• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Birthers Move Over and Make Way for Thirteenthers

TennesseeRain

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I had never heard of this before today, but the thirteenthers are an amazing new addition to anti-Obama crazies, following in the footsteps of the birthers. Iowa Republicans are trying to ratify the original 13th Amendment:

The current 13th amendment bans slavery, and Iowa Republicans are not in favor of its repeal. They are, however, interested in reintroducing an amendment originally put before the states for ratification back in 1810. It outlawed any person who accepts a “title of nobility” from a foreign country from ever holding political office. The amendment was ratified by 12 states but never got the 13th state that it needed, and thus, never became law.

The idea being that, since Obama received the Nobel Peace Prize, he would be ineligible to be President of the United States if this amendment ever passed. (Ronald Reagan was knighted, but that came after the presidency. And even if he was still in office, it would probably be okay with Iowa Republicans because, you know, Ronald Reagan.) How come Democrats didn't get this creative from 2000 to 2008? We just went to Michael Moore movies all the time.

Make Way for Thirteenthers | Blogtown, PDX | Portland Mercury

I think the GOP should make this part of their national platform.

i don't think he should have got it, he's done about as much as i have for world peace, but really, who cares :shrug:

It's not like he campaigned for it, but that's hardly the point. The point is the people need to give it a rest. He's the President. They need to get over it.

I think for something to be a title of nobility, it has contain some sort of governmental authority. The Nobel prize does not grant any. :shrug:

Heck, if you count the Nobel prize as a title of nobility, than that would mean lance armstrong could not hold office since he won the tour de france and got a prize.

Wait, let me get this straight, they want to remove the president from office on the basis of a law that was never passed? :lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo

This is about as fringy as it gets, but I'm sure there are those who will claim it represents the Republicans as a whole, and no doubt the whole Tea Party movement.

This is little different from the morons who want to remove the term limit set for the President so that Obama can be in office for good.

I had never heard of this before today, but the thirteenthers are an amazing new addition to anti-Obama crazies, following in the footsteps of the birthers. Iowa Republicans are trying to ratify the original 13th Amendment:
The idea being that, since Obama received the Nobel Peace Prize, he would be ineligible to be President of the United States if this amendment ever passed. (Ronald Reagan was knighted, but that came after the presidency. And even if he was still in office, it would probably be okay with Iowa Republicans because, you know, Ronald Reagan.) How come Democrats didn't get this creative from 2000 to 2008? We just went to Michael Moore movies all the time.

1-WHo the hell hears of these things but conspiracy whackos? 2-How does a Nobel Peace Prize qualify as nobility? 3-Nice...throw in the slavery comment...because nothing makes waves like a comment about a repeal of slavery whether it has bearing or not.

This is truly becoming more and more like what Mary Berry said...just throw out a ton of ****...ANYTHING to talk about other than the dismal economy...unemployment...massive budget deficits...political actions againts the will of the people...etc...

How come Democrats didn't get this creative from 2000 to 2008? We just went to Michael Moore movies all the time.

I seem to recall that a few of the democrats were LIHOP/MIHOP conspiracy theorists. I also recall the whole stolen election conspiracy that is still is quite popular with many democrats. Who can forget the impeachment hearings held in the broom closet of the capital? And these are elected democrats, not some random people on the fringe of the party.

This is about as fringy as it gets, but I'm sure there are those who will claim it represents the Republicans as a whole, and no doubt the whole Tea Party movement.

This is little different from the morons who want to remove the term limit set for the President so that Obama can be in office for good.

I heard Bush was going to repeal term limits for presidents. And Clinton. And Reagan.

Why are we paying attention to conspiracy nuts again?

That logic is so convoluted even the crazies won't go for it. It's much easier and more straightforward to just say "Musilm born in Kenya!"

1-WHo the hell hears of these things but conspiracy whackos? 2-How does a Nobel Peace Prize qualify as nobility? 3-Nice...throw in the slavery comment...because nothing makes waves like a comment about a repeal of slavery whether it has bearing or not.

This is truly becoming more and more like what Mary Berry said...just throw out a ton of ****...ANYTHING to talk about other than the dismal economy...unemployment...massive budget deficits...political actions againts the will of the people...etc...

Dude, I quoted the blog in its entirety - and it's not my fault that a bunch of looney whacko Republicans think this is the way to get Obama out of office. Maybe they are the ones who should spend their time trying to come up with solutions to all the things you listed rather than spend their time on this foolishness.

That logic is so convoluted even the crazies won't go for it. It's much easier and more straightforward to just say "Musilm born in Kenya!"

I think the crazies will eat it up! It will give them yet another opportunity to bash him for accepting the Nobel Peace Prize.

Dude, I quoted the blog in its entirety - and it's not my fault that a bunch of looney whacko Republicans think this is the way to get Obama out of office. Maybe they are the ones who should spend their time trying to come up with solutions to all the things you listed rather than spend their time on this foolishness.

Dood...YOU posted the inane blog. Which means you had to actually GO to the inane blog. And then created the thread. Because this kind of silly ****, along with high heels, cries of racism, and some MAJOR catastrophic article about a republican candidate calling birthers 'assholes' will do nicely to keep people from talking about the economice debacle that is this administration, the lack of leadership in ANYTHING, the environmental disaster, the climbing unemployment problem, the continuation of the Bush policies on terrorism...etc...

BOTH parties should actually be trying to FIX things...you know...like cutting the deficit (how can people NOT see that that is the single greatest threat to the country???). There is a reason why I LEFT the republican party.

Dood...YOU posted the inane blog. Which means you had to actually GO to the inane blog. And then created the thread. Because this kind of silly ****, along with high heels, cries of racism, and some MAJOR catastrophic article about a republican candidate calling birthers 'assholes' will do nicely to keep people from talking about the economice debacle that is this administration, the lack of leadership in ANYTHING, the environmental disaster, the climbing unemployment problem, the continuation of the Bush policies on terrorism...etc...

BOTH parties should actually be trying to FIX things...you know...like cutting the deficit (how can people NOT see that that is the single greatest threat to the country???). There is a reason why I LEFT the republican party.

There is really no need to e-scream at me simply for pointing out the lunacy of some on the right. I realize it's embarrassing, but that's hardly my fault.

There is really no need to e-scream at me simply for pointing out the lunacy of some on the right. I realize it's embarrassing, but that's hardly my fault.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Sorry for pointing out the obvious. Next time post a disclaimer ( something like "Im a delicate flower...please do not rebut my inane posts. Thanks in advance" would work).

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Sorry for pointing out the obvious. Next time post a disclaimer ( something like "Im a delicate flower...please do not rebut my inane posts. Thanks in advance" would work).

You must be projecting. My post in no way appears to be whiney. Now, if you had said, "stop pointing and laughing at the lunatics on the right because they can't help themselves," then you would be accurate.

With that being said, I have no idea what's to rebut. I posted a thread regarding stupid Republicans in Iowa who are trying to be a little more creative in how they try to get Obama thrown out of office. That's all.

Actually, it would be nice if these people would just be honest and say, "we don't want the colored guy in the WH." I wouldn't hate them any less, but at least they would be being honest.

You must be projecting. My post in no way appears to be whiney. Now, if you had said, "stop pointing and laughing at the lunatics on the right because they can't help themselves," then you would be accurate.

With that being said, I have no idea what's to rebut. I posted a thread regarding stupid Republicans in Iowa who are trying to be a little more creative in how they try to get Obama thrown out of office. That's all.

Post 18 was a whine...and please...turn off the sirens on your Wahmbulance...you are making the dogs howl.

Those kind of **** articles are going to keep popping up...because the LAST thing liberals want to talk about is the unemployment rate, cities like Detroit that are at 40% unemployment, an additional 4 trillion to the deficit in 4 years...our national debt booming to 14 trillion with the ceiling upped to 15 trillionby the end of the year. Obama decidng that just LIKE George Bush terrorists can be held in prisons without constitutional rights...and dont worry...as long as they keep popping up and keep getting posted here I'll keep pointing out WHY and keep pointing to the REAL issues.

Post 18 was a whine...and please...turn off the sirens on your Wahmbulance...you are making the dogs howl.

Those kind of **** articles are going to keep popping up...because the LAST thing liberals want to talk about is the unemployment rate, cities like Detroit that are at 40% unemployment, an additional 4 trillion to the deficit in 4 years...our national debt booming to 14 trillion with the ceiling upped to 15 trillionby the end of the year. Obama decidng that just LIKE George Bush terrorists can be held in prisons without constitutional rights...and dont worry...as long as they keep popping up and keep getting posted here I'll keep pointing out WHY and keep pointing to the REAL issues.

Right. Now I get it. You are trying to blame liberals for pointing out the lunacy of the right. Here's a newsflash for you: If they weren't so ****ing looney, there wouldn't be any reason to point it out. Now, quit being a net nanny. If you don't like my thread, then don't post in it. Problem solved.

Now, I'm sure if I were to peruse all the threads started by those on the right, they would all meet your high standard for what constitutes political discourse, correct?

And BTW, look at the ****ing forum I posted this in.

Moderator's Warning:
Enough! Talk about the topic and stop with the bating and flaming. This will be the only warning.

Blogs are great for insanity like this.

You used to have to go find the crazy guy on the street corner to hear really crazy stupid ideas, but now they're at your fingertips with the click of a mouse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom