• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bad Neighbor stories

tanj

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I seem to be a magnet for some winners over the past 6 years.

crazy neighbor #1: certified EMT and verifiable sociopath. enjoyed killing our animals in their pens, and ODing on sudafed and robitussin until he had to be hauled off by ambulance at least once a month.
his wife believed he just had a heart condition, nevermind the stack of 20 or so unopened sudafed boxes we actually saw on his table when we visited for some meeting. we also had a long stretch of oddly coincidental flat tires after we moved there. once we put up a trail camera to have some sort of evidence of his actions. he stole the camera. bear in mind we lived in the middle of nowhere and had very little traffic passing our drive on a given day, and none making the 1/4 mile from the road to the house. we also had inherited a small pack of "farm dogs" that had never lived indoors that lived on the property. they never let any stranger get by them. and not once did they alert to the neighbor because he was friendly to them and lived there.
his winning move: while our whole family was 200 yards away working on an animal pen, he snuck into our home, put our cat in our clothes dryer and ran it until the cat was well and truly done, then threw it in the back for our children to find.

crazy neighbor #2: a former member of a "church" that was just a mini cult teaching very non christian things, who himself became the leader of a church in the same location when the other was run off. he had an interesting past as a thief, was close friends with the owners of the property from which our group was renting. ( a church supported ministry. the whole story takes too long but can be best described as being victimized by a running real estate scam.) he became the property manager and promptly disregarded every point of the agreement he was there under.
his winning move: he was quite vocal about not liking dogs, even though his wife had one and he was fully aware of the 4 "farm dogs" as well as our dogs that ran with them (learning to dog...)
well, one day he shoots our dog saying that it was attacking his daughter. the same daughter that was nowhere in the area and who had been playing with said dog for the entire previous week.
while I collected the dog to take away he hovered over me, yelling at the top of his lungs and still holding the gun.

crazy neighbor #3: current neighbor. previous guest of a federal penitentiary for 12 years. his Curriculum Vitae consists of: manufacture of Meth, distribution of Meth, possession of meth, and many flavors of assault. this neighbor also seems to have a strong dislike of animals. not all though. not the wild critters that cross his plot from time to time. no, he hates ours in particular and has a zero tolerance policy regarding it. no matter that every time he had to come and inform us of the furry interloper, we promptly corrected the situation and did our best to prevent it in the future. however, since they were all rescue dogs and changed out regularly as we shipped them off to be rehomed, we had a continuous stream of new contestants in the four legged escape room game. we have experienced two cats dying suspiciously shortly after he moved in (an entirely different location now than the previous two) but oddly enough after having heated argument across the fence line where it is posted no tresspassing we are once again experiencing an odd surge of flat tires over a short period of time with none in the year plus since we have been there.

so, what does anyone have to share? I need something to take my mind off my own crazy neighbors.

Move quickly.... life is too short for all that drama! :)

Or build a very tall wall around your place.

crazy neighbor #1: certified EMT and verifiable sociopath. enjoyed killing our animals in their pens, and ODing on sudafed and robitussin until he had to be hauled off by ambulance at least once a month.
his wife believed he just had a heart condition, nevermind the stack of 20 or so unopened sudafed boxes we actually saw on his table when we visited for some meeting. we also had a long stretch of oddly coincidental flat tires after we moved there. once we put up a trail camera to have some sort of evidence of his actions. he stole the camera. bear in mind we lived in the middle of nowhere and had very little traffic passing our drive on a given day, and none making the 1/4 mile from the road to the house. we also had inherited a small pack of "farm dogs" that had never lived indoors that lived on the property. they never let any stranger get by them. and not once did they alert to the neighbor because he was friendly to them and lived there.
his winning move: while our whole family was 200 yards away working on an animal pen, he snuck into our home, put our cat in our clothes dryer and ran it until the cat was well and truly done, then threw it in the back for our children to find.

crazy neighbor #2: a former member of a "church" that was just a mini cult teaching very non christian things, who himself became the leader of a church in the same location when the other was run off. he had an interesting past as a thief, was close friends with the owners of the property from which our group was renting. ( a church supported ministry. the whole story takes too long but can be best described as being victimized by a running real estate scam.) he became the property manager and promptly disregarded every point of the agreement he was there under.
his winning move: he was quite vocal about not liking dogs, even though his wife had one and he was fully aware of the 4 "farm dogs" as well as our dogs that ran with them (learning to dog...)
well, one day he shoots our dog saying that it was attacking his daughter. the same daughter that was nowhere in the area and who had been playing with said dog for the entire previous week.
while I collected the dog to take away he hovered over me, yelling at the top of his lungs and still holding the gun.

crazy neighbor #3: current neighbor. previous guest of a federal penitentiary for 12 years. his Curriculum Vitae consists of: manufacture of Meth, distribution of Meth, possession of meth, and many flavors of assault. this neighbor also seems to have a strong dislike of animals. not all though. not the wild critters that cross his plot from time to time. no, he hates ours in particular and has a zero tolerance policy regarding it. no matter that every time he had to come and inform us of the furry interloper, we promptly corrected the situation and did our best to prevent it in the future. however, since they were all rescue dogs and changed out regularly as we shipped them off to be rehomed, we had a continuous stream of new contestants in the four legged escape room game. we have experienced two cats dying suspiciously shortly after he moved in (an entirely different location now than the previous two) but oddly enough after having heated argument across the fence line where it is posted no tresspassing we are once again experiencing an odd surge of flat tires over a short period of time with none in the year plus since we have been there.

so, what does anyone have to share? I need something to take my mind off my own crazy neighbors.
There goes the argument about how rural areas are so preferential to urban/suburban areas. You could try calling the police or taking these people to court. Or consider getting two cameras.

Very serious topic.

Nothing is more horrible than bad neighbors in a neighborhood or in an apartment house.

Human beings are such dreadful creatures.

That's why there is so much wisdom in that saying "Good fences make good neighbors." (Of course, that applies to nations, too. But I digress.)

That's why there is so much wisdom in that saying "Good fences make good neighbors." (Of course, that applies to nations, too. But I digress.)

My nation was founded on a no-fence policy and philosophy. I dunno what nation you're talking about.

truth.

the fence saying isn't foolproof. the current guy just works around it.
Yes. Look at how people get around national border fences!

I also feel sorry for people who live in neighborhoods where there are no fences, trees, etc. that separate the houses.

Move quickly.... life is too short for all that drama! :)

Or build a very tall wall around your place.
no chance of that. we own the house. this is our last refuge and last resort. ( I decided to trim off the long, sad backstory ) there is no money for relocating. and no money for the sort of zero tolerance escape proof fence that they seem to require. we were in far better financial shape when we decided to make our family the size it is by adopting. then things changed quickly and badly. "best laid plans" and all. we all have to work with what we've got i guess.

we have no proof, but when we were trying to buy the place, the owner tried to break it off briefly because of another offer. we suspect by the timing of things that it was this guy and that he still thinks he can run us off so he can buy the property. a motivated criminal is a dangerous criminal.

My nation was founded on a no-fence policy and philosophy. I dunno what nation you're talking about.
what policy was that? i don't recall seeing that in the constitution or the federalist papers or any founding era documents. there were fences and walls here long before the US became a nation, and the very saying itself predates the creation of the nation.

good article on the saying. "Even Benjamin Franklin is known to have said, “Love thy neighbor, yet don’t pull down your hedge.”

my take is the saying means that a good fence prevents petty squabbles between neighbors that could cause unwanted tension.

something I forgot about this property we are on. it is "out in the county" and well outside of city limits. the nearest town proudly shows a population sign of 4550. no city limits means no ordinaces other than state or county which are going to be far more lenient.

more disclosure. the latest kerfufle involved a dog that was supposedly trying to chase/bite/attack his wife. no one saw this but them. by itself, and if true that would justify some of the anger he seemed to have. we had the dog put down the next day on our own. I still have a problem with the idea of being chased by a dog still learning to get around on only 3 legs since this dog in question had recently had a leg amputated.

The dog in question was a longer term rescue due to ongoing heartworm treatment before he could be re-homed. being in rescue for years we will not keep or pass on a animal that exhibits aggression. while recovering it was frequently climbed on, poked and prodded by a 2 year old and had not once even growled at her for doing so. I suspect that there was a bit of unacknowledged aggravation of the dog in order to get it off their yard that provoked the dog to that state if it did in fact happen.

what kills me about his attitude is that his neighbor on the other side has a huge number of small loud yappy dogs that they breed and who never, ever, stop barking. knowing about the animals on both sides, I find it odd that they chose to move in between. I can't wait to see their faces when the feral hogs come and tear up their entire back yard. I wonder who will be blamed for that?

neighbor #1, a sociopath who likes to kill things, is an EMT!
any chance someone has investigated questionable deaths on his EMT watch? if not, you might want to make a suggestion to do so

start writing a screen play and try to come up with a memorable line similar to "squeal like a pig"
you have just shared the outline for three vignettes
"methworld" might be a decent working title

do-it-yourself-restraining orders are in your future. get some in place so that you will have established a pattern when you will have shot these nefarious ****ers

clearly, you are being consistently stalked. time to install some internet cameras in discreet places to have your own foreknowledge of their movements

never leave your place unoccupied. stock up on ammunition. see @TurtleDude for suggestions

what policy was that? i don't recall seeing that in the constitution or the federalist papers or any founding era documents. there were fences and walls here long before the US became a nation, and the very saying itself predates the creation of the nation.

good article on the saying. "Even Benjamin Franklin is known to have said, “Love thy neighbor, yet don’t pull down your hedge.”

my take is the saying means that a good fence prevents petty squabbles between neighbors that could cause unwanted tension.

You're spewing nationalist bs. Are you merely a nationalist or you got something else to go with that?

You're spewing nationalist bs. Are you merely a nationalist or you got something else to go with that?
what are you going on about? all I asked for was where that policy came from. why is that deserving of such a reaction?
it looks like you came here to argue rather than to debate.

what are you going on about? all I asked for was where that policy came from. why is that deserving of such a reaction?
it looks like you came here to argue rather than to debate.

I'm claiming your bs is nationalist bs. Nothing more. And I'm wondering if there's anything else behind it.

Is that clear? I don't see a confusing word in there.

Yes. Look at how people get around national border fences!

I also feel sorry for people who live in neighborhoods where there are no fences, trees, etc. that separate the houses.
i would wager there is a great difference between a national border fence and a run of the mill wood privacy fence.
anything can be got around, its all a matter of how much effort one wishes to put into it.
at least on this issue, i have proof of the illegal fence crosser's criminal record. its not pretty.

neighbor #1, a sociopath who likes to kill things, is an EMT!
any chance someone has investigated questionable deaths on his EMT watch? if not, you might want to make a suggestion to do so

start writing a screen play and try to come up with a memorable line similar to "squeal like a pig"
you have just shared the outline for three vignettes
"methworld" might be a decent working title

do-it-yourself-restraining orders are in your future. get some in place so that you will have established a pattern when you will have shot these nefarious ****ers

clearly, you are being consistently stalked. time to install some internet cameras in discreet places to have your own foreknowledge of their movements

never leave your place unoccupied. stock up on ammunition. see @TurtleDude for suggestions
he is long gone now.

"Meth world, party time! excellent!" no? too derivative? get that famous " ...in a world ...." voice actor to read it.
currently investigating the particulars of my state's castle doctrine. when is use of force allowable etc. (not *necessarily* lethal force) considering his youth, size, strength, criminal record and penchant for agression and violence, I would say I wouldn't have a hard time explaining how I felt that to be a reasonable reaction. I just want to know what my legal options are beause he is clearly willing to cross the line with identical nails in the tires of two vehicles on two separate occasions.

I'm claiming your bs is nationalist bs. Nothing more. And I'm wondering if there's anything else behind it.

Is that clear? I don't see a confusing word in there.
i don't see how discussion of a privacy fence between neighbors constitutes nationalism or is nationalist. what is confusing is why you think a privacy fence is in any way nationalist.
oh, and still waiting for you to show this no fence policy and philosophy.

nice. another flat this morning.

Back
Top Bottom