• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden reverses cruel family separation policy and works to reunite traumatized children with their loved ones.

Amyishere

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics/biden-immigration-executive-orders/index.html

CNN)President Joe Biden signed three executive orders Tuesday that take aim at his predecessor's hardline immigration policies and try to rectify the consequences of those policies, including by establishing a task force designed to reunite families separated at the US-Mexico border.
The latest orders build upon the actions taken in Biden's first days in office and begin to provide a clearer picture of the administration's immigration priorities.

I'm not making new law, I'm eliminating bad policy," Biden said at the White House, flanked by Vice President Kamala Harris and newly confirmed Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, of the stream of executive orders he's signed as President.
"This is about how America's safer, stronger, more prosperous when we have a fair, orderly, and humane legal immigration system," Biden said.

This is my first time posting a thread, so I hope I followed proper protocol. I protested the family separation policy when it first began, and it is one of the many reasons I voted for Biden was to help undo some of the damage from it.

more from the article:

"The Biden administration is committed to remedying this awful harm the Trump administration inflicted on families," a senior administration official said, calling the policy a "moral failure" and "national shame."
Biden called the policy a "stain" on the country's reputation.
"By the grace of God and goodwill of the neighbors, we'll reunite these children and reestablish our reputation as being a haven for people in need," he said.
The Justice Department also officially rescinded the policy last week in a memo to federal prosecutors, even though it had already been ended.
Cases of separated families will be examined on an individual basis to determine next steps. "The goal of the task force is one to identify, but two to make recommendations as to how the families can be united, taking into account the menu of options that exist under immigration law," the official said.

Can Americans handle the humanity?

Which "cruel family separation policy" was "reversed"?

CNN gets it wrong again.

You're flat out wrong. And this isn't the first time you've repeated this outrageous lie in a pathetic attempt to disguise the fact Trump is a horrible human being and that the child separation policy was a humanitarian disaster of epic proportions. And this isn't the first time I've corrected you. But it doesn't seem to sink in, does it? In one ear and out the other? Or do you just not give a shit about what you are writing is true or not? Just like all Trump cultists you just don't give a flying **** if something is accurate or not. I would appreciate it if you stopped spewing pro-Trump propaganda and lies all over the place like a broken sewer main. Obama did not have a family separation policy. You should be ashamed of yourself for spreading these lies. You are wrong and you should apologize for lying to everyone on this forum. Trump had a family separation policy. Trump admin. instituted a new policy that used criminal procedures instead of civil procedures to force deportations. This resulted in families being separated.

When the administration began separating families, pro-Trump pundits argued that the administration was implementing the same policy as the Obama administration. According to PolitiFact, the assertion that Trump was implementing the same policy as Obama is "false", noting "Obama's immigration policy specifically sought to avoid breaking up families. While some children were separated from their parents under Obama, this was relatively rare and families were quickly reunited even if that meant the release of a parent from detention."[39] The Obama Administration did consider separating families, but decided against it.[49]

--

The Trump administration family separation policy is an aspect of US President Donald Trump's immigration policy. The policy was presented to the public as a "zero tolerance" approach intended to deter illegal immigration and to encourage tougher legislation.[1] It was officially adopted across the entire US–Mexico border from April 2018 until June 2018.[2] Later investigations found that the practice of family separations had begun a year prior to the public announcement.[3] Under the policy, federal authorities separated children and infants from parents or guardians with whom they had entered the US.[4][5][6] The adults were prosecuted and held in federal jails or deported, and the children were placed under the supervision of the US Department of Health and Human Services.[4] In January 2020 the SPLC reported that the official government number of children separated from their parents or guardians under the policy was 4,368.[7] Also in January, the American Civil Liberties Union reported that more than 1,100 families had been separated since June 2018, the date that the administration said they would no longer separate children from their parents.[8]

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics/biden-immigration-executive-orders/index.html

CNN)President Joe Biden signed three executive orders Tuesday that take aim at his predecessor's hardline immigration policies and try to rectify the consequences of those policies, including by establishing a task force designed to reunite families separated at the US-Mexico border.
The latest orders build upon the actions taken in Biden's first days in office and begin to provide a clearer picture of the administration's immigration priorities.

I'm not making new law, I'm eliminating bad policy," Biden said at the White House, flanked by Vice President Kamala Harris and newly confirmed Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, of the stream of executive orders he's signed as President.
"This is about how America's safer, stronger, more prosperous when we have a fair, orderly, and humane legal immigration system," Biden said.

For me, this is one of those things that makes me look at Trump supporters differently. People who support this kind of thing are evil.

I'm glad Trump was voted out, but holy cow, all these people who voted for him? They liked it. It brought joy to see the brown-skinned people speaking a funny language suffer.

I never looked at Trump supporters the same way after this.

This thread amounts so much bullshit!

For starters....the seperation policy was started several years before Trump took office.

By whom you ask??? By none other than Barrack and Joe.

And its been a good policy! ....For starters anyone in this country who breaks a law and gets caught for breaking that law while they have children with them....the children are always seperated from the adults.

Lets say you get pulled over for driving drunk and you have your kids with you.....you will get arrested and taken to jail.....your kids will not!

They will be taken to a place where kids are kept till someone can pick them up

So its no different.....the parents got got breaking the law breaking into our country uninvited) and the kids are seperated from the adults where they are frankly...safer as many times the children come into the country accompanied by adults who are not family or even related.

For starters....the seperation policy was started several years before Trump took office.

Except that you're wrong. The kids in cages thing did start in 2014 or so, but only when the child was unaccompanied and then only for 20 hours.

And its been a good policy!

If you're a monster, I guess.

When will he reunite the aborted fetuses back with their families?

And its been a good policy! ....For starters anyone in this country who breaks a law and gets caught for breaking that law while they have children with them....the children are always seperated from the adults.

Lets say you get pulled over for driving drunk and you have your kids with you.....you will get arrested and taken to jail.....your kids will not!

So its no different.....the parents got got breaking the law breaking into our country uninvited) and the kids are seperated from the adults where they are frankly...safer as many times the children come into the country accompanied by adults who are not family or even related.

We don't have to separate families for a minor crime. Unlawful entry is no different than misdemeanor trespassing. Some of these families are separated forever. It's evil, and I am so glad Trump is no longer President.

How would you feel if your family was all broken up because of a speeding ticket or something.

Some of those kids were dumped off by adults who never returned to claim them.

I suspect it's a way for the illegal immigrants to save money, not having to feed or cloth their kid.

Which "cruel family separation policy" was "reversed"?

CNN gets it wrong again.
The children that were forced to remain behind in cages while their parents were deported disagree

When will he reunite the aborted fetuses back with their families?

I suppose you could argue that the parents in this situation didn't want them back.

Will Biden bring back the Obama era dog cages?
I see you are taking things out of context. those 'cages' were temporary holding pens when the system got overwhelmed, and the max time that anybody could spend in them was 72 hours. That's opposed to the months and months were poor care was given, medical treatment was denied, and you had 10 and 12 year old kids taking care of toddlers under Trump. I will also point out that at least 7 children died under the conditions that the Trump administration provided.

Do you enjoy giving misinformation.

Shining City on a Hill Under Assault - Liberty Counsel

You're flat out wrong. And this isn't the first time you've repeated this outrageous lie in a pathetic attempt to disguise the fact Trump is a horrible human being and that the child separation policy was a humanitarian disaster of epic proportions. And this isn't the first time I've corrected you. But it doesn't seem to sink in, does it? In one ear and out the other? Or do you just not give a shit about what you are writing is true or not? Just like all Trump cultists you just don't give a flying **** if something is accurate or not. I would appreciate it if you stopped spewing pro-Trump propaganda and lies all over the place like a broken sewer main. Obama did not have a family separation policy. You should be ashamed of yourself for spreading these lies. You are wrong and you should apologize for lying to everyone on this forum. Trump had a family separation policy. Trump admin. instituted a new policy that used criminal procedures instead of civil procedures to force deportations. This resulted in families being separated.

When the administration began separating families, pro-Trump pundits argued that the administration was implementing the same policy as the Obama administration. According to PolitiFact, the assertion that Trump was implementing the same policy as Obama is "false", noting "Obama's immigration policy specifically sought to avoid breaking up families. While some children were separated from their parents under Obama, this was relatively rare and families were quickly reunited even if that meant the release of a parent from detention."[39] The Obama Administration did consider separating families, but decided against it.[49]

--

The Trump administration family separation policy is an aspect of US President Donald Trump's immigration policy. The policy was presented to the public as a "zero tolerance" approach intended to deter illegal immigration and to encourage tougher legislation.[1] It was officially adopted across the entire US–Mexico border from April 2018 until June 2018.[2] Later investigations found that the practice of family separations had begun a year prior to the public announcement.[3] Under the policy, federal authorities separated children and infants from parents or guardians with whom they had entered the US.[4][5][6] The adults were prosecuted and held in federal jails or deported, and the children were placed under the supervision of the US Department of Health and Human Services.[4] In January 2020 the SPLC reported that the official government number of children separated from their parents or guardians under the policy was 4,368.[7] Also in January, the American Civil Liberties Union reported that more than 1,100 families had been separated since June 2018, the date that the administration said they would no longer separate children from their parents.[8]
Did you even read your own link? Obviously not. Trump ended that policy in 2018.

Please try to keep current with the news. I'm tired of having to explain things to you.

Yes, it was started by Joe and Barry and it wasn't separating children from their parents as much as separating them from the 'coyotes' who were smuggling them. These children were often being rented out, sexually abused and otherwise neglected. Does anyone really believe that the men and women working at the border are really that inhumane?

This issue has been used politically to exploit the feelings of the naïve, gullible and rather weak minded. No government employee would seriously want to lock children up in cages or separate them from their legitimate parents and all anyone need do is ask those working at the border what they are doing and the problems they're facing. You seem to be one of the few who understands the history and the facts of the situation. https://www.cbp.gov/frontline/border-crisis-cbp-fights-child-exploitation

The children that were forced to remain behind in cages while their parents were deported disagree
No they don't. They're smarter than the average CNN "news" consumer.

Now, I know you are purposely giving misinformation. An ethical person would be ashamed of their self
Like I said before, CNN "news" consumer, show us the "cruel family separation policy" that Biden's EO "reversed." Hopefully you can do better than our German friend who dug up something that hasn't been a policy for years, and pasted it it here without reading it.

Translation: Biden will release illegal immigrants into the U.S. as that is the only way to keep them together due to a court ruling that made it illegal to have kids be detained with adults, even if they are family. A lawsuit that was pushed by liberals in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom