• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden has made his pick. Last minute predictions please.

I don't think so. She's just not very likable.

Susan Rice doesn't have the politician spark but she radiates dependability and competence like Angela Merkle. I could easily see Susan Rice getting elected in 2024 simply because the country trusts her. And she is more likable than Harris.

This is a disaster of a choice imo.

Rice for SOS maybe?

Well it fits right in with 2020 then.

I guess they are hoping that moderates and leftists do not stay home this time. You would think there was no way they could, but who knows at this point.

Susan Rice doesn't have the politician spark but she radiates dependability and competence like Angela Merkle. I could easily see Susan Rice getting elected in 2024 simply because the country trusts her. And she is more likable than Harris.

Did you think Pence was it is likeable? Eww

She has law enforcement background as a prosecutor and proved she can dish it out and still act what we used to call "ladylike" in another era.

Yeup, just what the righties fear most a Strong, Tough, Black Woman. I live it.:mrgreen: to

Republicans and Trump would have made a big stink out of Benghazi this election, as well as the fact that her son is a staunch Trump supporter.

Harris isn't my favorite, but I understand why he chose her over Rice.

I think Rice would have added competence to the ticket. Harris adds nothing. I think overall, the pick hurts him. Harris was so disliked by democrats during the primary that she was the first to drop out of the race.

Harris is it. Personally I think it's a big mistake...

I think Rice would have added competence to the ticket. Harris adds nothing. I think overall, the pick hurts him. Harris was so disliked by democrats during the primary that she was the first to drop out of the race.

And yet, from what I'm hearing, we all seem to be pretty happy about it.

I don't get it. Why? Rice has insane educational creds and was ambassador to the U.N. and NSA advisor.

And Harris has ex-prosecutor baggage.

Looks like he picked Harris.
Harris is battle-tested on the national campaign trail.

"the first rule of governance, is one must attain a position to govern"

I suspect that's it.

I bet with any pick he made you would say the same. The reality is that it hardly matters, this election is about Trump and covid 19.

Oh, my gosh. She has just made history as the personification of the Peter Principle. I posted several weeks ago that it was 90% likely to be Harris, and how I opposed that. I'm quite disappointed.

The only silver lining is that I can hope for a better Senator.

I bet with any pick he made you would say the same. The reality is that it hardly matters, this election is about Trump and covid 19.

They think this is a popularity contest, the right better hope not, trump and Pence are as disliked a pair as there is.

Harris will do just fine, she will ruffle some feathers and I am good with that. Biden needed a strong personality to go with his easy going persona she will definitely add that.
FYI folks, President's don't lose or win by their VP pick, but this one helps.

Oh, my gosh. She has just made history as the personification of the Peter Principle. I posted several weeks ago that it was 90% likely to be Harris, and how I opposed that. I'm quite disappointed.

The only silver lining is that I can hope for a better Senator.

Don't like the pick. Biden has been able to avoid taking Trump's bait. Harris maybe not so much. Her success in debate and interviewing nominees on the Hill are all in very prepared set pieces. Not sure I have seen her do all that well on her feet and on the fly.

Also, she is just too giggly and transparently phony in that regard. You come out for your campaign stops smiling and waving, not giggling. What are you giggling at Kamila? Does the audience look funny to you? Is there a clown in the front row? The primary benefit a VP can bring to Biden relates to the fact that Biden will be a 1 term President AT BEST because of his age. Harris is not quite ready for prime time as the Chief Executive.

Plus Kamila came out of her nomination campaign looking like she had no conviction about anything. She bounced all over the place like a pinball one day to the next.

Maybe the staff Biden has set up for her can tame her. If not, I don't see how Kamila helps Biden as much as Rice would have.

Last edited:
And Obama for SCOTUS ... :mrgreen:

We laugh, but it really would be a First. Just doubt Obama wants to work that hard, the SC is not easy work, but who knows he might like the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom