• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Believers - Is there life somewhere besides Earth?

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
A question for the believers.

Do you believe that there is life (intelligent or otherwise) somewhere else besides Earth?

If you do, do you also believe "God" create it? Was it your "God"? Or possibly a different "god"?

If your "God" created it, why?

If the life that's on another planet, and it's far superior in every way to what's here on Earth, how would you explain it from your religious point of view?

Or, is it your belief that life here on Earth is the ONLY life what-so-ever in the entire Universe?

Do you believe that there is life (intelligent or otherwise) somewhere else besides Earth?

If you do, do you also believe "God" create it? Was it your "God"? Or possibly a different "god"?

If the life that's on another planet, and it's far superior in every way to what's here on Earth, how would you explain it from your religious point of view?

Or, is it your belief that life here on Earth is the ONLY life what-so-ever in the entire Universe?

Mathematically it seems impossible for there not to be life elsewhere in the universe, if not now then at some other time.

I wouldn't attempt to explain it from a place of faith because it is irrelevant to faith. If you believe in a god, you generally accept a few things: A) They are bigger and smarter and know more than you do, B) They are the authority and you are on a need to know basis, C) Since they are all powerful, anything is possible.

So, tell me...how well did I survive the atheist trap experience? :lol: ;)

That's sure an easy way out of actually answering the question.

We all know that the Earth is the center of the universe and god created the universe for us.

That's sure an easy way out of actually answering the question.

And yet, it is the answer. :shrug: Sorry I couldn't be more controversial, but faith is all about accepting the unknowable as such. :shrug: Did you want me to make something up?

We all know that the Earth is the center of the universe and god created the universe for us.

Is that what you believe, bud? If so, I'll respect your right to do so, and not be a dick about it. :)

There is no doubt there I'd life elsewhere, the math is all one has understand.
God has many children, nothing deep in that thought.

So all over the universe many Jesuses have been crucified?

Are all those children "made in god's image"?
Do they all look just like us?

Will they be clenching many different versions of Bibles, Korans, Bhagavad Gitas, Torahs, Kojiki and other writings?

How could god have some special affection for Earthlings, if he/she also has billions of other "children" all over the Universe?

Also, why no mention of these other life-forms in any of the holy writings here on Earth?

Does Armageddon and such cover just life on Earth, or is it the entire Universe?

Will they be clenching many different versions of Bibles, Korans, Bhagavad Gitas, Torahs, Kojiki and other writings?

How could god have some special affection for Earthlings, if he/she also has billions of other "children" all over the Universe?

Also, why no mention of these other life-forms in any of the holy writings here on Earth?

Does Armageddon and such cover just life on Earth, or is it the entire Universe?

Just a sec... You're using this premise to brow beat religious folks, that's nothing new, but this isn't a religious topic. We don't claim to know anything about aliens. Why do you think we can answer any of this for you?

I think you woke up this morning and thought you had a real zinger, but this is falling flat. What do you believe? Is there life on other planets? Are they all smug, superiority complex having atheists? Do they like Coke or Pepsi better? Do they **** like we do, or do they procreate through some process involving mimes and bubble machines? Do they eat the red Smarties last? Do they still think the Macarena is cool, or did they never get on that trend to begin with?

Stop ***** footing around and deliver your insult, already...I mean, it's not like you need this thread to go one way or the other in order to get it in... :shrug:

And because of the speed of light Armageddon in the entire universe would not be simultaneous.

I have no idea but I do believe we may find out one day and if there is life somewhere else, then yes, Jehovah created it...if He did create other life it's because He had the desire to create, simple as that...how He deals with life elsewhere has no bearing on us whatsoever, God's instructions given through His Written Word, is written for humans and humans alone on how to obtain the perfect life on earth as He purposed for us in the 1st place...

Last edited:

Who knows?
Who knows?
The same way I can have love for all my children...really? That's is a dumb question....:roll:
Because other life forms have nothing to so with us...
Again, another dumb question...why are you so nosy? Take care of you own back yard....

There is no proof of it.

You seem to have alot of questions to something that has no relationship​ to your daily life. Focus..

You seem to have alot of questions to something that has no relationship​ to your daily life. Focus..

What? All questions that we ask must be connected to our daily life? Why?

I'd be surprised if there isn't life somewhere else. The universe is almost unimaginably vast.

Is that life visiting us in disco lighted flying saucers? No.

What? All questions that we ask must be connected to our daily life? Why?

Yes, if no person can answer your questions and you know that beforehand. Good luck...

I am a believer (specifically a Christian - Lutheran) and will do my best to answer the questions.

I don't believe it to be an impossibility; there very well may be. However, I believe that life outside of Earth is not the business of mankind because God made mankind to have dominion over the Earth, so I think mankind should be much more focused on the Earth.

If there is, I do believe that God (my Christian God) created it.

Because I believe in the authenticity of the Holy Scriptures, which claim that the Christian God created everything in the universe.

That God created that particular life in a seemingly superior way.

I don't have the knowledge/experience to properly believe one way or the other, but I do believe that life outside of Earth is not mankind's business, and that mankind should be focused on having dominion over the Earth, and it's contents, and taking care of it all.

Back
Top Bottom