• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breaking Down the Nevada Candidate Filing Deadline

Senate:
Democratic incumbent Catherine Cortez-Masto (D) takes on three Democrats for the nomination. Meanwhile, the Republican primary is wide open, with an 8-candidate primary. The other notable Democrat is former House candidate for the 1st District Allen Rheinhart (D). The others are unknown. Notable Republicans include business owner William Conrad (R), former Attorney General of Nevada Adam Paul Laxalt, and former Nevada Senate candidate Carlo Poliak (R). The others are unknown. The winners of these two primaries will go on to face unknown Barry Rubinson (IAC*), unknown Neil Scott (L), unknown Joseph Destin (I), and unknown Barry Linderman (I).

District 1:
Democratic incumbent Dina Titus (D) takes on business owner Amy Vileia (D) in the party's primary. The Republican primary is wide open, with eight candidates running for the House seat. Notable Republicans include political activist Jane Adams (R), former Representative for the 4th District Cresent Hardy (R), former veteran Mark Robertson (R), UNLV graduate Carolina Serrano (R), and former judge Cynthia Dianne Steel (R). The winners of these two primaries will take on unknown Ken Cavanaugh (L) and unknown Comiesha Lenoir (I).

District 2:
Republican incumbent Mark Amodei (R) takes on four other Republicans. Meanwhile, there is a seven-candidate Democratic primary. Notable Republicans include former Air Force veteran Joel Beck (R) and founder of the Tarkanian Basketball Academy Danna Tarkanian (R). The others are unknowns. All seven Democrats are unknowns. The winners of these primaries will take on former House candidate Russell Best (IAP) and unknown Darryl Baber (L).

District 3:
Democratic incumbent Susie Lee (D) runs against veteran Randell S. Hynes (D) in the primary. Meanwhile, there is a five-candidate Republican primary. Notable Republicans include UNLV science and machine shop manager Clark Bossert (R), business owner John Kovacs (R), and veteran Noah Malgeri (R). The winners of these primaries go on to face unknown Robert Bruce Morris (I) in the general election.

District 4:
Democratic incumbent Steven Horsford (D) run unopposed in the Democratic primary. Meanwhile, there is a three-candidate Republican primary. Notable Republicans include business owner Annie Black (R) and veteran Sam Peters (R).

Governor:
Democratic incumbent Steve Sisolak (D) will face off against former member of the Clark County Commission Tom Collins (D). Meanwhile, there is a 15-candidate Republican primary. Notable Republicans include former House candidate Eddie Hamilton (R), former Senate candidate Tom Heck (R), former Senator Dean Heller (R), former Mayor of North Las Vegas John J. Lee (R), Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo (R), and acting medical director of the Surgical Hospitalist program at Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas Fred Simon (R). The winners of the primaries will face off against unknown Edward Bridges II (IAP*), marketer and advertiser Brandon Davis (L), unknown Bradley Beck (I), unknown Austin Billings (I), and unknown Monique Richardson (I).

* = Independent American Party (IAP)

Back
Top Bottom