• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden administration endorses transgender youth sex-change operations, 'top surgery,' hormone therapy

This all comes back to what the child wants.
Most parents would not even consider this unless Billy or Sally, said they were not in the right body.
I just think decisions like these can wait until the child is an adult and capable of making their own decisions.

In fact, it is significantly better to not wait for a better outcome.
Think of cancer, the longer you wait the harder to get a favorable outcome. Its the same with trans.

Its just a horrible decision to have to make. I really feel for the afflicted and the parents.

Think of cancer, the longer you wait the harder to get a favorable outcome. Its the same with trans.

Its just a horrible decision to have to make. I really feel for the afflicted and the parents.
As much as 85% of these kids detransition.

It's horrible to physically disfigure them over this

I am not sure that could be demonstrated that there is a benefit to not waiting.
the whole filed is subjective opinions.

Why post such outlandish lies? I will never understand why people do such disruptive and, frankly, immoral and unethical things.
I accept your concession

As much as 85% of these kids detransition.

It's horrible to physically disfigure them over this

Did you read your own link? It lists studies that all found very low rates of detransitioning and often if they did it was only temporarily. Also those who got hormone treatment and surgeries had the lowest rates. The reasons cited usually relate to societal pressure, implying if that pressure want there they may not have detransitioned.

Did you read your own link? It lists studies that all found very low rates of detransitioning and often if they did it was only temporarily. Also those who got hormone treatment and surgeries had the lowest rates. The reasons cited usually relate to societal pressure.
Admittedly this area needs more study

Yet detransition exists. So that means at least some kids will be permanently disfigured

Yet detransition exists. So that means at least some kids will be permanently disfigured
Kids are not the ones going these disfiguring procedures. These treatments are successful for the overwhelming majority of those who opt for them, why should we take that away from them? All medical procedures and treatments have risks to them, doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. It is about consulting with doctors to make the right decisions.

These treatments are successful for the overwhelming majority of those who opt for them, why should we take that away from them? Also by the time they are making decisions about procedures that would do that they are adults and perfectly capable of making their own medical decisions. All medical procedures and treatments have risks to them, doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. It is about consulting with doctors to make the right decisions.
So most kids wont be disfigured.

Wow. You put a 13 year old on HRT and he is deformed for life because he did not go thru puberty

So most kids wont be disfigured.

Wow. You put a 13 year old on HRT and he is deformed for life because he did not go thru puberty
That is not how that works at all. Also you don't just go on HRT there are a lot of steps before that and as your link pointed out most detransitioning happens in those early stages. Anti-depressants don't work 100% of the time. Heart surgeries don't work 100% either. Should we ban those?

Yes, like the Kardashians, some folks disfigure themselves through their chosen cosmetic surgery.

That is not how that works at all. Also you don't just go on HRT there are a lot of steps before that and as your link pointed out most detransitioning happens in those early stages. Anti-depressants don't work 100% of the time. Heart surgeries don't work 100% either. Should we ban those?
But none of this procedures permanently disfigure a child

A child

His posts are not serious, his posts are designed to interfere with serious debate.. just an FYI.

Paul Hruz of the Washington University Medical School and Lawrence Mayer and Paul McHugh of Johns Hopkins Medical School looked at the recent use of hormones to treat children who feel that they should be members of the opposite sex and concluded that this experimental treatment, which is becoming commonplace in medicine, could have serious long-term effects on children.

No joke, most folks have no clue what a logical fallacy even is.
So far I really like it here. Much better than the place I came from. I do want to say thanks to everyone (except for a couple of people) being so welcoming and chatting with me. Seems admins know how it's done here.

Yeah, let's let the government decide who gets to keep their penis.
What is the problem? The Biden Administration is simply going along with the recommendations of our medical and psychological societies. No where is he letting the government decide on your health-care decisions.

I'm not a Catholic, they have lots of problems I agree. But Biden claims to follow their theology, and if there is anything that is more against Biblical standards it is believing that sex and gender are subjective and not objective.
I am a practicing Roman Catholic and took bible studies as a youth. Please inform where the bible says anything about transgender men?

I think elective life altering surgery for minors must be carefully considered.
Consider if a 10 year old boy or girl, came to their Parents and asked that they be sterilized?

I think kids are too young to make these kinds of permanent decisions. Unless the life of the kid is at stake, these types of operations should not happen until after they are 18 and consent to it as an adult.

The article you cited literally uses the word "RECOMMEND"

Nowhere is the word "DECIDE" or "MANDATE" or "COERCE" used. The government isn't deciding jack shit and you're arguing from a position of bad faith, as always.

Meanwhile, letting bigots in government dictate what educators should or shouldn't say about LGBTQ folks is one hundred percent OK with you and your ilk, the hypocrisy couldn't be more transparent.

Speaking of bigots. How ironic is this? You're complaining to American about bigots in government when it feels like just yesterday you were upset with him for being "mad" while you ran around spewing racism on this forum. Your schtick is getting old. Nobody is buying it anymore. You can't hide behind a self-inflated belief of false morality. You don't have a problem with bigotry so stop pretending already. What you have is a problem with conservatives/Republicans and rather than focusing your attacks on their positions you choose to project your own behavior onto them. It sucks finding out the thing we hate most is the person staring back in the mirror. Snag_75184d9.png

Last edited:
I usually say people can do what they want-as long as I don't have to pay for it.
But what if it's in your interest to pay for it?

Back
Top Bottom