• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden administration resumes oil and gas leases on federal lands as gasoline prices soar

I agree with most of what you said but the oil companies had not only the land they leased years ago ( leases run for 10 years and are almost automatically renewed if they are producing oil if not then they go back up for bid when the lease runs out ) and Trump leased something like 26 MILLION acres just before he left office and they could not have used all of that in one year
as I said before the Oil industry spokesmen said they had more then enough federal lands to drill on to last YEARS
more years then Biden would be in office even if he was re-elected ,
so what is the big deal about?
and as I asked is all the oil we have in this country on Federal land ?
there are Millions and Millions of acres of land that has oil on it in TX and OK and only 1.8% of their total land in those states is Federal land so why the big out cry about suspending leasing Federal land for 6 months?
Have a nice day

And I answered.

And I answered.
and I agreed with you
MY point was/ is that the oil companies have more Federal land already under lease that they even say they could not drill on it all before Biden was out of office even if he was re-elected.
Trump had leased over 26million acres of federal lands right before he left office and those leases run for ten years.
and besides as I asked isn't there any oil on any other lands besides Federal land?
TX and OK two of the biggest oil producing states only have one point eight percent of their total state land being federal land. so couldn't the oil companies drill on all that land and get oil?
and the Courts stepped in and told Biden that he had to open federal land for leasing and he opened up over 80 million acres in the gulf for drilling and granted permits for drilling back something like last June
it does look like it took some time to get things going but Federal lands have been open for several months
Have a nice day

and I agreed with you
MY point was/ is that the oil companies have more Federal land already under lease that they even say they could not drill on it all before Biden was out of office even if he was re-elected.
Trump had leased over 26million acres of federal lands right before he left office and those leases run for ten years.
and besides as I asked isn't there any oil on any other lands besides Federal land?
TX and OK two of the biggest oil producing states only have one point eight percent of their total state land being federal land. so couldn't the oil companies drill on all that land and get oil?
and the Courts stepped in and told Biden that he had to open federal land for leasing and he opened up over 80 million acres in the gulf for drilling and granted permits for drilling back something like last June
it does look like it took some time to get things going but Federal lands have been open for several months
Have a nice day

Why does it matter if the oil is on federal or other? Why does the federal govt control 640 million acres of states land?

Why does it matter if the oil is on federal or other? Why does the federal govt control 640 million acres of states land?
I see the point went way over your head
Every body on the right is so up in arms about Biden suspending leasing Federal lands for 6 months as if there wasn't any oil OFF federal lands and if the oil companies can't lease that federal land we won't have any oil.
and as I said the oil companies even said they had MORE Federal lands ALREADY under lease that they couldn't drill it all
even if Biden was re-elected
remember Trump had just leased something like 26 million acres of federal land right before he left office,
and again as I said the two biggest oil producing states have only 1.8% of their total land being Federal lands
so what is stopping them from drilling on those private lands?
Have a nice day

and one more thing I guess you never heard of Federal parks , Nature preserves and wild life preserves
have a nice day

I see the point went way over your head
Every body on the right is so up in arms about Biden suspending leasing Federal lands for 6 months as if there wasn't any oil OFF federal lands and if the oil companies can't lease that federal land we won't have any oil.
and as I said the oil companies even said they had MORE Federal lands ALREADY under lease that they couldn't drill it all
even if Biden was re-elected
remember Trump had just leased something like 26 million acres of federal land right before he left office,
and again as I said the two biggest oil producing states have only 1.8% of their total land being Federal lands
so what is stopping them from drilling on those private lands?
Have a nice day

And I answered. We're just going in circles.

And I answered. We're just going in circles.
So you admit there IS oil off federal lands and oil Companies and people on the right just had to blow this all out of proportion.
They even said they had more then enough land to drill on and they even said they couldn't drill on it all
so it was just some BS thing to try and make Biden look bad
Thanks
have a nice day

So you admit there IS oil off federal lands and oil Companies and people on the right just had to blow this all out of proportion.
They even said they had more then enough land to drill on and they even said they couldn't drill on it all
so it was just some BS thing to try and make Biden look bad
Thanks
have a nice day

No.

NO??
OMG what are we going to do there is NO oil off Federal land.
at least that is what you just said
so OK we MUST have Federal lands to get oil
I thought for sure Texas and OK had oil on the 98.2% of the land in those states that isn't Federal land
I must have been wrong according to you.

Have a nice day

Germany tried that and ended up Putin's hostage.

Evidently you don’t know much about the world.

Germany, and much of Western Europe has been increasingly reliant on gas from Russia since the days of Leonid Brezhnev.

I have no idea where you got the silly notion that this situation occurred recently, or was in any way related to the push for green energy.

It is not. Not in any way.’

Because the resources on Federal land belong to the public.

Evidently you don’t know much about the world.

Germany, and much of Western Europe has been increasingly reliant on gas from Russia since the days of Leonid Brezhnev.

I have no idea where you got the silly notion that this situation occurred recently, or was in any way related to the push for green energy.

It is not. Not in any way.’
And Trump warned them to lessen dependence on Russia. They instead increased it.

Co2 emissions are a greenhouse gas that linger in the atmosphere and reflect radiant energy from the sun, increasing the energy (and thus temperatures) in the global thermal system.
Does water vapor also do this?

This causes a host of problems that range from sea level rise
Show me where sea levels have risen (not places where coastal land has been sinking).

I asked someone who has been sailing boats up and down the Potomac River for decades if he has noticed any rise in the water level, and he said he has not seen any rise at all.

d731ziqojvw61.jpg

to altered weather and moisture patterns across the globe.
How exactly is an altered weather and moisture pattern a problem, and how are unaltered weather and moisture patterns not a problem? This sounds similar to implying that the climate never changed until humans started producing CO2, which is absurd.

Increased crop yields are a positive, but only for a small subset of the population.
This doesn't sound like it makes any sense. Who is this subset and why wouldn't it be a positive for the rest of the population?

Back
Top Bottom