• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden administration endorses transgender youth sex-change operations, 'top surgery,' hormone therapy

The feds can endorse and some states can outlaw it. Those are the facts

But only better if they understand the full implications of their choice, the child cannot!

The child does not make the decision.
What is your point in this post? Whats with the" ! ".

So some medical choices are okay to be taken out of parent’s hands and others aren’t?
You didn't address what I wrote, instead you just made a silly non-sequitur.

Be better.

Current protections say 18 and older. Do you think an 18 year old is a child who cannot make decisions for themselves?

Lol if everyone refused to respond to a logical fallacy the site would have hardly any posts.... and, it would be a giant upgrade. 😉
Well I'm new here. There are just certain things that are just so absurd it needs to be ignored.

Except it doesn't, if you actually read the White House statements all it is doing is endorsing is that kids and their families work with their doctors to do what is right for them. Isn't that the medical freedom the right is always talking about?
Sure....except that there isn't anything "right" with starting a 9 year old on hormone therapy of allowing a 14 year old to get an addadicktome. I mean, the government doesn't allow kids that age to drink a beer or drive a car so what is the LEAST BIT sane about allowing gender reassignment treatment for those kids?

Says the person that is OK with doing permanent life altering surgery on kids.
Current protections say only 18 and older are considered for such surgery. It's not a child. You and your 18 year old's medical decisions are none of my business.

Sure....except that there isn't anything "right" with starting a 9 year old on hormone therapy of allowing a 14 year old to get an addadicktome. I mean, the government doesn't allow kids that age to drink a beer or drive a car so what is the LEAST BIT sane about allowing gender reassignment treatment for those kids?
Not only is that not what is happening at all in reality if you read the other documents linked in the White House's statement that is not what is reccomended care is either for those ages either.

The child does not make the decision.
What is your point in this post? Whats with the" ! ".
This all comes back to what the child wants.
Most parents would not even consider this unless Billy or Sally, said they were not in the right body.
I just think decisions like these can wait until the child is an adult and capable of making their own decisions.

Not only is that not what is happening at all in reality if you read the other documents linked in the White House's statement that is not what is reccomended care is either for those ages either.
You know what's REALLY wrong with this? This kind of thing validates the ****ed up, woke, crazy ass parents that do shit like let their baby decide what gender it is. A big part of the reason kids end up with lunatic ideas like "gender fluidity" is because their parents are blithering idiots!

You know what's REALLY wrong with this? This kind of thing validates the ****ed up, woke, crazy ass parents that do shit like let their baby decide what gender it is. A big part of the reason kids end up with lunatic ideas like "gender fluidity" is because their parents are blithering idiots!
Forget to take your meds this morning grandpa?

Biden himself should embrace this and become the first woman president, despite his age.

So some medical choices are okay to be taken out of parent’s hands and others aren’t?
In a sense yes in very rare cases.

I think in the current climate if it’s something the child wants, the medical justification can be created to support it.
That remains to be seen.

Medical and psychosocial gender affirming healthcare practices have been demonstrated to yield lower rates of adverse mental health outcomes, build self-esteem, and improve overall quality of life for transgender and gender diverse youth.

Oh My God, the Average Fox viewers heads must be ready to explode.
Or are they just disappointted that there is not any medical treatment for the Fox viewers condition of 'Head Up Their Ass Syndrome'.

Forget to take your meds this morning grandpa?
Nah. There just comes a point where the stupid has to stop before somebody really gets hurt and this kind of crap merely adds an exponent to stupid.

If you love your children then pay attention to them. Listen to what they are saying to you as opposed to plugging your own interpretation into their words and your mind. Be understanding and compassionate but also understand that your role as a parent includes discipline and establishing guardrails for your kids. Know that your kids are going to run across all kinds of crazy crap in the world and that a HUGE part of your role is to help them work through some of that stuff. Simply coddling your children is every bit a guaranteed way to screw them up as berating them for everything is. Love DOES NOT mean "caving in". Love does not mean engaging in every crazy fad that comes along. If your kid really is having some kind of gender identity crisis then help them deal with whatever is behind it while they're kids and then, when they become adults, if they still feel a need to mutilate themselves then it will be their decision, not yours.

Minors should not be subjected to life-altering, irreversible transgender procedures & not given hormone blockers when their effects on minors are still under scrutiny. It is not transphobic, despite what some say. It is common sense. If they are having "identity issues", then parents should invest in shrinks until their kid is over the age of 18 and is 100% sure he/she wants to cut certain parts off or whatever.

Well I'm new here. There are just certain things that are just so absurd it needs to be ignored.
No joke, most folks have no clue what a logical fallacy even is.

Back
Top Bottom