• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bidens Response

What would Trump have done differently? Mean tweets? Call Putin a poopie head on Fox?

Well, he would've continued his policy commitment to siding with Russia over Ukraine (Trump campaign guts GOP’s anti-Russia stance on Ukraine) and weakening NATO, perhaps making good on his impulse to withdraw from it (Trump Discussed Pulling U.S. From NATO, Aides Say Amid New Concerns Over Russia).

We've already seen his first impulse when Russia began its invasion was exactly what one would've predicted: fawning adulation of Putin and disparagement of the United States and its allies.

We have four years of the Trump administration successfully dealing with Putin to observe. Syria obviously, but Putin kept his hands off of Ukraine from 2017 to 2020, and we had reason to expect something given Crimea in 2014.

LMAO... In other words, not shit.. Putin didn't need to block Ukraine from joining NATO while dipshit was in office, he opposed them joining and put restrictions on the weapons we sold them. Biden, on the other hand saw through Putin's bullshit..

Suck it up, buttercup... Putin's days are numbered and the GOP will have seek dark money somewhere else....

I am not a huge Biden fan haven't been for some time with good reason. However Biden cannot be too public regarding whatever strategies may be on the table regarding
Putin. That would simply be stupid. Economic sanctions are a good tool. If for no other reason economic sanctions can also impact trading partners thus might encourage
Putin to call off his invasion ..........

I like that Ukraine is receiving a variety of financial backing in their time of need.

As we should know by now war is never the answer.

I have been very much in support of Biden since he became the nominee however I am losing all respect for him over Ukraine. This soft slap response to Russia is making us look weak. Trump was a national embarrassment, now Biden is weak and scared of Putin. How the hell did we get to the point of letting clowns and cowards run our country?

With the political divides, attempts to overthrow democracy, cowardess and stupidity on the international stage, American people turning on each other, politicians having nothing close to professionalism or accountability for anything, and the US getting more information from social media than factual sources - America is an embarassment.

So, what, massive nuclear first strike?

Trump haters say that from reflex.

Those who look deeper and track the administration's accomplishments know better. History has given us Biden to show how good Trump was when you didn't pay attention to his persona.
That is not true by any standard what so ever. You could not make any actual argument for that without ignoring facts and promoting lies. Feel free to try though.

NATO is comprised of many countries (30, I think) but there certainly should be one of those leaders demonstrating notable leadership and strength (and influence regarding decisions like sanctions) within NATO. It only makes sense. Biden's weakness presents a disastrous situation. View attachment 67376805
"Biden's weakness presents a disastrous situation."

Hasn't yet ..........

We have four years of the Trump administration successfully dealing with Putin to observe. Syria obviously, but Putin kept his hands off of Ukraine from 2017 to 2020, and we had reason to expect something given Crimea in 2014.

Trump didn't "deal with" Russia. Trump kissed Putin's ass and praised him. Trump has even recently publicly praised Putin. Trump was a friend to our enemies.

What would Trump have done differently? Mean tweets? Call Putin a poopie head on Fox?
Trump would ask him for a favor, leave Ukraine. Trump's own words. I've posted it several times

In other words, Trump would do nothing, like he did nothing with Erdogan.

Just heard it reported that two oligarchs have broken from Putin and are calling for an immediate withdrawal from the Ukraine......the strategy is working!
Hope they're not in Russia!

Trump didn't "deal with" Russia. Trump kissed Putin's ass and praised him. Trump has even recently publicly praised Putin. Trump was a friend to our enemies.

Trump is not the only who kissed Putin's ass....

Sens. Richard C. Shelby (Ala.)
Steve Daines (Mont.)
John Hoeven (N.D.)
John Neely Kennedy (La.)
Jerry Moran (Kan.)
John Thune (S.D.)
Ron Johnson (Wisc.)
Rep. Kay Granger (Tex.)

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 11.55.03 AM.png

Everyone is frustrated, horrified, wanting an immediate answer. I get it. Blaming Biden is partisan crap, though. His sanctions aren't a wrist slap, and neither are the rest of the world's. The Russians are being restricted every place they turn, and they couldn't even open their stock market today. The ruble is tanking, there is a run on the banks, the Russian people are unhappy.

I have no idea how this will end, but Biden is managing things just fine.

I would like us to find ways to do more also; I made a thread about it to look for suggestions, offered a few, and got no suggestions.

What, specifically, do you want Biden to do? Use American military, with a good chance of nuclear escalation? To remove Russia from SWIFT, when our NATO partners are against that, at a time Putin is trying to sow disunity in NATO? What?

I have a few suggestions, but want to see people have options for Biden if they're going to criticize him.

A better approach seems to be to respond to other topics I've raised like the general lack of options for addressing aggression like this and the role of nuclear weapons further indicating why we should abolish them.
Classify Putin as the aggressive asshole he is and have him assassinated, by some other foreign power that we can scold later.

Back
Top Bottom