• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brett Kavanaugh just admitted he screwed up

Amelia

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Hey, we can all relax now. When he is on the Supreme Court he won't be the guy who testified last Thursday.

I was very emotional last Thursday, more so than I have ever been. I might have been too emotional at times. I know that my tone was sharp, and I said a few things I should not have said. I hope everyone can understand that I was there as a son, husband and dad. I testified with five people foremost in my mind: my mom, my dad, my wife, and most of all my daughters.

Going forward, you can count on me to be the same kind of judge and person I have been for my entire 28-year legal career: hardworking, even-keeled, open-minded, independent and dedicated to the Constitution and the public good. As a judge, I have always treated colleagues and litigants with the utmost respect. I have been known for my courtesy on and off the bench. I have not changed.

Damned for showing emotion. Damned if he didn't.

It won't help him. In fact it will hurt Kavanaugh. He is well on the way now of satisfying nobody with a blatantly political move while trying to claim he is apolitical "as a Justice should be". He certainly did not satisfy those that saw his outburst as way out of bounds and now wimping out over it is not going to satisfy the crowd that loved it.

He could easily find himself buried under that OP-ED. I would certainly bury him under it if I were the dems. The piece was not even well written and it was certainly ill advised particularly since it came on the heels of the Judge Steven's comments. Kavanaugh and his advisers just told us they are worried about the Stevens comments.

Whoever is advising Kavanaugh needs his head examined. Kavanaugh cracked on Thursday and his team is cracking today.

People are human.

News at 11.

Damned for showing emotion. Damned if he didn't.

Because the only way to show emotion is to do an impression of an exploding volcano.

/sarcasm

It won't help him. In fact it will hurt Kavanaugh. He is well on the way now of satisfying nobody with a blatantly political move while trying to claim he is apolitical "as a Justice should be". He certainly did not satisfy those that saw his outburst as way out of bounds and now wimping out over it is not going to satisfy the crowd that loved it.

He could easily find himself buried under that OP-ED. I would certainly bury him under it if I were the dems. The piece was not even well written and it was certainly ill advised particularly since it came on the heels of the Judge Steven's comments. Kavanaugh and his advisers just told us they are worried about the Stevens comments.

Whoever is advising Kavanaugh needs his head examined. Kavanaugh cracked on Thursday and his team is cracking today.

How would you behave if you and your family were attacked over something you have fought all your life to defend?

I am somewhat mollified by his wimp-out.

He is going to be confirmed.

So he could be confirmed while still wearing his nutter conspiracy theory hat, or he could take that hat off. He needed to take that hat off. I'm glad he did.

He's still a liar. He's still got some screws loose. But it would have been very bad if Republicans had confirmed the man who shouted at us last Thursday. This way they can confirm a man who acknowledged that was out of line, and that's better.

Because the only way to show emotion is to do an impression of an exploding volcano.

/sarcasm

I find this to be very unempathetic.... I would most likely be broken if I was in this mans position.... he's a better man than me.

The toxic Trump haters were going to oppose him no matter what.

And the toxic Trumpsters were gong to support him no matter what. So what the hell is he doing? An op-ed in the Wall Street Journal? Is he running for office?
This is just wierd. Not that its important, just that its wierd.

What a farce!! The Honorable Bret Kavanagh has done nothing wrong other than to accept a nomination to a SCOTUS by Pres. Trump. Many Lefties tried to destroy Kavanagh's reputation but they cannot touch his record - SUCK-IT!!!!

How would you behave if you and your family were attacked over something you have fought all your life to defend?

Not like that if I was vying for a SC Justice seat.

Hey, we can all relax now. When he is on the Supreme Court he won't be the guy who testified last Thursday.

He won't be falsely accused of sex crimes with ZERO PROOF or CORROBORATION (even from the ACCUSER'S OWN WITNESSES), in front of HIS FAMILY, in any cases before the USSC, thus , will not feel the need to voraciously defend himself and his family there.

Get ridiculous much?

I am somewhat mollified by his wimp-out.

He is going to be confirmed.

So he could be confirmed while still wearing his nutter conspiracy theory hat, or he could take that hat off. He needed to take that hat off. I'm glad he did.

He's still a liar. He's still got some screws loose. But it would have been very bad if Republicans had confirmed the man who shouted at us last Thursday. This way they can confirm a man who acknowledged that was out of line, and that's better.

Its not better because it is obviously entirely motivated by the politics of the moment and as a response to Justice Stevens comments. So that does not work.

He won't be falsely accused of sex crimes with ZERO PROOF or CORROBORATION (even from the ACCUSER'S OWN WITNESSES), in front of HIS FAMILY, in any cases before the USSC, thus , will not feel the need to voraciously defend himself and his family there.

Get ridiculous much?

Voracious?

I don't get as ridiculous as you, so I'm good. Thanks for asking.

And the toxic Trumpsters were gong to support him no matter what. So what the hell is he doing? An op-ed in the Wall Street Journal? Is he running for office?
This is just wierd. Not that its important, just that its wierd.

I agree, but I haven't read it yet.

This is just another cover for him cause he's getting bad press. And that letter is being signed onto saying he's not fit for USSC. - I agree!

It's a travesty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not better because it is obviously entirely motivated by the politics of the moment and as a response to Justice Stevens comments. So that does not work.

I can see why you wouldn't feel better about it.

But it needed to be done. Now he's on the record as acknowledging that he was out of line in more ways than one.

Him giving the apology is something that needed to happen, no matter what motivated it. It wasn't specific. He didn't apologize for lying. But it was better than nothing.

It's better to have a justice who apologized when he was out of line than having a justice who was out of line and didn't apologize. He's going to confirmed. We were going to get the apologetic Kavanaugh or the non-apologetic Kavanaugh. One way or another, we're getting Kavanaugh. I'm glad we're getting the apologetic one. He was way, way, way out on a limb. I'm glad he inched his way back.

Back
Top Bottom