• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie Sanders faces progressive backlash over State of the Union response

Did you read the Politico article I linked? According to former DNC Interim Chair Donna Brazile, thanks Barack Obama, the DNC was insolvent. Clinton's campaign and the DNC signed an agreement that brought it back to basic solvency in exchange for her control:

The DNC also offered the same agreement to Sanders. But guess who declined and only raised chump change? Sanders isn’t a Democrat and he was only using the DNC for its campaign infrastructure so why does he deserve to be rewarded? He should just be grateful that the DNC lifted him out of obscurity.

Right. And Donald Trump always had the support of everyday Republicans. That's why he's president. ;)

Yet you believe that a guy who lost his own primary by a huge margin would have won the general. You have a very exagerated impression of his popularity.

Last edited:
Yes, but he had no business going after Abrams. It was like, "Well, this little black girl is gonna **** it up, so let me make sure I go in behind her and bat cleanup."

Only an extremely insecure person or programmed person would think something so ridiculous as that.

It's absurd with his incessant acts of "vote splitting" conduct, in how he wants to ignore and usurp the fact the Democrats had already selected someone to give the Rebuttal.... !!!!!

It's time for Sanders to go side down and deal with his State Concerns.... He has not even come close to considering to be aware of his vote splitting acts and the damages he did in 2016. Not knowing when to sit down even then, when he hitched a ride on the Democratic Ticket and then Disrespected the Democratic Party's own Nominee when it was clear the delegates were not for him, and then bringing his sour face to the Democratic Convention after not knowing or caring to bring his voters to Support the Democratic Ticket and its Nominee.

Now, here he which his "Vote Splitting Presence", again by the same acts of "vote splitting" in being as if nothing more than a adjunct operative of Trump promotion, and he's not even concerned to be aware of doing and being so. "His continual opposition to Democratic Platform Agenda Elements, promotes nothing more than Vote Splitting, while he selectively attacks Democratic positions.
He is not of the demeanor to be President, with that whiny like delivery and the ideals that push too far to the left, as if he thinks he can turn and Ocean Liner of a Nation on a pin head. he has nothing more than "two items", one is "to back and support the principle of Medicare for All", "Access to higher Education with lower cost, to no cost for Community Colleges". He can do that from a Senatorial Seat... if he thinks he so capable of being effective, then be so... in the Senate and build a Bi Partisan Coalition to support it.

Lol...so much for the "big tent" party. Step outta line and it's off to the gulags with you. I gotta say...the pressure the left puts on people to not have any independent thoughts is really amazing, 1984 worthy to be sure.

The DNC also offered the same agreement to Sanders. But guess who declined and only raised chump change?

Do you have a source for that? Keep in mind this all took place well before the primary season even started. In 2016, Bernie raised chump change for a presidential campaign--$1.25 million (https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/summary?cid=N00000528&cycle=CAREER). One of his biggest fundraisers that year was a Red Hot Chili Peppers Concert. :doh Certainly in 2015 he wasn't in any position to pay off DNC debt in the tens of millions of dollars. No, Hillary and DNC leadership's plan was sort of what we used to see in the old Soviet Union: the Politburo would anoint her as the party's successor, she would be elected president, and that would be the end of it.

Yet you believe that a guy who lost his own primary by a huge margin would have won the general. You have a very exagerated impression of his popularity.

Actually, I had a feeling well before the election that Trump would win (https://www.debatepolitics.com/2016...onald-trump-win.html?highlight=Trump+Gundlach). My post on the topic didn't get a single response, since Hillary had it in the bag. :( (By the way: Jeffrey Gundlach has a pretty good record as a market prognosticator, so anyone interested in where the economy is headed should probably listen to him.) There were many disaffected people in critical states who felt as though the system wasn't working for them, and Trump appealed to them brilliantly. Many of the people who voted for Trump in these states voted for Obama--twice. I don't think Trump had a monopoly on their sentiments. Could Bernie have won? Who knows? But having the DNC give him a big Hillary dildo in the ass certainly didn't help his chances.

Last edited:
Lol...so much for the "big tent" party. Step outta line and it's off to the gulags with you. I gotta say...the pressure the left puts on people to not have any independent thoughts is really amazing, 1984 worthy to be sure.

It not a matter of anyone being sent to the gulag.... If you are not a member of something, but want to ride on that member's platform, but don't embrace the whole of that platform's agenda... then it should not be an expectation that such one could dominate on or in using that platform to push things that are counter to that platforms whole spectrum of agenda. That's the irony of the matter. Its like riding in someone car.... yes it is a means to get were one is going, but one can't tell the driver, not to eat, drink or smoke in their own car, or tell them to install a new sound system, because they don't like the one that exist in the car, or start to put the car down, because its a 8 cylinder and not a 4 cylinder. One has to engage that car for what it is, and the accept that the driver who is the owner of the car, and not try and tell that owner of the car what they can and can't do in their own car. They are a rider, and they have to deal with the things they have in common agreement with how that car owner operates their car, and what is the attributes that are part of what that car is.
They don't go and slam the car or the car owner, because the car owner and the car driver does not make it a priority or change its attributes to appease the one who is hitching a ride.

Sander should know that, because if the Independents was as Major of a Party as the Democratic Party or the Republican Party, that is exactly what and how the Independents would deal with a Democrat hitching a ride on the Independent Party, or the exact same of what and how the Independents would deal with a Republican hitching a ride on the Independent Party.

If people don't think this is principally how people think...
Go get in your car and let someone ask you to hitch a ride, because you are going in the vicinity of where they want to go, but they have specific other interest when they get to the vicinity location.... you are not going to let that person tell you how to drive your car, where you should go, what route you should take, and you certainly are not going to let them dictate the music you play, or even if you play music in your car.... and what kind of specifics attributes that you can or cannot have in or on your car. Besides just because someone give and allow one to have a seat and ride in the car, does not include a guarantee that they can drive the car, nor be given the unquestioned rights to expect to drive the car. They may well need to be happy they were in the car, as a means to have access to get to the vicinity of their aims. (In the case of Sanders, being on the Democratic platform allowed him to voice his interest and concerns and bring people to the awareness of his interest and concerns far more than he could have as just an Independent trying to compete with Democrats and Republican Party more dominant stature... He should have been willing, to also, bring his people to the full awareness of the whole of the Democratic Platforms Core and Agenda Objectives.)

Life is not that different from how politic's work, because politics is about life..... and life is about people.....

Last edited:
Anyone else think that the whole "rebuttal" thing is ridiculous?

I have been saying this for decades no matter who is president.

This is supposed to be one country and after the election we have one President.

Insanity that adds to the divide.

*Looks at thread*

You want 8 years of President Trump? Then by all means carry on this divide and conquer propaganda campaign. I'll be in a different part of the world. :2wave:

Even if you don't believe the charges of having a problem with women and people of color, even if you forget all of that, the one overarching problem remains:
He "hitched a ride" with the Dems while not actually BEING one, then complained and effectively split the vote.

No matter how good you might believe Sanders is, and I too am one of those who believes he is very good, the fact is he ran the 2016 race with the parking brake on and we cannot afford another one of those experiences in 2020.

Bernie's ship to POTUS-land sailed a long time ago.

When the picked the Biggest Loser and Faux Victim.

I’m happy they did. Her bitterness was a wonderful contrast.

From what I have read the left loved it....the right genetics were on display....her being fat helps too....and they liked that the D's had a nobody speaking for them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom