• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden to require all federal employees to be vaccinated

Why can it not be both?

That is the issue to decide here, which one takes precedence.

No one has the freedom to endanger the lives and health of others.

You know the old definition of freedom: your freedom to swing your arms about freely stops where someone else’s nose starts.

Or submit proof of a negative covid test weekly (at their own expense) to maintain their jobs.

I would have preferred to eliminate the weekly testing option but I'll settle for this.

Announcement coming from the White House tomorrow.

BRAVO!
Good!

I like having a grown-up in the White House

You mean the issue of a right to private medical matters? That right, that was decided long ago, right?
Where does random drug testing fit in that 'right to private medical matters'?

Biden requiring people provide their papers to work, I am shocked I say, aside from 77million voters who could have seen this coming

Why can it not be both?

That is the issue to decide here, which one takes precedence.
K.1. Under the ADA, Title VII, and other federal employment nondiscrimination laws, may an employer require all employees physically entering the workplace to be vaccinated for COVID-19? (5/28/21)

The federal EEO laws do not prevent an employer from requiring all employees physically entering the workplace to be vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of Title VII and the ADA and other EEO considerations discussed below. These principles apply if an employee gets the vaccine in the community or from the employer.

In some circumstances, Title VII and the ADA require an employer to provide reasonable accommodations for employees who, because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance, do not get vaccinated for COVID-19, unless providing an accommodation would pose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer’s business. The analysis for undue hardship depends on whether the accommodation is for a disability (including pregnancy-related conditions that constitute a disability) (see K.6) or for religion (see K.12).

As with any employment policy, employers that have a vaccine requirement may need to respond to allegations that the requirement has a disparate impact on—or disproportionately excludes—employees based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin under Title VII (or age under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (40+)). Employers should keep in mind that because some individuals or demographic groups may face greater barriers to receiving a COVID-19 vaccination than others, some employees may be more likely to be negatively impacted by a vaccination requirement.

It would also be unlawful to apply a vaccination requirement to employees in a way that treats employees differently based on disability, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age, or genetic information, unless there is a legitimate non-discriminatory reason.

It looks like its ok to do so as long as one does not discriminate on the basis of gender, religion, race, etc.

Consistent with Biden' way. He doesn't to anything forthright and in the face of red-faced, wrong-headed opposition until there is no other choice than to do the right thing. Biden should have started what he could practically as soon as his presidency started. Incl issuing proper mask to the public. That's taking charge. The wonderful thing is he does it. Let's see how much gets done.

Biden requiring people provide their papers to work, I am shocked I say, aside from 77million voters who could have seen this coming

Grown ass adults finally learning their childish tantrums can limit their employability...

Grown ass adults finally learning their childish tantrums can limit their employability...
Biden is the one throwing the tantrum

Good, it’s about time. we Are fortunate enough to have s vaccine so let’s utilize it to the max. If it hadn’t become a political football we would have achieved herd immunity by now. Instead we are back to masking as a precaution. Common sense folks!

… do you now associate, or have you ever been associated, with people who have not been vaccinated for COVID-19? Tell us their names and addresses …

Pretty much. Only the ignorant are refusing vaccinations.
Or those that medically cannot have it. Or pregnant women who don't want to risk their unborn child.

Get your shot or find another job... Pro Tip: You will be seeing more and more employers requiring this... Nobody got time for the games any longer...
No you just want to play your own games and hate when people don’t want to play with you.

I encourage people to make the choice to take the vaccine, but respect it is their choice.

Or submit proof of a negative covid test weekly (at their own expense) to maintain their jobs.

I would have preferred to eliminate the weekly testing option but I'll settle for this.

Announcement coming from the White House tomorrow.

BRAVO!
Very good decision.

This is not a personal matter. It’s about workplace safety. You might as well be advocating for the freedom to drive drunk.
Workplace safety does not rise to the level of Constitutional right.

Is there case law on this sort of thing?
All the Roe v Wade tree is potentially applicable.

LMAO.... No privacy right is being violated by requiring vaccines.. good lord
The same right as access to abortion.

LMAO... Using your theory EVERY school in the United States would be violating the rights to "private medical matters"...
Different situation. Parents have the rights and duties not the person affected.

This is your justification for stripping a Constitutional right?

Get your shot or find another job... Pro Tip: You will be seeing more and more employers requiring this... Nobody got time for the games any longer...
The decision is between the person and his/her medical professional.

Workplace safety does not rise to the level of Constitutional right.

All the Roe v Wade tree is potentially applicable.

The same right as access to abortion.

Different situation. Parents have the rights and duties not the person affected.

This is your justification for stripping a Constitutional right?

The decision is between the person and his/her medical professional.

There is NO constitutional right to set your own work requirements... good lord...

No you just want to play your own games and hate when people don’t want to play with you.

I encourage people to make the choice to take the vaccine, but respect it is their choice.
It is, most certainly, NOT "their choice." Any more than it being someone's choice to drive drunk, or volitionally endanger the wellbeing of a child by withholding medical care. It is not a personal right or freedom to be an imbecilic dumbass such that new variants are created in your petri dish of ignorance and stupidity. You get arrested and thrown in jail for that kind of wanton disregard for the health and safety of others.

Back
Top Bottom