• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden's Griner swap. I just don't know.

Nothing about the detention of Whelan or Griner (or Trevor Reed) has been right.

Russia hasn’t been willing to negotiate for Whelan at any point during the Griner saga.

Until Putin says he’s ready/willing to negotiate for Whelan, there’s nothing our State Department can do other than to maintain back door communications with Russian government officials.

Suspect Putin would have been open to discussing a 1 for 1 exchange of Whelan for the Russian arms dealer (Bout). Long before Griner ever entered the picture.

But Whelan just never had the celebrity status and support that Britany Griner brought to the table. Couple that with the fact that Trump was the president most of that time and it would not have been politically attractive for him to be releasing a notorious Russian arms dealer.

Of course, it was not right.

We are not children.

We know why the Dem Administration agreed to return the Russian thug for only the lady athlete.

If the Dem Administration had said, "No deal unless you return both Americans," and if the Russians had rejected that ultimatum, the Dem Administration would have encountered the ire of activists supporting the lady.

So the Dem Administration -- terrified of angering those activists and their media supporters -- caved to the Russians.
Again, why didn’t Helsinki trump get Whelan released?

Suspect Putin would have been open to discussing a 1 for 1 exchange of Whelan for the Russian arms dealer (Bout). Long before Griner ever entered the picture.

But Whelan just never had the celebrity status and support that Britany Griner brought to the table. Couple that with the fact that Trump was the president most of that time and it would not have been politically attractive for him to be releasing a notorious Russian arms dealer.

….or getting the release of a gay, black athlete.

I’m surprised you don’t know the tRumPutin connection any better than that. We no longer have any Sen. Vandenberg’s in the gop.
English translation, please.

Just ask yourselves .... Would I oppose a swap if this was my daughter?
Just ask yourselves … Would I oppose a swap if it was my daughter who was killed by arms supplied by this arms dealer?

Once again, the Biden pukes fail at negotiations and get their asses handed to them.

Regarding Whelen...I don't know if we have any high value prisoner to give up to get him released.
Another uneducated post from an America hater.

Just ask yourselves … Would I oppose a swap if it was my daughter who was killed by arms supplied by this arms dealer?
What do you care? Righties love guns. The more the better right?

English translation, please.
I’m assuming you’re familiar with GOP Sen. Vandenberg.
He was instrumental in working with Truman on NATO.
He was one of the last GOPs to say it and mean it that “politics ended at our water’s edge”.
That ended during the Korean War with the gop general.

Good point. Trump made a big show of getting Americans back from other countries (Otto Warmbier from North Korea, Pastor Andrew Brunson from Turkey, and about a dozen others), but remained fairly quiet about Whelan.

You supported Iran-Contra and Bush-41’s pardon of all those felons.

I’m assuming you’re familiar with GOP Sen. Vandenberg.
He was instrumental in working with Truman on NATO.
He was one of the last GOPs to say it and mean it that “politics ended at our water’s edge”.
That ended during the Korean War with the gop general.
Figured you were being clever, but didn’t pick up on the historical reference. 👍

Unfortunately, Vandenberg’s philosophy died decades ago.

That's why the family doesn't decide.

That doesn't make the family, friends, colleague's, and supporters worldwide divorced from the matter.

I think it was easy to see this reaction coming. Joe Haters criticized Joe for not getting Brittney released asap. And now that he has gotten her released they will criticize him for how he got her released. Just accept two simple things. TrumpCons never had any intention of giving Biden credit for a positive outcome. And seeing as Brittney is a liberal lesbian sports celeb TrumpCons ultimately would not have given a shit if she ever returned to the US.

Figured you were being clever, but didn’t pick up on the historical reference. 👍

Unfortunately, Vandenberg’s philosophy died decades ago.
He had to drop out of the presidential primaries because of his working with Truman on NATO.

My Illinois has given us Dirksen, Percy, Railsback and Kinzinger as common-sense GOPs.

He had to drop out of the presidential primaries because of his working with Truman on NATO.

My Illinois has given us Dirksen, Percy, Railsback and Kinzinger as common-sense GOPs.
Man, we could sure use a lot more like them today.

Man, we could sure use a lot more like them today.
My replacement for Kinzinger is LaHood, whose Father also served in government. He’s a Peoria Reagan type guy. Could have been worse.

I am glad that Griner is on her way home. We all know that the charges were a bunch of B.S. anyway. That said, a one-for-one swap with a notorious arms dealer just doesn't seem quite right to me. The accolades that we in this country have given to sports figures has simply become ludicrous. In Griner's case, we can add LGBT notoriety to the list as well.
To bring Griner home without bringing Whelen home as well just doesn't seem right to me.
If you have not done so yet its time to start asking yourselves why the Russians are so hard nosed about giving Whelen back in a trade. Putting aside Russian Hyperbole regarding Whelan....think about it. That said the Russians might have done a 1 for 1 for Whelan.

It is horrid that Bout gets freed. Arms dealers can deal arms both ways. What...you don't think Vlad is going to put Bout right to work as soon as he gets off the plane.

My replacement for Kinzinger is LaHood, whose Father also served in government. He’s a Peoria Reagan type guy. Could have been worse.
I don’t know Darin LaHood (had to look him up) but if he’s anything like his dad, IL is lucky to have him.

What do you care? Righties love guns. The more the better right?
What an impressive post. Did you have to have help coming up with this yourself.

The fact that you have no real response says all one needs to know.

Of course, it was not right.

We are not children.

We know why the Dem Administration agreed to return the Russian thug for only the lady athlete.

If the Dem Administration had said, "No deal unless you return both Americans," and if the Russians had rejected that ultimatum, the Dem Administration would have encountered the ire of activists supporting the lady.

So the Dem Administration -- terrified of angering those activists and their media supporters -- caved to the Russians.

So your suggestion is that instead of taking what we could get, we should have thumbed our nose at not getting everything we possibly wanted?

Seeing as to how Whelan has been detained since Trump was in office, and Putin never once offered him up as part of a swap, it would appear that your stance doesn't hold water.

Guess Griner should be happy you aren't running diplomatic realtions.

He denies his trumpism but NEVER criticizes Helsinki trump.
Oh look more lies from Linc.

Be a tough call on who lies more Trump or Linc.

How about we make a deal. For every post of mine I quote criticizing trump you stay off DP for a month.
I will do the same for every post of mine you quote supporting trump.
You down.

You supported Iran-Contra and Bush-41’s pardon of all those felons.
Oh look. More lies.

But here is your chance Linc. Back you crap up. Quote me supporting any of that. That or everyone knows you lied and are full of it.

We both know you won’t and never do when called on your lies.

It’s like you and trump are twins separated at birth.

Oh look more lies from Linc.

Be a tough call on who lies more Trump or Linc.

How about we make a deal. For every post of mine I quote criticizing trump you stay off DP for a month.
I will do the same for every post of mine you quote supporting trump.
You down.
Your ‘supposed’ criticizing of trump 🤣
Now if I see you support common-sense GOPs;

and more importantly the kind of legislation Manchin and McConnell brokered;
Fwiw; I support Manchin and Sinema on the filibuster.
Oh look. More lies.
I should not be accusing you of anything,
I’ll make it a question.
Did you support Nixon’s ‘Chennault’ affair?

Did you support Reagan and Bush meddling in the Iran hostage kidnappings During the election?

Back
Top Bottom