• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brilliant speech and I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Gowdy Cautions Dems On Amnesty: ‘There Will Come A Day Where You Will Cry Out For Enforcement Of The Law’ [VIDEO]

In his opening statement during a House Judiciary Committee hearing on “The Unconstitutionality of Obama’s Executive Actions on Immigration,” Rep. Trey Gowdy warned Democrats against the perils of disregarding “enforcement of the law.”

With little more than 48 hours before funding for the Department of Homeland Security expires, Gowdy told Democrats that “there will come a day where you will cry out” for the law to enforced.

REP. TREY GOWDY: I’m going to say this for those who benefit from the president’s polices. You may be willing to allow the end to justify the means in this case. You may well like the fact that the president has abused prosecutorial discretion and conferred benefits in an unprecedented way. You may benefit from from the president’s failure to enforce the law.
more................
Trey Gowdy Cautions Democrats On Amnesty/Immigration [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller

Gowdy Cautions Dems On Amnesty: ‘There Will Come A Day Where You Will Cry Out For Enforcement Of The Law’ [VIDEO]

In his opening statement during a House Judiciary Committee hearing on “The Unconstitutionality of Obama’s Executive Actions on Immigration,” Rep. Trey Gowdy warned Democrats against the perils of disregarding “enforcement of the law.”

With little more than 48 hours before funding for the Department of Homeland Security expires, Gowdy told Democrats that “there will come a day where you will cry out” for the law to enforced.

REP. TREY GOWDY: I’m going to say this for those who benefit from the president’s polices. You may be willing to allow the end to justify the means in this case. You may well like the fact that the president has abused prosecutorial discretion and conferred benefits in an unprecedented way. You may benefit from from the president’s failure to enforce the law.
more................

Until the SCOTUS rules in a similar fashion that Obama exceeded his powers, I remain unconvinced. In any case, aside from doing something this drastic, how else was a Republican House ever going to consider even talking about meaningful immigration reform?

Until the SCOTUS rules in a similar fashion that Obama exceeded his powers, I remain unconvinced. In any case, aside from doing something this drastic, how else was a Republican House ever going to consider even talking about meaningful immigration reform?

Obama himself has exceeded his powers in his own words. :lol:

Obama himself has exceeded his powers in his own words. :lol:

I believe in the very same power of law Gowdy does. No one is above the law. If it is found the Obama exceeded his powers based on examination of constitutional law, I will accept it at face value. Until then, I remain unconvinced.

Now tell me, how was a Republican House ever going to talk about immigration if this didn't happen?

I believe in the very same power of law Gowdy does. No one is above the law. If it is found the Obama exceeded his powers based on examination of constitutional law, I will accept it at face value. Until then, I remain unconvinced.

Now tell me, how was a Republican House ever going to talk about immigration if this didn't happen?

Obama himself said he wasn't a king and then did exactly what he said he couldn't. Even at face value he's violated that-or do you need a court ruling to tell you that as well?

Obama himself said he wasn't a king and then did exactly what he said he couldn't. Even at face value he's violated that-or do you need a court ruling to tell you that as well?

Answer the question.

Answer the question.

The question is irrelevant. If you want an answer, answer it yourself. The issue is not the action of the republican House. The issue is the action of the president.

The question is irrelevant. If you want an answer, answer it yourself. The issue is not the action of the republican House. The issue is the action of the president.

Are you US Conservative? Was I talking to you?

The fundamental problem in America, which has led to a particular American President trying to aid and abet an invasion of destitute, ignorant, skill-less, anti-American vagabonds to come into this country...

The fundamental problem which is FEEDING and DRIVING the desire to flood America with extremely expensive and productivity people...

Is the fact that because they can be racial-victim-identity politics grouped together and treated differentially, they can be pandered and purchased as a voting Bloc and therefore become a source of Political POWER!

If we did not allow the Government Institutionalized Racial Discrimination and Differential Treatment, Obama and the Democrats would not be doing any of this!

One Nation, One Standard, One set of Laws and Benefits, Regardless of RACE, and this problem goes away, Period!

-

I understand that Obama has in fact NOT violated the Constitution. As wrong minded as it is, he is not granting amnesty...he is causing organizations within the executive branch to NOT enforce federal law. There is a case for judicial consideration. Does THAT excede his authority as president? Thats is something the courts will probably be called on to decide.

But...for all the supporters of the presidents actions...be careful what you support.

Congress can and probably should defund the executive branch. They should defund the IRS, Homeland Security, The Justice Department, and they should defund the White House and its discretionary funding spending.

But thats not all. States should respond in kind to the President. They should see the presidents actions as a clear indicator that they are in fact above the law as well and have no cause nor responsibility to follow federal laws. Since the President maintains one person has the right to ignore the execution of the law, surely every state Governor shares that right. Border states should feel free to place National Guard troops along the borders. State law enforcement officials should enforce the existing federal law. States should feel free to enforce federally imposed judicial mandates, including the decisions on gay marriage if that is the will of the residents of the state. The president has created an environment which could and maybe should lead to a fair amount of chaos.

more................

First time I heard of him was when he was still a Prosecutor, and I saw him on Forensic Files. I was impressed. I saw him in a couple of more episodes, and I was really impressed. I applauded his constituents for sending him to DC. I am more impressed than ever with him. I think he's an exceptionally bright young man and has one hell of a future.

Unconvinced??? Good grief woman....why is that? Wait...I'll answer it for you....you voted for this meathead in the WH!

I believe we are now entering a phase of dictatorship in this country.

Unconvinced??? Good grief woman....why is that? Wait...I'll answer it for you....you voted for this meathead in the WH!

I believe we are now entering a phase of dictatorship in this country.

I don't live in the United States, so no. I did not vote for Obama.

I understand that Obama has in fact NOT violated the Constitution. As wrong minded as it is, he is not granting amnesty...he is causing organizations within the executive branch to NOT enforce federal law. There is a case for judicial consideration. Does THAT excede his authority as president? Thats is something the courts will probably be called on to decide.

But...for all the supporters of the presidents actions...be careful what you support.

Congress can and probably should defund the executive branch. They should defund the IRS, Homeland Security, The Justice Department, and they should defund the White House and its discretionary funding spending.

But thats not all. States should respond in kind to the President. They should see the presidents actions as a clear indicator that they are in fact above the law as well and have no cause nor responsibility to follow federal laws. Since the President maintains one person has the right to ignore the execution of the law, surely every state Governor shares that right. Border states should feel free to place National Guard troops along the borders. State law enforcement officials should enforce the existing federal law. States should feel free to enforce federally imposed judicial mandates, including the decisions on gay marriage if that is the will of the residents of the state. The president has created an environment which could and maybe should lead to a fair amount of chaos.

This is selective enforcement of the law for the presidents personal political gain.

Do you really need a court ruling to form an opinion on that?

He's correct, Kobie. Your little dance (dance of the liberal) is merely a weak attempt to distract. :2wave:

A direct question that you answered with other questions was not a distraction on anyone's part but yours.

This is selective enforcement of the law for the presidents personal political gain.

Do you really need a court ruling to form an opinion on that?
Personal opinions on this are irrelevant. They have no authority. What I have decided is as worthless as what you have decided about this. Of COURSE I believe he is shirking his duties and usurping the law. I should think that point was made clear. But unless and until the GOP challenges this in court it isnt relevant and their only response must be to fight fire with fire.

In addition to choosing to not act on federal decisions on things like gay marriage, the states SHOULD enforce existing immigration law.

Are you US Conservative? Was I talking to you?

Open forum, buddy. If you want an exclusive conversation, do it by PM. I take it you can't explain the relevance, too.

Back
Top Bottom