dodging rocks and stones from crowds of protesters that mostly wish to express their frustrations with their current lives. (They dismiss any notion of what their lives will be like if we just simply left them to the hoards of religious zealots that wish to impose their Radical visions of reality upon them and immediately look for a scapegoat that is readily available.) After some time, the troop can become complacent to objects being hurled in his direction. There is a danger in this. One of these rocks can easily be switched out with a grenade and the troops that have become complacent will not know until their hearing is deafened and they see their comrades bleeding from open wounds. Action must be taken to be pro-active before escallations like this occurs.

(By the way, I got rocked under my right eye by a Somali kid....little bastard.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the calm and rational response, gunny - was expecting to be shot down in flames!!

I personally have tremendous doubts about the war in Iraq, its true intentions and even its legality. But that is about politicians.

That said, I wouldn't consider myself to be in a position to judge what the average field-based soldier does. No doubt there are some very bad soldiers, but the same can be said of any profession. I can see that for those troops over there it must simply at times be a matter of pure survival, and those of us sat comfortably in our homes should think twice before judging other braver individuals.

Naughty Nurse said:
Thanks for the calm and rational response, gunny - was expecting to be shot down in flames!!

I have my moments. While "abrasive" or "blighting" I can be, I am trying to be more understanding to individuals that have not faced down an emeny through iron sights.

Naughty Nurse said:
I personally have tremendous doubts about the war in Iraq, its true intentions and even its legality. But that is about politicians.

This will forever be the subject of heated debate. With revelations yet to be publicized it will be interesing to see how history records this event.

Naughty Nurse said:

I disagree.

I think as a human being you should have a moral responsibility with regard to how you conduct yourself.
Teaching your kids to not play in the street and not bite the hand that feeds you is just the basics.

Hamid: Papa Im going with Jameel to go throw rocks at people driving multi tonned trucks and heavily armed guys with armor piercing rounds..

Papa: Ok Hamid be back by lunchtime we are eating lunch courtesy of the The UN's Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and World Food Program (WFP)....

"approximately 80 percent of the Iraqi population would become vulnerable to food insecurity if the current food rations were no longer accessible."

tumbleweed said:
These people have been stoning things for thousands of years. They use it as a weapon. It can be pretty effective at times, inflicting serious injury in some cases. Their rocks are often bricks, or whatever is handy.

I can understand the soldiers frustration, but I don't condone their reaction.
These aren't innocent kids. All these people know is violence. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that these innocent kids were throwing things to earn a living, as we haven't had much luck finding employment for them.

That's why Saddam had such a repressive regime. It's the only way he could effectively deal with these people.It's going to take more than candy and handshakes to change the mind of people who are brain-washed.

It's the failed policies in Iraq that contribute to these incidents.

Another racist generalization from an imbecile

Sir_Alec said:
Another racist generalization from an imbecile

A better response would be to throw a grenade into the middle of the group of kids to destroy the evidence.:rofl

tumbleweed said:
A better response would be to throw a grenade into the middle of the group of kids to destroy the evidence.:rofl

:rofl don't worry. I really dont think youre a racist or an imbecile.

Sir_Alec said:
:rofl don't worry. I really dont think youre a racist or an imbecile.

What makes it racist? Learn the region. They live in constant bigotry towards other sects within their religion and they witness public violent acts of "justice" throughout the region. Because of the sectorial diversity and the extreme spectrum of interpretation to the Qu'ran, Radical Islam numbers in the millions and the vast majority of moderate Muslims are silent. On the Saudi peninsula it is routine to watch a criminal have his leg or hand hacked off. In more severe cases a beheading while munching on buttered popcorn is the show. In Iran, public hangings number in the hundreds over just a few months time. In Syria, it is routine to witness stonings and public beatings. In Saddam's Iraq, it was routine to watch the Iraqi military of police haul away a daughter for the sins of the father and rape her. It was also routine to be arrested for no apparant reason to the public and never be seen again.
In today's Iraq, one sect cannot live with the reality that they are not better than the others so they slaughter and murder out of temper tantrum. In Sudan, Sunni militants are quite fond of slaughtering Christians and other sectorial Muslims.

Of course, mentioning that violence is very prevailant and acceptable in this civilization must make an individual racist. Save the "political correct" garbage for another Forum.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
What makes it racist? Learn the region. They live in constant bigotry towards other sects within their religion and they witness public violent acts of "justice" throughout the region. Because of the sectorial diversity and the extreme spectrum of interpretation to the Qu'ran, Radical Islam numbers in the millions and the vast majority of moderate Muslims are silent. On the Saudi peninsula it is routine to watch a criminal have his leg or hand hacked off. In more severe cases a beheading while munching on buttered popcorn is the show. In Iran, public hangings number in the hundreds over just a few months time. In Syria, it is routine to witness stonings and public beatings. In Saddam's Iraq, it was routine to watch the Iraqi military of police haul away a daughter for the sins of the father and rape her. It was also routine to be arrested for no apparant reason to the public and never be seen again.
In today's Iraq, one sect cannot live with the reality that they are not better than the others so they slaughter and murder out of temper tantrum. In Sudan, Sunni militants are quite fond of slaughtering Christians and other sectorial Muslims.

Of course, mentioning that violence is very prevailant and acceptable in this civilization must make an individual racist. Save the "political correct" garbage for another Forum.

While you have a point I was not being serious. Political correctness is not one of my attributes.

Aleem said:
Do not blame me if i started to plan to explode anything british or american.
Do not blame us if we here started to fully support Bin Laden.
Do not then ask your stupid question: "Why do they hate us?"
Do not expect us to believe your lies about democracy and peace and all your bullcrap.
Your ugly soldiers deserve to be brutally slaughtered not simply shooted.Damn you, Dirtiest creatures.

Yea, how's that working out for you? You guys seem to always be claiming that with the will of Allah you will prevail. Looks like my God is taking Allah to the woodshed. Looks like your soldiers are being slaughtered all over the world. That is, when you brain surgeons are not blowing yourselves up. You talk a bunch of bullshit. The circle tightens on you and your ilk. Can you feel it coming?

Back
Top Bottom