• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden needs better DP lawyers

Roger Duke

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
You liberal amateur lawyers here on DP are terrible. Remind me to never hire you if I get arrested for robbing a bank. I can hear you now "Yes, your honor, my client did something wrong but it's okay because somebody else robbed that same bank less than a year ago."
Every thread here on DP that criticizes Biden is responded to with examples of everything that Trump did wrong. Liberals seem so angry and obsessed with him that they just don't think straight and that hurts their debate skills.
There are some legitimate reasons to be critical, since every administration inherits some bad from the past (like the debt). But most of these lame defenses have nothing to do with inherited problems. Even if they did, that doesn't mean that it is okay for Biden to ignore the debt because Trump did.
Just listen to what you are saying. I understand that both sides use thus silly strategy but Trump isn't president anymore. You voted for Biden. You need to defend him. If you expected better from Joe, why are you lowering him to what you perceive to be Trump's standards?
By all means, defend Joe....
But not with this third grade strategy: "But mom, Donnie stole a cookie too"
Stop this silliness.
(This is the part where a third grader would say " But you're silly too")

Last edited:
This happens because many people, myself included voted against Trump, not for Biden. If Biden was a candidate I strongly supported in the primaries I might agree with you.

As it is, many people's "support" for Biden is defined by his relative performance compared to Trump. So it isn't surprising that people speculate how Trump would have done when discussing something Biden did poorly.

You liberal amateur lawyers here on DP are terrible. Remind me to never hire you if I get arrested for robbing a bank. I can hear you now "Yes, your honor, my client did something wrong but it's okay because somebody else robbed that same bank less than a year ago."
Every thread here on DP that criticizes Biden is responded to with examples of everything that Trump did wrong. Liberals seem so angry and obsessed with him that they just don't think straight and that hurts their debate skills.
There are some legitimate reasons to be critical, since every administration inherits some bad from the past, like the debt. But most of these lame defenses have nothing to do with inherited problems.
Just listen to what you are saying. I understand that both sides use thus silly strategy but Trump isn't president anymore. You voted for Biden. You need to defend him. If you expected better from Joe, why are you lowering him to what you perceive to be Trump's standards?
But not with this third grade strategy: "But mom, he stole a cookie too"
Stop this silliness.

Funny coming from someone who still brings up Obama.

In 8 years, Barack Obama did nothing about it. I guess it was the racist half-white part of him we should blame.

Why are you so obsessed with Barack Obama?

There are some legitimate reasons to be critical, since every administration inherits some bad from the past (like the debt). But most of these lame defenses have nothing to do with inherited problems. Even if they did, that doesn't mean that it is okay for Biden to ignore the debt because Trump did.
Stop this silliness.
I think you somehow got an anonymous message board confused with the American Bar Association.

This happens because many people, myself included voted against Trump, not for Biden. If Biden was a candidate I strongly supported in the primaries I might agree with you.

As it is, many people's "support" for Biden is defined by his relative performance compared to Trump. So it isn't surprising that people speculate how Trump would have done when discussing something Biden did poorly.
Biden wasn't on anyone's list until it began looking like Bernie would win the D nom. Then, suddenly half the party voters jumped over to Biden in a heartbeat.

After the COVID debacle, Trump would have lost to a chimp.

Stop this silliness.
Questions:
  • 1. Was that you and your people who responded to criticism about Trump's adultery......and his sexual predation......and even his potential child molestation.....by asking "What about Bill Clinton?"
  • 2. Was that you and your people who complained about Deficits and the National Debt during the Obama years....and then remained silent as Trump created record deficits and added about $8 TRILLION to the debt (in just 4 years!)?
Yes, I do believe I'm correct. That was YOUR people, remember?

But at least you have one thing right: Your OP is based upon "third grade" logic.

That's reasonable. It explains why people do it.
At least I understand it better now but my enlightenment doesn't change the fact that it is a terrible defense strategy of Biden.

Stop this silliness.

Is there something in particular that caused this meltdown, or are you just crying again?

Biden wasn't on anyone's list until it began looking like Bernie would win the D nom. Then, suddenly half the party voters jumped over to Biden in a heartbeat.

Can you imagine the whining had Bernie been elected? DP would have melted down....

I say good things about Obama and you criticize me?
Didn't you like him?

The point is you still bring him up even though he's not President then turn around and bitch because other people bring up former Presidents. You've been here only four months yet have already brought up Obama, good or bad, more than a few times.

This is an American based political forum so you are going to be hearing a lot about the last President, just as you bring up Obama over 4 years later.

That's reasonable. It explains why people do it.
At least I understand it better now but my enlightenment doesn't change the fact that it is a terrible defense strategy of Biden.
It's not a good defense of any action he takes. It IS a good defense for voting for him, if you believe him to be the lesser of two evils.

I'll criticize the Biden administration until I can carpel tunnel from typing. But given currently available information I'd defend my vote for him just as long.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Stop this silliness.
Nobody gives a shit what right wingers have to say. All you do is project, and you have no credibility. Man, this post is so pathetic. LIke everything right wing, void of any intelligence at all

Keep projecting

Questions:
  • 1. Was that you and your people who responded to criticism about Trump's adultery......and his sexual predation......and even his potential child molestation.....by asking "What about Bill Clinton?"
  • 2. Was that you and your people who complained about Deficits and the National Debt during the Obama years....and then remained silent as Trump created record deficits and added about $8 TRILLION to the debt (in just 4 years!)?
Yes, I do believe I'm correct. That was YOUR people, remember?

But at least you have one thing right: Your OP is based upon "third grade" logic.

Yup, you provided another example of projection of the OP and pretty much every unoriginal right winger. Every single thing they post is projection.

Anyway, I love these thread when people put forth such really lame trolling efforts and get destroyed. I often wonder, how much of a steaming pile of loser does one have to be to get off on trolling the internet?

If you have enough wealth to hire a lawyer, why would you rob a bank?

If you have to rob a bank, is it not more likely that you'd be stuck with a court appointed lawyer rather than having the financial wherewithal and sharp intellect to seek paid representation on DebatePolitics.com?

Yep, Biden may be wrong and inept, but Trump would have been more wrong and inept. ;)

Stop this silliness.

It's all in how you're measuring things.

Biden was the 2nd worst candidate in 2020, and I still feel I owe him a debt of gratitude for not secretly being Trump the whole time.

aint much in the way of Biden successes -so typical deflection is "but Trump"
Biden is doing fine, under the circumstances. He's going to spend much of this four year term attempting to repair or undo Trump's vandalism of the government, the truth, the rule of law, trust in the non-partisan localized election oversight, the USPS, DOD morale.... Trump pardoned war criminals and fired the Pentagon's front office and installed political stooges after the election, shafted our Kurdish allies in the fight against ISIS, and freed the co-founder of the taliban so he would have someone to conduct a sham peace negotiation with, and then ordered the Afghan government to release 5,000 taliban fighters.

Biden didn't vote to send senators Sinema and Manchin to Washington, but he has to put up with them being bought off by the wealthiest RWE political donors instructing the two of them to block all tax increases on the wealthiest one percent and keeping the IRS from a funding increase required to hire the 15,000 revenue agents lost due to 8 years of G.O.P. sabotage of that agency justified by a lie about IRS mistreatment of RWE "non-profits".

All Biden needs to do is continue to demonstrate the patience of a saint required during a time in which 70 percent of the G.O.P. embrace a lie having the consequence of being the greatest threat to domestic and national security in memory, constantly repeated by a crazed loser who has culted that former major political party.

If you pray, keep Biden in your prayers.

He did. A senile one at that.

Stop this silliness.
Four the next 3.5 years Biden will always be compared to the alternative, which is Trump, because those were the choices in 2020. When you criticize Biden, the implication you’re making is that the alternative (trump) was better, and obviously Biden is always going to win out in that contest. . If the Republican candidate in 2024 isn’t Trump, then that is who Biden will be compared to.

Four the next 3.5 years Biden will always be compared to the alternative, which is Trump, because those were the choices in 2020. When you criticize Biden, the implication you’re making is that the alternative (trump) was better, and obviously Biden is always going to win out in that contest. . If the Republican candidate in 2024 isn’t Trump, then that is who Biden will be compared to.
LOL That presumes Biden lasts to 2024. My money is on him not making it through next year.

LOL That presumes Biden lasts to 2024. My money is on him not making it through next year.
Then that means we can look forward to at least 3.5 years of conservative meltdown threads like this one.

Whatever keeps you out of trouble, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom