• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bluegrass Only

deep down Jerry was really a blue grass God.

another classic with David

I love bluegrass and for the other, maybe one, person on DP who likes bluegrass I decided to post a few.
]

That would surely be me. :mrgreen:

My Dad was a big bluegrass fan, always dragging me to bluegrass events... it grew on me and I came to love it, and now especially because it reminds me of him. :)

His favorite was Flatt and Scruggs, the Orange Blossom Special...

and this one...

That would surely be me. :mrgreen:

My Dad was a big bluegrass fan, always dragging me to bluegrass events... it grew on me and I came to love it, and now especially because it reminds me of him. :)

His favorite was Flatt and Scruggs, the Orange Blossom Special...

and this one...

Orange Blossom Special is one of my all time favorites.

Risky, I've had a mad musical crush on Ricky since the mid-'80s and also The Whites. Love them. Love bluegrass gospel too--Doyle Lawson (on Ricky's label) and the Forrester Sisters.

Meanwhile, here's Bela Fleck with Earl Scruggs:

I also love bluegrass gospel. Ricky Skaggs is great.

Risky, I've had a mad musical crush on Ricky since the mid-'80s and also The Whites. Love them. Love bluegrass gospel too--Doyle Lawson (on Ricky's label) and the Forrester Sisters.

Meanwhile, here's Bela Fleck with Earl Scruggs:

Here you go nota and Goshen. It's one of my favorite bluegrass gospels.

I'd never heard this--thank you so much for sharing it.

Ricky Skaggs and Tony Rice recorded an album in the '80's that's worth adding to your collection. I wore mine out. This is not my fave, but you get what you get with YouTube, right?

Alison Kraus does a terrific version of this, but listen for Dolly's harmony on Emmylou and Ricky's "Green Pastures":

And guess some of the background vocals on this:

I discovered the Forrester Sisters by accident while looking for an old Baptist hymn that isn't often recorded, "Lilly of the Valley":

Wish Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver's "Sail On" was out there on YouTube, but here are the Forrester Sisters again:

Back
Top Bottom