• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Best revolver in your opinion. 1950 to date.

I have an early 586 6 inch. Heaven in a handgun in my opinion.

400px-S&W586-6.jpg

Nice! That's a good looking firearm, right there.

Looks a bit like an M29 in .357 .

What do you believe is the best revolver built in the last 70 years?

Best for what? Personally, the only revolver I would even remotely consider buying at this point is a .22 for plinking, and since rarely get to the range these days what little time I do spend there is for practicing with my defensive pistols.

A 6" Python has to be absolutely the bad ass looking wheel gun of all time. :)
Yeup, had one waaay back and still kick myself for selling it, excellent wheel gun, there is a new one out though and Christmas is coming:mrgreen:

Of all my revolvers the one i enjoy the most is my Heritage .22 Rough Rider. I've tweaked it a little so it fans decent for what it is and I can plink all day for a few bucks. Younger people at the range stop by and ask what's that a lot. Everyoneone who shoots it has a smile.

So from a strictly pleasure and enjoyment standpoint it's the best revolver I own.

Order the WMG cylinders and you will step up, bought two to go with my wifes' along with leather pouches to hold them, fun gun and cheap to buy and operate.

Order the WMG cylinders and you will step up, bought two to go with my wifes' along with leather pouches to hold them, fun gun and cheap to buy and operate.

I got a few the mag wheels. Hard to justify the increased price per round when all I'm killing is time, but the extra pop is an attention getter when everyone else using regular LR.

Not everyone is a self righteous chain puller who doesn't have a clue..

It's the "gun control" forum. Not the gun masturbation boutique. So, yes. The best gun is the one most recently turned into molten metal.

The most recent one melted down.

Especially when that metal from those steel frame six shooter revolvers is used in a polymer frame 20 round semi auto. Recycle, Reuse, and Rebirth of a firearm at its best.

Ruger Security Six

It's the "gun control" forum. Not the gun masturbation boutique. So, yes. The best gun is the one most recently turned into molten metal.

Report it

To me, Colt is the Harley-Davidson of guns.... you're just paying for the name. Why bother when you can buy an Indian? You get a better bike at a lower price.

I'm more in it for the steak than the sizzle.

I dunno, I have my dad's Python and Trooper MK III. Both are damn fine firearms. Both are 70-something models

If your heroes get elected, it's only a matter of time until we'll be lucky if revolvers are the only handguns we can own. So if this thread hurts your delicate feelings so much, consider it preparation for the possibility that you will get your way on gun control.

Best for what? Personally, the only revolver I would even remotely consider buying at this point is a .22 for plinking, and since rarely get to the range these days what little time I do spend there is for practicing with my defensive pistols.

Open ended. Best for plinking, hunting, concealed carry... You choose the criteria.

View attachment 67290936

Nice! That's a good looking firearm, right there.

Looks a bit like an M29 in .357 .

A coworker and I went to a sporting goods shop that was clearing out inventory. Consecutive serial numbers.

I feed it mostly .38 loaded to +P levels.

More mental masturbation - this is the gun CONTROL section.

Discuss this on a gun forum.

If your heroes get elected, it's only a matter of time until we'll be lucky if revolvers are the only handguns we can own. So if this thread hurts your delicate feelings so much, consider it preparation for the possibility that you will get your way on gun control.

Don't think many will give up their guns willingly.

I know i won't

More mental masturbation - this is the gun CONTROL section.

Discuss this on a gun forum.

Go cry to the mods to create a "gun forum". Until then this IS the gun forum.

Feel free to report this thread.

If you don't like it feel free to quit posting to it.

Nobody was paying any attention to his earlier uninformed opinions on the topic of the thread so now he decides the entire thread is off topic.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom