• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BREAKING NEWS Donald Trump has released a list of potential Supreme Court nominees t

Re: BREAKING NEWS Donald Trump has released a list of potential Supreme Court nominee

I'm gonna love the first time an interviewer asks about any of them.

Do blank expressions count as responses?

I doubt that will be his reaction. Though predicting how Trump will react has proven to be sheer guesswork, he's so often twelve steps ahead.

My guess is that he'll say what he always has said about the matter - I hired the best people I know to compile this list and listened to them.

Re: BREAKING NEWS Donald Trump has released a list of potential Supreme Court nominee

Her own financial disclosure. Trump's financial disclosure didn't contain the ammo she needed to distract from her own.

Eh? As far as I know, she has released her tax records...

Kind of like Hillary and transcripts of her Wall street speeches.

LOL who the hell cares about some speeches she did on Wall Street.. is that really the best the right can come up with now days? What about Trumps bankruptcy cases.. lets see them and see who helped him out.. they are all on Wall Street btw.

LOL who the hell cares about some speeches she did on Wall Street.. is that really the best the right can come up with now days? What about Trumps bankruptcy cases.. lets see them and see who helped him out.. they are all on Wall Street btw.

Bernie supporters, a big chunk of Democrats.

Well he does have a woman issue.

One created by the media and Hillary followers.

Eh? As far as I know, she has released her tax records...

This isn't about tax records, go back and read my reply. Her financial disclosure exposed some attack lanes for her opposition. Her opposition's financial disclosure has not. When her finances are used against her the old tried and true response is to distract, by calling for him to release his tax records.

He'll do so, on his own schedule, just as every candidate since 1972 has done.

Trump wasn't working in government when he filed those bankruptcies. Hillary was a part of the government when she was cozying up to Wall Street.

One created by the media and Hillary followers.

Nope- self created.

He is just trying to deflect from not releasing his tax returns for the last 10 years.

It's none of your business what he filed.

Or mine.

He enlisted the Heritage Foundation to help compile the list. That's a good sign.
Serial liars lie serially. When (if) he actually nominates and then sticks to defending one of these names, that will be a good sign.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

I'm gonna love the first time an interviewer asks about any of them.

Do blank expressions count as responses?

He doesn't give blank responses. Just a slew of empty superlatives.

Serial liars lie serially. When (if) he actually nominates and then sticks to defending one of these names, that will be a good sign.

Well then, we'll have this discussion when President Trump makes his first nomination. :mrgreen:

Well then, we'll have this discussion when President Trump makes his first nomination. :mrgreen:
:shrug: if he makes it, sure.

Incidentally, Trump would be smart now to take advantage of a wedge in the Democrat party, and push Hillary to release her short list.

It's none of your business what he filed.

Or mine.
Until, of course, he wants to be President.

Until, of course, he wants to be President.

It's a political ploy to make simpletons fall inline with a party, or brainwash the air heads.

Naïve in the extreme. Calling for an opponent to release "X" (no matter how meaningful or meaningless X is) is a standard political opposition tactic.

Donald Trump: Obama Birth Certificate 'Missing' (VIDEO)
Trump takes credit for Obama birth certificate release, but wonders "is it real?" - CBS News
Donald Trump Offers $5 Million For Obama's College Transcripts, Passport But Won't Show His: Report (AUDIO)
Trump: I've got my birth certificate, where's yours? - POLITICO

Lmao. Oh how deliciously hypocritical your comment is.

I doubt that will be his reaction. Though predicting how Trump will react has proven to be sheer guesswork, he's so often twelve steps ahead.

My guess is that he'll say what he always has said about the matter - I hired the best people I know to compile this list and listened to them.

Okay.

Something to be said for that!

BREAKING NEWS
Donald Trump has released a list of potential Supreme Court nominees to help quiet concerns he wouldn’t select conservatives

According to a list obtained by The Associated Press, Mr. Trump’s potential nominees include: Steven Colloton of Iowa; Allison H. Eid of Colorado; Raymond Gruender of Missouri; Thomas Hardiman of Pennsylvania; Raymond Kethledge of Michigan; Joan Larsen of Michigan; Thomas Lee of Utah; William H. Pryor Jr. of Alabama; David Stras of Minnesota; Diane Sykes of Wisconsin; and Don Willett of Texas.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/19/us/politics/donald-trump-supreme-court-nominees.html?emc=edit_na_20160518&nlid=35927693&ref=cta&_r=0
This to me, is simply Trump marketing himself to fit the moment - it's what he does best:

1] Tap into the GOP anti-establishment/anti-donor class voter discord, by running against the party to secure the nomination.

2] After securing the nomination, Unite the party to secure full GOP support.

3] After uniting the party, move to the middle to pick-up Indies and pick-off the more conservative anti-establishment Bernie babies and blue-dog former Reagan Dems needed to win the Presidency.

It makes sense to me.

So right now, Mr. Trump is in early phase #2.

It's a political ploy to make simpletons fall inline with a party, or brainwash the air heads.
Exactly!

+1

See my post #44, above.

No, it is part of the vetting process. If you want the American people to make you the most powerful human being on the planet, with power over their lives and the lives of billions of others, your life becomes an open book so we can vet you, first.

BREAKING NEWS
Donald Trump has released a list of potential Supreme Court nominees to help quiet concerns he wouldn’t select conservatives

According to a list obtained by The Associated Press, Mr. Trump’s potential nominees include: Steven Colloton of Iowa; Allison H. Eid of Colorado; Raymond Gruender of Missouri; Thomas Hardiman of Pennsylvania; Raymond Kethledge of Michigan; Joan Larsen of Michigan; Thomas Lee of Utah; William H. Pryor Jr. of Alabama; David Stras of Minnesota; Diane Sykes of Wisconsin; and Don Willett of Texas.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/19/us/politics/donald-trump-supreme-court-nominees.html?emc=edit_na_20160518&nlid=35927693&ref=cta&_r=0

I won't believe anything Trump releases, promises, or policy changes until he actually does it. He's too much of a showman and his campaign has been a desperate show of smoke and mirrors. He had to do something to get people to stop talking about his phone calls :lamo

It's almost as if he believes that he can win.

It's a good warning to these 3rd-party NeverTrumpers that there are serious issues at stake, and that they would bear the blame for letting Hillary win and pick the Supreme Court.

Back
Top Bottom