• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bad Shoot [W:168]

^ Sounds very racist, and in no way whatsoever. addresses the thread OP. This thread isn't about Mr. Brown's past record, nor the color of his skin, which has zilch to do with the thread topic. Furthermore, no is "idolizing thugs." MAJOR FAIL.

I don't care how you FEEL how it sounds, it isn't racist. Andrew Brown Jr had a warrant for his arrest did he not? The police were not just pulling him over a for burned out taillight, they were there with a COURT order to arrest him. The facts of what occurred which caused there to be a police shooting have not been fully investigated, but they will be.

Meanwhile your typical Black race baiting protests are going on, spurned on by the liberal media. Just because a Black person is killed by the police is not always due to police misconduct. All of this idolization of Black criminals is HURTING Black people more than helping. It causes people to want to tune out from the issues. I don't believe it racist to say that. Just minutes ago the AG was declaring another investigation into the Beonna Taylor shooting. Fine with me, but hopefully it will be discussed about WHY IN THE HELL she was associated with TWO criminals, whom she gave access to her car and her home? Too bad she was killed, but she made choices in life too. You fly too close to the flame, and you may end up burned. No racism is that opinion.

I don't care how you FEEL how it sounds, it isn't racist. Andrew Brown Jr had a warrant for his arrest did he not? The police were not just pulling him over a for burned out taillight, they were there with a COURT order to arrest him. The facts of what occurred which caused there to be a police shooting have not been fully investigated, but they will be.

Meanwhile your typical Black race baiting protests are going on, spurned on by the liberal media. Just because a Black person is killed by the police is not always due to police misconduct. All of this idolization of Black criminals is HURTING Black people more than helping. It causes people to want to tune out from the issues. I don't believe it racist to say that. Just minutes ago the AG was declaring another investigation into the Beonna Taylor shooting. Fine with me, but hopefully it will be discussed about WHY IN THE HELL she was associated with TWO criminals, whom she gave access to her car and her home? Too bad she was killed, but she made choices in life too. You fly too close to the flame, and you may end up burned. No racism is that opinion.
In what other situations is it acceptable for the police to immediately execute people who don't pose any physical danger to them merely because they either didn't listen or made their job a little more difficult?

I think you dropped this.
Why do you have so littte respect for the victims of police brutality? Do you not believe that these people deserve to be compensated for the hatred they have to endure and do you not believe that police departments need to be punished until they stop killing black people?

In what other situations is it acceptable for the police to immediately execute people who don't pose any physical danger to them merely because they either didn't listen or made their job a little more difficult?

Your comments prove YOUR BIAS against law enforcement. You aren't even willing to wait for the investigation. First off, "execution" is something which happens after due process, a trial, a jury, and then maybe if the crime fits---capital punishment, which would be a LEGAL homicide. However included with legal homicides may be deadly use of force by police after an investigation of that force. Why are you not willing to wait for the investigation?

Whatever the reasons why the police fired will be determined, and should be viewed from the police officer's state of mind, and any reasonable use of force to defend himself or another. If that was not the case, it will be found out. I agree, if he shot the suspect just pulling away then maybe out of policy, but if another officer was near the car, or possibly in the way of the car, then the car itself may be viewed as a deadly weapon. Wait for the investigation.

/// " The facts of what occurred which caused there to be a police shooting have not been fully investigated." /// <--- Exactly, which is why your post appears to be racist based. Mr. Brown's skin color has zilch to do with the thread topic the incident, or the arrest.. ( fact). It was 'you' who chose to make skin color an issue. ( also 'fact' ) The rest of your diatribe, ranting against blacks is duly noted, and dismissed as 'irrelevant' to the thread topic. or anyone's "feelings."

Last edited:
/// " The facts of what occurred which caused there to be a police shooting have not been fully investigated." /// <--- Exactly, which is why your post appears to be racist based. Mr. Brown's skin color has zilch to do with the thread topic the incident, or the arrest.. ( fact). It was 'you' who chose to make skin color an issue. ( also 'fact' ) The rest of your diatribe, ranting against blacks is duly noted, and dismissed as 'irrelevant' to the thread topic. or anyone's "feelings."
If Andrew Brown's skin color is so irrelevant, then explain why so many Black leaders, BLM, and the left media are out putting his skin color out in front of this narrative?

If Andrew Brown's skin color is so irrelevant, then explain why so many Black leaders, BLM, and the left media are out putting his skin color out in front of this narrative?
His skin color makes ALL the difference. Cops aren't paid to hunt down and kill white people, just blacks.

The jury has not yet been seated and charges not yet filed, but the murder of Andrew Brown will be the new Chauvin trial. This was a bad shoot, for sure.

Question: When is it OK to shoot someone in the back?

The smart money says:

the suspect was acting a fool.
👍

Please do try to keep up. I clearly stated skin color was irrelevant to the thread OP/topic. It was 'you' who chose to make this thread about race and skin color. ( fact)

Please do try to keep up. I clearly stated skin color was irrelevant to the thread OP/topic. It was 'you' who chose to make this thread about race and skin color. ( fact)

I am keeping up YOU need to keep up. This incident is being used by the same race hustlers like usual, and that is what I was commenting on. I don't need your prior permission on this or any other subject to limit myself to what YOU want to talk about. What is happening with this incident has a much broader context than just the OP. So, again, you maybe need to keep up.

Yep, another black man with a LONG criminal history killed by police while attempting to serve a warrant on him for pending felony charges-- and somehow he ends up dead---so go figure? And once again members of the black protest community are not happy waiting for the complete investigation, assuming as usual police misconduct. And yet still unwilling to figure that Andrew Brown Jr is a man with a LONG criminal history.

Why do some black people insist on making heroes and martyrs out of criminals and thugs? Long gone are the real heroes of African-American history whom we all, regardless of race can celebrate. People like Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Hank Aaron, Harriet Tubman, Thurgood Marshall.

Now it has shifted to idolizing thugs who by their own bad behavior and criminal activity end up being taken out of the gene pool. Why celebrate those idiots?
"Members of the white community" are not happy either.

Just saw the Crump presser. It's a total coverup!!! The family was only shown 20 sec of video when there were hours upon hours that were captured! There can be no question, the state is manipulating the video to protect the police!!!

The police department wherever this happened needs to be disbanded and the cops need to go to jail immediately!!!

To heck with trials and excuses!! It's too late for all that!! Just get rid of the cops and set the people free!!!

Just saw the Crump presser. It's a total coverup!!! The family was only shown 20 sec of video when there were hours upon hours that were captured! There can be no question, the state is manipulating the video to protect the police!!!

The police department wherever this happened needs to be disbanded and the cops need to go to jail immediately!!!

To heck with trials and excuses!! It's too late for all that!! Just get rid of the cops and set the people free!!!
The NC sheriff has cocked this up royally.

One of the family's lawyers now saying they were only allowed to watch 20 seconds of footage from one camera, but that it shows Brown's hands were on the steering wheel when officers unloaded on him with both handguns and rifles.

The NC sheriff has cocked this up royally.
How could it possibly be otherwise? Either you release the video and everyone shits themselves or you don't release the video and everyone shits themselves.

There's no good way to do this than to just arrest whatever cop did the shooting no matter what the circumstances.

How could it possibly be otherwise? Either you release the video and everyone shits themselves or you don't release the video and everyone shits themselves.

There's no good way to do this than to just arrest whatever cop did the shooting no matter what the circumstances.

The good way is honesty and transparency, even if that shows your people screwed up. The deed is done. Nothing can change that. Hiding the truth only makes you look complicit in the broken system that leads to events like what we are probably going to see in the coming days when the video is inevitably released.

Dragging out the inevitable is never a good look. I have no idea how this will play out or who is on the hook here, but this is textbook how not to proceed in these matters, imo.

Given the information in that article, there is no way you can honestly judge this to be a "bad shoot".

To answer your question, if I...let's say I'm a policeman...see you preparing to shoot someone else and your back is turned to me, then me shooting you in the back to protect others is certainly okay.
Well, your strawman in bold aside, we can safely conclude he was not a threat to anyone.

Sounds like many many cops were shooting.

Oh look, another garbage strawman argument.

From press conf, with the family's lawyers:

--they were only shown 20 seconds of footage​
--the shooting started BEFORE the 20 seconds they saw​
--They were telling him to show them his hands and were already shooting​
--they had the driveway blocked with their vehicles​
--they were shooting at him in a vehicle that was stationary and his hands were visible on the wheel​
--they ran up to the vehicle, shooting him while his hands were on the steering wheel​
--he finally tried backing out and going around to escape (Intentionally not driving towards officers, so not a threat) because they were using ARs and Glock 17s to just blast him​
--There were at least 5 other body cams recording and no other video yet shown...or even mentioned

They were told what led up to the shooting was "not pertinent."

Yep, another black man with a LONG criminal history killed by police while attempting to serve a warrant on him for pending felony charges...
I guess you missed the part about no drugs being found, hence no charges pending. But, hey. He's black. So, there must have been something he did wrong. Amirite?

The good way is honesty and transparency, even if that shows your people screwed up. The deed is done. Nothing can change that. Hiding the truth only makes you look complicit in the broken system that leads to events like what we are probably going to see in the coming days when the video is inevitably released.
Right. To hell with investigations, the preservation of evidence and the presumption of innocence. The videos MUST come out and it's the general public, not the courts and not the justice system, that gets to decide who is guilty and what their punishment should be. On top of that, the LAST thing you want is to have any context included with the video. All we need is a still of some kid with his hands in the air or some dude with his face in the ground and it's over. We don't need any facts and circumstances. We don't need any excuses or justifications. Unless we can get our instant rush to judgement then we're being denied our rights!!

Right. To hell with investigations, the preservation of evidence and the presumption of innocence. The videos MUST come out and it's the general public, not the courts and not the justice system, that gets to decide who is guilty and what their punishment should be. On top of that, the LAST thing you want is to have any context included with the video. All we need is a still of some kid with his hands in the air or some dude with his face in the ground and it's over. We don't need any facts and circumstances. We don't need any excuses or justifications. Unless we can get our instant rush to judgement then we're being denied our rights!!
lol...you're trying way too hard.

Dragging out the inevitable is never a good look. I have no idea how this will play out or who is on the hook here, but this is textbook how not to proceed in these matters, imo.
You have no idea how this is going to play out but the end result is inevitable....brilliant. This is what justice in America has come to.

Back
Top Bottom