• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden has made his pick. Last minute predictions please.

And Obama for SCOTUS ... :mrgreen:

LOL the President with the most 9-0 decisions against him. That would be fun to watch.

I hope Biden does a lot of re-appointing people trump fired. The thing with Comey, is how he probably cost Hillary the election with his violating department policy to please the Republicans by making a statement harmful to Hillary, that turned out to be based on nothing. That doesn't wear well for the Democratic Party, even though he's otherwise a good Director.

On the other hand, while I would be happy to see him returned, there might be other good candidates who would be even better selections, I don't know.

Not a fan of Holder. Always seemed a little dodgy, even he was good in some areas. He never prosecuted Bush or Wall Street crimes from before Obama, which they both get blame for. His main qualification seems 'friends with Obama'. I'd like someone better.

But there are US Attorneys, Inspector Generals, vindmans, diplomats, CIA agents, and others I'd like to see all returned. And 23 Post Office officials.
Biden will have to do a huge amount of re-appointing. Trump has filled the government with cronies, luckily many who are only acting.

I'd like to see a place for Comey too, though I doubt A.G. would be it. Ditto, for many of the others you mentioned (return).

Personally, I'd like to see a place for Preet Bharara. He might be a good A.G. choice. God knows there's going to be a lot of action at SDNY.

No. It is juries who convict people (or not) and judges who send them to prison (or not).

OK sure, they magically appear before the judge and jury.

LOL I don't think the people advocating looting Macys are disposed to a candidate that put thousands of black kids in jail for pot.
I think she can present herself as an inside change agent, and do well. And maybe some of those looters should fear law enforcement. They're acting criminally, after all.

Biden will have to do a huge amount of re-appointing. Trump has filled the government with cronies, luckily many who are only acting.

I'd like to see a place for Comey too, though I doubt A.G. would be it. Ditto, for many of the others you mentioned (return).

Personally, I'd like to see a place for Preet Bharara. He might be a good A.G. choice. God knows there's going to be a lot of action at SDNY.

I think the AG will have two qualities: some political loyalty to Biden - that's just how it is now, and he saw the benefit with Holder and Obama - and an interest in doing something about the black justice issue. I'm quite concerned that Biden will do like Obama and ignore all the crimes of the previous administration, despite saying he won't.

Oh I'm sure. But I would love to watch Hannity and Carlson if her name was put out there.

50/50 chance that one of them would so work themselves up into such a frenzy that it would endanger their health.

I bet with any pick he made you would say the same.

Well, you would be wrong about that but what else is new.

The reality is that it hardly matters, this election is about Trump and covid 19.
The election will be mostly about Trump, and having an unacceptable alternative helps him.

I think she can present herself as an inside change agent, and do well. And maybe some of those looters should fear law enforcement. They're acting criminally, after all.

That's the second time you've said that. Change who? Biden's racist tendencies? Her own? The attacks are from the left, your party's base that she supported perpetuated and expanded the racism in the criminal justice system These aren't right wingers making racist attacks.

Kamala Harris's Criminal Justice Record Killed Her Presidential Run - The Appeal

The one asset Harris has it that she stunts the one bullet left in Trump's gun as frigged up and laughable misplaced and misguided as it is....His Law and Order Crap.

The one asset Harris has it that she stunts the one bullet left in Trump's gun as frigged up and laughable misplaced and misguided as it is....His Law and Order Crap.

Except many on the left aren't interested in law and order.

That's the second time you've said that. Change who? Biden's racist tendencies? Her own? The attacks are from the left, your party's base that she supported perpetuated and expanded the racism in the criminal justice system These aren't right wingers making racist attacks.

Kamala Harris's Criminal Justice Record Killed Her Presidential Run - The Appeal

Good luck to Racist DonDon trying to paint himself as more appealing for Black Americans than Harris. I know he is trying. But he is tossing spitballs...his usual take more credit than he deserves nonsense.

Biden has the Left. Where are they going to go.....Trump????...stay home and not vote???? That is not happening either. As long as the game is get Trump out of office, Biden already has the Left. Getting Trump out is the singular most compelling voting incentive for a big part of the Electorate and it certainly is for the Left. Blunting Trump's Law and Order BS will draw more Independent voters to Biden/Harris.

Did the DEMs choose Bernie? Did I miss something?

That said, I still don't like the pick. I can rationalize it. But I don't like it.

I think the AG will have two qualities: some political loyalty to Biden - that's just how it is now, and he saw the benefit with Holder and Obama - and an interest in doing something about the black justice issue. I'm quite concerned that Biden will do like Obama and ignore all the crimes of the previous administration, despite saying he won't.
Interesting.

1] Yeah, while we harp on Barr (rightfully so!), Holder did have Obama's back. Like you said, that's just the way it is now.

2] Yes, the new A.G. will likely be tasked with addressing black justice.

3] I think if Biden forgives the Trump administration at the national level (possible), he can still leave SDNY the freedom to do as required in its (Trump) jurisdiction. I'd hope, anyway.

Now what becomes interesting in terms of law enforcement, is what is to be done with the Rohrbacher-Putin GOP crowd?

Good luck to Racist DonDon trying to paint himself as more appealing for Black Americans than Harris. I know he is trying. But he is tossing spitballs...his usual take more credit than he deserves nonsense.

The President just needs to get 2-3% more of the black vote and Biden is toast. Have you thought why it was imperative that Biden pick a black for VP? It doesn't concern you that he had to pick a black for VP to try and secure the black vote?

Trump is NOT running against "many on the left" who the GOP wants to falsely paint using that false brush.

The President just needs to get 2-3% more of the black vote and Biden is toast. Have you thought why it was imperative that Biden pick a black for VP? It doesn't concern you that he had to pick a black for VP to try and secure the black vote?

2-3% more of the black vote going Trump's way is not going to turn this election. Claiming Biden "toast" under those circumstances is absurd even if Trump could pull it off.

Breaking glass and pulling the Kanye West lever tells you how desperate Trump is at this point. Frankly Kanye is more likely to pull dumbassed White Americans than Black Americans who really value their vote too much to throw it away on idiot Kanye.

What would be a first? We've had black Americans and a former president on the Supreme Court. First bi-racial Justice?

I did not know a former President sat on the supreme court, forgot about Taft, Ok first President of Color to serve as both the President and SC Justice. Hmmmmm, starting to like the sound of that more and morem Supreme Court Justice Obama, yes feels right.....

Back
Top Bottom