• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden's Griner swap. I just don't know.

Showtime586

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

I am glad that Griner is on her way home. We all know that the charges were a bunch of B.S. anyway. That said, a one-for-one swap with a notorious arms dealer just doesn't seem quite right to me. The accolades that we in this country have given to sports figures has simply become ludicrous. In Griner's case, we can add LGBT notoriety to the list as well.
To bring Griner home without bringing Whelen home as well just doesn't seem right to me.

I don't see relevance to LGBT but otherwise agree.

I am glad that Griner is on her way home. We all know that the charges were a bunch of B.S. anyway. That said, a one-for-one swap with a notorious arms dealer just doesn't seem quite right to me. The accolades that we in this country have given to sports figures has simply become ludicrous. In Griner's case, we can add LGBT notoriety to the list as well.
To bring Griner home without bringing Whelen home as well just doesn't seem right to me.

The US government continues woking on prisoner swaps to bring home all Americans held in Putin's gulag system.

Memo to all Americans --- DO NOT travel to Russia!

Once again, the Biden pukes fail at negotiations and get their asses handed to them.

Regarding Whelen...I don't know if we have any high value prisoner to give up to get him released.

With any luck the notoriety of Griner's predicament will make it clear to Westerners to not travel to Russia under any circumstances.

Once again, the Biden pukes fail at negotiations and get their asses handed to them.

Regarding Whelen...I don't know if we have any high value prisoner to give up to get him released.
Bizarre. The negotiations were successful, and it was the Trump pukes who didn't bring Whelan home. Just...a bizarre post.

Meh...I'm glad for her and her family.

Lots of people still in US jails for marijuana use. Just sayin.......

Change the laws. Canada did it. If we can, why can't you?

It was apparently one or none. In that case
you take the one.

Whelen's been in prison for 5 years.
Not sure what he's alleged to have done and
whether there's any
merit to those charges.

Not sure what her sexual preferences have to do with anything?

Absolutely true, but Biden only has the power to address Federal marijuana crimes.

Freeing an prolific arms dealer is like freeing one hundred terrorists. This is bad for the whole world.
Finally a post we can agree on.

There's probably a drone with Bout's name on it.

Whelan was arrested and sent prison in Russia during the Trump administration. Why did the master negotiator get him released?

Again, IMHO, a minority member of the LGBT community has to check a couple of political boxes.

if you have evidence that this swap happened because she's black and LGBTQ please post it. Otherwise it's no more relevant than her eye color or her mother's name or if she likes dogs or cats better.

Back
Top Bottom