• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bill O'Reilly / Fox Slices and dices video of Harry Reid

Fun tip: If you have to lie about what the other guy said, you haven't won the debate.

I'm sorry who lied? O'Reilly? He wasn't even at the press conference. The 'winner' appears to be Bash, the 'loser' appears to be Reid...in the context of MY reference...talk about removing context...:lamo that was fun!

How do you feel my opinion is less reasoned that yours? because it's different? If so where is this tolerance that liberals are renowned for? I respect your opinion and have no problem if yours and mine differ...
You were serious? I thought you were joking.

HUH? You (or anyone else) has explained how 'it TOTALLY changes the context of Reid's statement' a million times before? Wanna try again, specifically (as previously requested)?

In the unedited video, it's clear that Reid was responding to the point brought up by Schumer. There's no reason to snip out Schumer except to make Reid look bad. Deny it all you want.

I don't deny for a second that Reid was being pretty condescending to Bash with the last part of the quote ... I don't particularly care for Reid. But using that video to deceptively claim that Reid is all for letting cancer kids die is painfully dishonest.

You were serious? I thought you were joking.

AH, there it is condescension...classic liberal/progressive meme.

I've had fun playing...carry on

AH, there it is condescension...classic liberal/progressive meme.

I've had fun playing...carry on

:roll:

Yeah, because conservatives are never condescending. We don't see any of them constantly refer to anyone on the left as "libbos," or accuse anyone who doesn't vote for Republicans of being a stupid, young, naive parasite.

In the unedited video, it's clear that Reid was responding to the point brought up by Schumer. There's no reason to snip out Schumer except to make Reid look bad. Deny it all you want.

Here perhaps this will help...the REAL unedited video, not the transcript.

Note at 1:09 how Reid and Schumer are speaking AT THE SAME TIME! How can Reid be referencing Schumer's comment if he hasn't even heard it yet...?

I don't deny for a second that Reid was being pretty condescending to Bash with the last part of the quote ... I don't particularly care for Reid. But using that video to deceptively claim that Reid is all for letting cancer kids die is painfully dishonest.
Reid was ticked, because as he said: "Listen, Senator Durbin explained that very well. And he did it here. He did it on the floor earlier, as did Senator Schumer and Stets (ph)." That was taken out of the deceptive Fox video. BTW, Bash admitted she was just playing devils advocate.

Tell me you saw the unedited video in #32 before initiating this waste of time...
Yes, I saw it before, it wasn't a waste of time.

EDIT: Do these words of Reid mean nothing to you, they sure do to me. "They are obsessed, I don't know what other word I can use. I don't know what other word I can use. They are obsessed with this Obamacare thing. It's working now and it will continue to work and people will love it even more than they do now by far.

So they have no right to pick and choose.

Last edited:
Opinion noted...;)

Do these words of Reid mean nothing to you, they sure do to me. "They are obsessed, I don't know what other word I can use. I don't know what other word I can use. They are obsessed with this Obamacare thing. It's working now and it will continue to work and people will love it even more than they do now by far.

"

They were cut from the deceptive Fox video.

Do these words of Reid mean nothing to you, they sure do to me. "They are obsessed, I don't know what other word I can use. I don't know what other word I can use. They are obsessed with this Obamacare thing. It's working now and it will continue to work and people will love it even more than they do now by far.

Nope, hyperbolic rhetoric...as I stated previously. (as for me it is not 'working now' thus I don't love it)

Nope, I believe the Constitution certainly gives the House power/right to 'pick and choose' funding. It also gives the Senate the power/right to disagree hence the current situation.

They were cut from the deceptive Fox video.

Yes, you have made your position quite clear on Fox's actions...thank you

Because I don't agree with TED or you and feel that Fox interpreted as I did as stated previously...but Hey, if you want to continue to hate of Fox News have at it big boy...

Hating Fox News is what Pete and Media Matters are all about, and right and wrong are absolutely irrelevant to them.

Hating Fox News is what Pete and Media Matters are all about, and right and wrong are absolutely irrelevant to them.

Yeah, I know. I expected you to jump in earlier...

Wow replace "Fox" with "MSNBC," Pete with "Grim" and "Meda Matters" with "MRC," and you get the same equation. Strange....

Remember boys and girls, don't question Fox or O'Reilly's objectivity! That's only for Conservatives to do to movies starring Kermit the Frog.

The missing part is what Reid was responding to. It was a question raised by Schumer:

"Why put one against the other?"

The whole exchange goes like this:

Come On, No. Harry Reid Doesn't Hate Kids with Cancer - Abby Ohlheiser - The Atlantic Wire

Emphasis mine.

Why would he respond to Schumer when Bash was the asker of the Question?

Why does it matter to whom he was responding? The message was that the kids could die of cancer as long as his political point is held.

It's ok. That's not "News" programming, you see. It's entertainment. So when O'Reilly's show lies to the viewers, those viewers are sure to check up on what is said for sake of being fair and balanced.

Is there a bigger tool on television than Bill o'Really?

I interpret it exactly that way, since as we see Rs willing to let all these other federal activities languish rather than perform the duties of an adult is therefor materially correct.

Hey... this is fun... and since this is the way I interpreted your comment, it must therefore be completely fine to disseminate it as your opinion. or would you lay claim I have misrepresented you. Oh the miracles you can achieve with the delete key alone.

Back
Top Bottom