• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black Lives Matter is Out of Proportion with Reality

There are some rather eyebrow raising assumptions in your post. Your explanation of how numbers can get skewed appears to be more conjecture than fact.

The fact is, the cycle of poverty Blacks have been subjected to is the greatest contributor to numbers seen in the data. In general, Blacks unfortuantly find themselves living in poverty at a much higher percentage than whites.

Poverty breads crime, so LEO's are much more likely to be found in force in crime riddled neighborhoods, than they would in in neighborhoods where crime is not a prevalent.

This all plays into the data, and must be accounted for, unlike what was presented in the piece from HuffPo.

Blacks have been victims, but not so much by police brutality, but by the political/activist forces who have been manipulating and bleeding them for votes for generations. That reality should be the focus for action, not this fabricated manipulation about cops being pushed to distract from the real issues.

Crime breeds poverty too. No one wants to invest in an area which is crime infested.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Crime breeds poverty too. No one wants to invest in an area which is crime infested.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Really, I thought that "crime pays." Oh except when it doesn't, when the criminals get rich and victims get poor. When the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, hey wait a minute.

:?

There are more Black people in jail, than there were slaves during slavery. Most first time offenders are non violent, young, and trying to turn a quick buck after being poor threir whole lives watching their family struggle. Because of the Drug war and its harsh sentencing guidelines, they become unhireable. They learn how to be violent in prison, and they learn to network with other criminals. A non violent first time offender, comes out after a couple years unreformed, angry, and unable to pass a background check. Faced with no prospects they tap that network.

Criminals call Prison Con College, you come out worse than when you went in. So even if you were correct in your assumption that young black men are just inherently more dangerous prison is not the answer.

Yeah, your right it is an anti police, anti prison, anti court, and anti establishment group and anti old white man movement. Koodos to you for guessing something people have been trying to tell you to your face. You think BLM just wants police to treat them nice, and they'll be happy? No the system needs to be changed. From how police are trained, to what proper procedure entails. I recognize the blindingly obvious bias inherent in our system. And i agree with their mission statement, even though I benefit from that bias. Your problem is, you benefit from this bias, and will do or say anything to keep the status quo. You have already admitted you don't care about them as people, at least USNavyRetired has the balls to be openly racist. And no matter how much you argue police targeting blacks is rare and isolated, I will argue that those charged with defending the public should have zero rare and isolated incidents. A persons life isn't a statistic or so callously dismissed because only a few innocent unarmed black people die when so many don't... And when they do, the DA, courts, and other officers shouldn't cover it up. You think the ones we hear about are the issue, the cops who get caught on camera? No, its the ones that get away with it because the system protects their own, and sheeple accept their official statements, because cops aren't normal humans they don't ever lie. And ignoring this because the group covering up isn't releasing their own crimes in their statistics is either an attempt at misdirection, or blind stupid ignorance. For every one cop caught on camera shooting an innocent person, there are fifty more using a tazer that aren't caught on camera. As well as group beatings, and "rough rides". But let me guess, you don't care about that. There's no statistics, absent human emotion, detailing how often a cop successfully covers up their own misdeed, and you can't believe the victims because they have an anti police agenda and can't be trusted because, you know, they are black.

And yeah when things come to a boil, because fools like you who bark the loudest won't enterain the idea the police, courts, and govenrment aren't the upstanding institutions you think they are, there will be violence. Because, contrary to what your narrative suggests, Black People aren't second class citizens. And are entitled to whatever treatment they feel they want or need. Acting like they are not, is whats going to cause the violence. In short, you and people like you are the problem.

You don't have any data and thus have failed to do anything here other than state your unsubstantiated opinion.

Back
Top Bottom