• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BLM is now Blow Law Men Away

BLM is not new it is full of the same Farrakhan loving white guy hating thugs that have been around for decades.

Sure there are a lot of new people in the movement that have no clue, but at its root its just more of the same.

True in that there have always been blacks that hated whites, just as there have been whites that hate blacks and that will not be changing any time soon. That said you failed to tie the shooter to the BLM, in fact from what I have seen and heard he is not connected to any specific group, just another nut that decided they needed to show the world.

The guy was a rather prolific ranter, and wrote and published about a lot his rantings.

I realize that. Dylann Roof was also a prolific rambler. That didn't stop people from tying everything he ranted about to the Confederate flag.

This guy showed up in Dallas and Baton Rouge, where it was known that BLM was protesting. He could have stayed in Kansas City and shot cops there. Maybe it's just one of the weirdest coincidences in the history of murders.

Does it make you feel good knowing you jumped to conclusions and this latest shooting had nothing to do with BLM?

Uh, except that it had everything to do with BLM. No. I feel vindicated, since I said this would happen over two years ago.

I realize that. Dylann Roof was also a prolific rambler. That didn't stop people from tying everything he ranted about to the Confederate flag.

This guy showed up in Dallas and Baton Rouge, where it was known that BLM was protesting. He could have stayed in Kansas City and shot cops there. Maybe it's just one of the weirdest coincidences in the history of murders.

Likely not even "weirdest", but just a coincidence. Or, they guy having no ties to BLM, was still stalking cops and knew that at these large events, there would be many targets.

Coincidence many times turns out to be just that....coincidence.

Uh, except that it had everything to do with BLM. No. I feel vindicated, since I said this would happen over two years ago.

prove it had anything to do with BLM. Show that this guy was a member of BLM.

Exactly. Both Johnson and this guy reacted to the cop shootings of the past two week. Johnson pushed his plan forward after the Minnesota shooting. And, Long went to Baton Rouge because that's where "the enemy" was located--cops who shot a black dude.

He lived in KC but went to kill cops in Baton Rouge. Are you actually going to try selling that this is by coincidence?

Likely not even "weirdest", but just a coincidence. Or, they guy having no ties to BLM, was still stalking cops and knew that at these large events, there would be many targets.

Coincidence many times turns out to be just that....coincidence.

Just a coincidence that he managed to arbitrarily pick two cities where BLM was protesting. That sure sounds plausible to me.

He lived in KC but went to kill cops in Baton Rouge. Are you actually going to try selling that this is by coincidence?

Proof, not coincidence.

Just a coincidence that he managed to arbitrarily pick two cities where BLM was protesting. That sure sounds plausible to me.

So all you have is supposition then. Why does it need to be arbitrary? I, in fact, gave you a reason as to why he could have staked out those two places but still have nothing to do with BLM.

BLM isn't a "formal group" at all so that would be impossible. But I don't see much of a difference between BLM and the Black Panthers. Can you point some out?

BLM not being a "formal" group can also be debated since its founders were invited to the White House on more than one occasion by BO. BO has even praised them for their work.

There is a push, the likes I have never seen, to completely disassociate BLM with anything bad that has happened. We saw it last year when those 2 cops were killed in NYC right after the Eric Garner incident. That was merely a coincidence. We saw it last week in Dallas. It was merely a coincidence that people were marching on behalf of BLM while he was setting up to pick off white cops. Out of all of the cities this latest guy could have picked, it was just a coincidence that he chose Baton Rouge right as they were protesting the death of Alton Sterling.

These were all just coincidences.

You have to be a "member" of BLM? How does that work? I can't just read about them on the internet or watch them on television. I have to become a member?

then you expect me to prove a negative relationship
do i really need to explain to a school teacher why that is a ridiculous expectation?

No, I'm asking you to create a Venn diagram. We teachers do that all the time. :)

So what are the similarities and differences between BLM and the Black Panthers?

You have to be a "member" of BLM? How does that work? I can't just read about them on the internet or watch them on television. I have to become a member?

*sigh*

No, here's the thing, you want to tie him to BLM, you have to....tie him to BLM. Stating that he happened to be in the same places is just coincidence, there's no evidence there. From the shooter's own writings he claims no affiliation with any actually, claims his actions and thoughts are performed by him and derived by him alone. In all of his rantings and publications, there's no reference to BLM. Instead, he was looking to take out violence and bloodshed against the government and police.

Hence, it is far more likely that he merely took advantage of the BLM hubbub and their massive protests to enact the violence he had wanted to from the beginning.

But if you have any evidence, then by all means present it.

it's my beef too
does that make me a BLM member?

besides, the baton rouge shooter asserted he is unaffiliated in his blogs

There are no "members" of BLM. It's not a group where you register to become a member. You support BLM, right?

Op'ed are not evidence or even truth they are opinions. If you make a claim then you must support it with facts or it is just that Opinion.

Refer to my previous post.

It's hilarious how leftists are always demanding evidence.

BLM not being a "formal" group can also be debated since its founders were invited to the White House on more than one occasion by BO. BO has even praised them for their work.

Sure, there are leaders. But there's no sign-in sheets, fee or member list. Do you have a member list?

What does BLM have to do with your link?

It mentions nothing of BLM to do with this shooting nor does it even identify the 'race' of the killers.

Jeez...wait for at least some hard evidence before you condemn people/organizations.

Hint , when the race is NOT mentioned bet on black !

Sure, there are leaders. But there's no sign-in sheets, fee or member list. Do you have a member list?

There are leaders, and there are followers, and they organize themselves to these protests, strange how that happens, isn't it? They seem to just know where and when to show up, huh?

True in that there have always been blacks that hated whites, just as there have been whites that hate blacks and that will not be changing any time soon. That said you failed to tie the shooter to the BLM, in fact from what I have seen and heard he is not connected to any specific group, just another nut that decided they needed to show the world.

He just happened to be killing police, it was just a coincidence, nothing to see here .... move along.

He doesn't have to be a card carrying member to be influenced or inspired by the hate.

*sigh*

No, here's the thing, you want to tie him to BLM, you have to....tie him to BLM. Stating that he happened to be in the same places is just coincidence, there's no evidence there. From the shooter's own writings he claims no affiliation with any actually, claims his actions and thoughts are performed by him and derived by him alone. In all of his rantings and publications, there's no reference to BLM. Instead, he was looking to take out violence and bloodshed against the government and police.

Hence, it is far more likely that he merely took advantage of the BLM hubbub and their massive protests to enact the violence he had wanted to from the beginning.

But if you have any evidence, then by all means present it.

I'm not tying him to BLM, or even trying to tie him to BLM. I'm responding to the posts where it's been proclaimed that there is NO tie to BLM. It's as irresponsible to make those claims at this point as there is to tie him to BLM in this point.

He just happened to be killing police, it was just a coincidence, nothing to see here .... move along.

He doesn't have to be a card carrying member to be influenced or inspired by the hate.

Nope he targeted police, including a black police officer, does not make him a member of anything, no matter how much you want to make it so. I agree that hate speech, no matter the source, is bad, blaming an organization for an individuals actions is neither accurate or right.

There are leaders, and there are followers, and they organize themselves to these protests, strange how that happens, isn't it? They seem to just know where and when to show up, huh?

Of course people know where to go. It's put out on social media. People who support the cause show up. People who are just casual observers show up. People who want to report on it show up. There is no list of BLM members.

Back
Top Bottom