• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Australian children's author Mem Fox detained by US border control [W:99]

No, it's not. No society allows people to just randomly kill other people. It's 100% evil. It not only goes against man's law, but also all morality.

It were completely random. They had nothing to go with ISIS or Al Qaeda; the only reason why they were targeted was because they were Muslims. And despite what people like you think, being a Muslim does not warrant a death sentence.

People like you are no better than ISIS or Al Qaeda, and frankly speaking should be treated the same.

What is ISIS doing? Women and children live with them. You had better come to grips with what is going on it is not getting better.

Wait till it happens to you.

It is impossible for you and the Trump heads to make a case FOR this security measure if you're going to hassle EVERYONE.

Typically, ignored is the damage being done TO the US and its reputation, damage to its 'needed' immigration flow and damage to your allies. I know you all think America is so ****ing great she can shrug all this off...but to start with you have a shortage of entry level, low wage workers, without them your economy crumbles. Obamacare has created a huge demand for doctors, two of whom from India, were banned in this operation and who will now be opening their practices in Canada, not USA.

This was your hero's idea....it was his plan to bring security to the US by banning Muslims but has gone on to include whites with blonde hair and you defend it. Which proves the fears of everyone opposed to this as tyrannical. No one can believe you is you support hassling people who don't fit the profile when you have already claimed it is about Islamic terrorism.

Thanks for the two doctors by the way. It appears migrants from around the world recruited by America's big business have already changed their minds of where they want to live

Response to the bolded words -- Flight bookings to the US have slumped by 6.5 percent worldwide since Trump travel ban

What is ISIS doing? Women and children live with them. You had better come to grips with what is going on it is not getting better.

You do realize that there are a number of Muslim countries fighting ISIS.....right?

Wonderful. Your rationalization is "let's commit mass murder because Coldjoint doesn't know anything about military technology or doctrine".

People like you are the real problem, not a handful of radicals out in the desert.

I didnt say you supported the TSA...I said you have ignored the numerous times people were detained or prevented entry during the Obama admin. That you never started a thread or expressed your poutrage....during the Obama administration. But nice try attempting to set up an argument that doesnt make you look like a complete ****ing hypocrite. Fail...but good attempt.

When you call someone a hypocrite, you have to prove that they were for something and then against it. You failed on both counts, that makes you a liar. Got anymore fallacies?

You do realize that there are a number of Muslim countries fighting ISIS.....right?

Wonderful. Your rationalization is "let's commit mass murder because Coldjoint doesn't know anything about military technology or doctrine".

People like you are the real problem, not a handful of radicals out in the desert.

I have nothing to do with Islamic doctrine except letting people know what it says. Any other connection is purely coincidental

You have no idea how competent those agents are. Stupid thing to assume.

You interacted with them? I have. They are basically high school drop outs.

I have nothing to do with Islamic doctrine except letting people know what it says. Any other connection is purely coincidental

And as usual you fail to respond in a coherent way in favor of waving your arms about wildly and babbling something about Islam. I notice you do that a lot when you don't have a response.

You interacted with them? I have. They are basically high school drop outs.

I guess they will have to improve on that. Other than that, they are better than nothing.

And as usual you fail to respond in a coherent way in favor of waving your arms about wildly and babbling something about Islam. I notice you do that a lot when you don't have a response.

Well your behavior is quite repetitive as well.

Well your behavior is quite repetitive as well.

Yes. I repeatedly call you out on your support of atrocities and the murder of innocents, and you repeatedly retreat into incoherent mumbling about Islam.

Yes. I repeatedly call you out on your support of atrocities and the murder of innocents, and you repeatedly retreat into incoherent mumbling about Islam.

You must not follow things that well.

You must not follow things that well.

No, it's simply that you seem incapable of making a coherent argument unless you are talking about murdering innocents "because Islam".

No, it's simply that you seem incapable of making a coherent argument unless you are talking about murdering innocents "because Islam".

You are incapable of looking at facts about Islam.

You are incapable of looking at facts about Islam.

You are incapable of understanding that what you claim are "facts" aren't; further more, that your support for the murder of innocents means that nobody even bothers considering your ideas.

You are incapable of understanding that what you claim are "facts" aren't; further more, that your support for the murder of innocents means that nobody even bothers considering your ideas.

109 violent verses are a fact. Jihad means holy war is a fact. TROP.jpg is a fact.

109 violent verses are a fact. Jihad means holy war is a fact. View attachment 67214486 is a fact.

And you never quote the "109 violent verses" in context. Out of your 30370 terror attacks, how many were against other Muslims? ReligionofPeace.com is an Islamophobic site which lies, distorts and in general engenders hatred of Muslims among the ignorant and fearful.

And you never quote the "109 violent verses" in context. Out of your 30370 terror attacks, how many were against other Muslims? ReligionofPeace.com is an Islamophobic site which lies, distorts and in general engenders hatred of Muslims among the ignorant and fearful.

Read this.
TheReligionofPeace.com strongly condemns any attempt to harm or harass any Muslim anywhere in the world over their religion. Every human is entitled to be treated as an individual and judged only by his or her own words and deeds

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/site/about-site.aspx

No one uses the term "self-radicalization" with any other faith or attaches an "ism" to the end (Islamism) to project false hope that the "real thing" is something other than what it appears. Islam is the only ideology, religious or otherwise, in which critics are bullied into silence and told they have a "phobia."

Last edited:

the website owners and posters are simply trying to cover their asses of that time when one of their readers goes off the deep end and starts shooting some brown-skinned people

Yeah, yeah. Read this
Trump national security adviser wants to avoid term 'radical Islamic terrorism', sources say
HR McMaster felt phrase castigates ‘an entire religion’ and indicated ‘he’s not on board’ – a contrast with the president and many key staff members

A participant, paraphrasing McMaster, said: “He said he doesn’t want to call it radical Islamic terrorism because the terrorists are, quote, ‘un-Islamic’.”

McMaster, the participant said, indicated that the phrase castigates “an entire religion” and “he’s not on board”.

Really? You think agents forcefully questioning a blond haired, white skinned 70 year old woman are doing their job?

They aren't allowed to profile, so 70 year old blond ladies are probably going to be stopped more often than somebody who looks like most of the terrorists look however ridiculous most of us think that is.

And did it state where she was flying from?

109 violent verses are a fact. Jihad means holy war is a fact. View attachment 67214486 is a fact.

Yeah, your favorite site doesn't impress me.

Jihad also refers an internal struggle within oneself against sin.

But I'm not suprised a person like you doesn't grasp the idea of nuance.

the website owners and posters are simply trying to cover their asses of that time when one of their readers goes off the deep end and starts shooting some brown-skinned people

Yeah, yeah. Read this

I wouldn't be surprised if he is playing Islams game. And please supply one hateful quote from that sites literature.

Yeah, your favorite site doesn't impress me.

Jihad also refers an internal struggle within oneself against sin.

But I'm not suprised a person like you doesn't grasp the idea of nuance.

It breaks down to 4% of the verses about jihad. The other 96% involve violence or talk of violence used to advance Islam politically.

Moderator's Warning:
Here's the topic, "Australian children's author Mem Fox detained by US border control". Focus on the topic of this thread or start your own thread if you wish to have off topic conversations and stop derailing this one any further. Thanks.

I don't have the information at hand, but CBC reported yesterday that people are withdrawing applications and in one case a group of students on an intern program at Boeing tore up their papers.

This stupid show of force by a madman has hurt the United States in ways you won't know for years to come. Neither the US nor Canada are producing enough high tech people to fill jobs. At the other end of the scale the US does not have enough low end, entry level workers. That will be cut off by Trump's wall and the high end people are already looking elsewhere. The EU is nervous about anything...so that leaves Canada, Australia, South America and Asia where the big brain big money jobs will go.

Back
Top Bottom