• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden's job approval falls to lowest level of his presidency amid war and inflation fears.

From a political perspective, "yikes" indeed. This is going to hang over Democrats with the mid-terms coming up later this year, and the challenge is being able to speak to issues that can't be immediately resolved because their interdependencies aren't just in this country. Whether the Fed raising the interest rate does anything to inflation remains to be seen, and that won't change overnight either.
Inflation this high will be quite the challenge and take time (as in many months or maybe even a couple years).

For now, the stock market is handling it okay, but I sure won't be surprised to see the market head down in the next month or two. If the Fed starts with some 50 basis point increases, beginning in May, I think that could create a jolt to the market.

Pocketbook issues are going to destroy the democrats in November. Then throw in all the other mismanagement issues from the Biden administration. Never have seen such a clueless/feckless group. Nine months till the democrats are removed from power.
I can't see how it won't be a very rough November for Dems.

Biden makes stupid remarks like blaming everyone but himself for his failed policies, both domestic and foreign. He deserves every one of his low approval ratings.
IKR? I can't stand presidents that make "stupid remarks."

The icing on the cake is when Biden told us we're gonna' get food shortages atop higher prices for everything.... President Biden said Thursday that a food shortage is "gonna be real".
And?

Inflation this high will be quite the challenge and take time (as in many months or maybe even a couple years).
Some of the supply chain issues may persist through the rest of this year, and is nothing either party can really do anything to resolve since some of these issues are tied to manufacturing delays in some countries. Right now China is experiencing the surge of COVID cases which could lead to impacts to factory output.

For now, the stock market is handling it okay, but I sure won't be surprised to see the market head down in the next month or two. If the Fed starts with some 50 basis point increases, beginning in May, I think that could create a jolt to the market.
The big question is whether he interest rate increases could lead to stagflation, but the Fed is very conscious of that so we can assume they'll adjust quickly if things start heading in that direction.

American voters are not that smart it seems: they blame Biden for price increases that someone else (dictator Putin) caused with a stupid war.

Meanwhile, Biden is fixing your economy and labour market at home, which another wannabe-dictator (Trump) destroyed in 2020. Or who let it get destroyed by China or Bezos, or whoever created Covid to get rid of Trump in the 2020 election.

That is laughable.

How is Biden fixing our economy ?

Trust in government is a significant consideration in the risk corporations are willing to take.

And right now, they don't trust Biden or the clownshow we call congress at all.

They should count themselves lucky if it is just rough.

Right now, it looks like a major mugging.

It's going to be a very rough November for Dems there can be no doubt about it. However the nonsense that will follow will benefit the Dems in 2024

Poor Joe. What a disgrace. Just pitiful.

The icing on the cake is when Biden told us we're gonna' get food shortages atop higher prices for everything.... President Biden said Thursday that a food shortage is "gonna be real".
So, you're against an American president telling the truth? Ukraine provides a very large percentage of wheat and grain to the rest of the world. They have said they won't be planting this year. So yes, prepare for a lower production in food stuffs (much of everything we eat has some form of grain in it). This will lead to higher prices, and it won't be Biden's fault for trying to prepare us for what's coming.

American voters are not that smart it seems: they blame Biden for price increases that someone else (dictator Putin) caused with a stupid war.

Meanwhile, Biden is fixing your economy and labour market at home, which another wannabe-dictator (Trump) destroyed in 2020. Or who let it get destroyed by China or Bezos, or whoever created Covid to get rid of Trump in the 2020 election.
Americans aren’t the sharpest pencils in the case

Pocketbook issues are going to destroy the democrats in November. Then throw in all the other mismanagement issues from the Biden administration. Never have seen such a clueless/feckless group. Nine months till the democrats are removed from power.
It's hard to believe how Dems have destroyed so much in just over a year. But lest we think it's a failure on their party, it is not.
It's a feature.

I would claim the opposite. Biden inherited a rising economy after the pandemic and injected severe inflation with his spending and oil policies.
Besides, Trump can't do anything now, only biden can. It just doesn't look like much to most people.
Biden isn't even trying.

I was just watching Meet the Press this morning and Chuck Todd discussed this new NBC poll at the beginning of his show. The 7 in 10 not having confidence in Biden's handling of the war in Ukraine is a very bad number for Biden to face right now!
Sanctions deter. No, they don't deter.
Let's check back in a few months...long haul and all that.

It's hard to believe how Dems have destroyed so much in just over a year. But lest we think it's a failure on their party, it is not.
It's a feature.
They haven’t destroy anything. The first two years of a presidents term are the effects of the policies from the last presidents term. Don’t be mad because Republicans can’t govern without destroying everything.

Biden isn't even trying.
Cutting the Russians out of the international economy is quite the gamble. China is watching and there’s a reason they haven’t come to Russia’s aid yet.

And STILL.....nobody polled ME.

President Biden is doing well IMO.
I dont pay a lot of mind to polls, doesnt really matter. Americans are doorknobs.

I was just watching Meet the Press this morning and Chuck Todd discussed this new NBC poll at the beginning of his show. The 7 in 10 not having confidence in Biden's handling of the war in Ukraine is a very bad number for Biden to face right now!

OH!!! EM!!!! GEE!!!!!

*chuckle*

Man it's like 2016 to 2020 never happened huh

They haven’t destroy anything. The first two years of a presidents term are the effects of the policies from the last presidents term. Don’t be mad because Republicans can’t govern without destroying everything.
Pitiful. Biden erased virtually everything Trump did, by fiat. That was intentional and immediate.
I do agree that Biden is about as useful as using a croissant as a dildo.

From a political perspective, "yikes" indeed. This is going to hang over Democrats with the mid-terms coming up later this year, and the challenge is being able to speak to issues that can't be immediately resolved because their interdependencies aren't just in this country. Whether the Fed raising the interest rate does anything to inflation remains to be seen, and that won't change overnight either.
The Dems will loose the House and probably gain a seat or 2 in the House.

From a campaign perspective yes, of course.

But Biden or any candidate are not calling 50% of voters stupid, I do.

And yes, I think that voters are sometimes very stupid because they get collected by campaigns based on cheap slogans, without actually reading into the matter and issues that count.

And then they elect such fools like Trump, or Hitler, or Bolsonaro …

1ED1A5CF-6271-4499-ADCC-C0ADCCF54748.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom