• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Asian Privilege

Oh, you cannot be bothered to read ?

Here you go :

"The first report that caused some consternation in the IQ blogosphere indicated that black African pupils were apparently catching up with British white pupils on their GCSE tests and that in fact, they had already overtaken them at the lower end: the poor black kids were now performing better than poor white kids (The Guardian, 2010). Hereditarian psychometricians and scholars from Jensen to Gottfredson, Lynn, Rushton, et al had after all declared that IQ predicted test scores on all kinds of tests since a common factor of intelligence, g, was highly robust."
No, You couldn't be bothered to read it, and you cannot be bothered to really debate, as you have PC Politics, Not intellectual interest.

OTOH, I am not only fluent, but have referred to my previous post on this board alone.
Race/subspecies is just part of the Evolution debate for me.
On one pole we have Religious creationists who deny Evo...
on the other Pole we have 'Liberal Creationist' deniers who insist Evo stopped 200,000 years ago with the appearance of H sapiens.
They're both rather comical and equally blind.

Your posts are Empty BS and you know it.
NO chance you even read the LONG article you linked, you just liked the title, and now, Forced again, excerpt a tiny piece near the beginning.
It's obvious from your frivolous little posts there's no chance you spent half an hour reading that article.

Do you think your new excerpt (I forced you to cough up) proves there is no white/black IQ gap?
It doesn't even claim that.
And again, I posted TONS of meat and logic on the last page you haven't even touched on THE TOPIC, ASIANS.
Ooops!

mbig said:
...Further, I see no reason why after 5 or more generations after slavery, 'blacks' have lower IQs if they are/were indeed equal. Your goofy rationale.
Asians have been plenty persecuted in THIS country (and colonialized without) yet still have higher IQs.

And in fact, [African American] 'Black' is not a Race, but a fairly recent admixture.
Which is why they have app 85 IQs: midway between the Euro 100 and sub-Saharan 70.
So along with the Brutality that was Slavery, we can see something that actually re-enforces Race and IQ.

Political Hacks always get offended and think race is a Black/White issue. (and imagine some unjustified cop shooting)
Anything at all?
Nope.
WHIFF.
1. The whole string/OP income curve just reflects Race and IQ.
100% Predictable.
Take your pick
https://www.google.com/search?q=rac...z5TMAhWG1h4KHdzvCRIQ_AUICCgC&biw=1355&bih=577

2. Asians, 4% of the USA population, are 16.5% of the Ivy League, and only that 'low' because of reverse discrimination against them.
A previous debate on this
http://www.debatepolitics.com/asia/...ing-than-everyone-else-10.html#post1061887576

3. At super-school Cal Tech, where there are no quotas/'holistic admissions,' Asians are 40%, and blacks (13% of the population) are only 1% of that school.
Again:
http://www.debatepolitics.com/asia/...ing-than-everyone-else-10.html#post1061889741
THAT is what America looks like: 'The Bell Curve', of course.

4. What about Racism against Asians?
Many brought here as Indentured Railway labor just as the Blacks were being freed from slavery.

Japanese interned and losing everything as late as WWII.
Their (unlike Africa) resourceLess country completely destroyed in 1945.
Look at them, or 'poor' China; or destroyed-in-1950s S Korea, Now. Look at sub-Saharan Africa.

How is it Asians have higher IQs than whites who 'discriminate' against them?
Higher IQs than the culture the test was originally designed for?
No matter the continent, or socioeconomic status, remarkably (er rather, predictably) the numbers come out the same.

5. In NYC High School competition, even poor Asians bury the competition:
Another previous:
http://www.debatepolitics.com/gener...-schools-fair-ny-city-punish-poor-asians.html

Demography is Destiny
Anything at all?
Nope.
WHIFF

Last edited:
No, You couldn't be bothered to read it, and you cannot be bothered to really debate, as you have PC Politics, Not intellectual interest.

OTOH, I am not only fluent, but have referred to my previous post on this board alone.
Race/subspecies is just part of the Evolution debate for me.
On one pole we have Religious creationists who deny Evo...
on the other Pole we have 'Liberal Creationist' deniers who insist Evo stopped 200,000 years ago with the appearance of H sapiens.
They're both rather comical and equally blind.

Your posts are Empty BS and you know it.
NO chance you even read the LONG article you linked, you just liked the title, and now, Forced again, excerpt a tiny piece near the beginning.
It's obvious from your frivolous little posts there's no chance you spent half an hour reading that article.

Do you think your new excerpt (I forced you to cough up) proves there is no white/black IQ gap?
It doesn't even claim that.
And again, I posted TONS of meat and logic on the last page you haven't even touched on THE TOPIC, ASIANS.
Ooops!

Anything at all?
Nope.
WHIFF.Anything at all?
Nope.
WHIFF

You go off on a pointless tangent about two, opposing strawmen, declare that i'm wrong without actually explaining why, and then regurgitate your own rhetoric.

I don't see any actual content to respond to.

The hell with White privilege, it's time the Liberals started whininng about Asian Privilege.

screen%20shot%202013-09-17%20at%201.22.26%20pm.png

If ever there was proof that racism is not what's holding people down, that graph is it. Success in the US takes brains, work ethic, impulse control and a dedication to education---the right kind of education, not basket weaving or some cultural studies victimology bull****.

See here's the difference:

Supposedly white privilege means everyone else heeds my race and treats me better.

Successful Asians just work their ****ing asses off and put a profitable education path and career above EVERYTHING ELSE.

Obviously there are many highly intelligent Black people and some really stupid Asians. So, nothing is 100%. But, when you look at IQ measurement of Cameroon and compare it to that of Singapore, the conclusion becomes pretty obvious.

But, liberals hate to admit the obvious. So, I understand.

:shock:

Do you realize the difference in comparing Singapore to Cameroon to begin with? You make it entirely about race just to say people of African decent are not as intelligent as everybody else.

I find it telling that you leave individual responsibility and cultural mores out of the equation.

Both of those things are probably the foundational factors that allowed Singapore to build a world-class educational system, which is what I was hinting at all along.

To one of your items, responsible governance is a result of cultural mores, not the other way around. You can't have responsible governance if the people don't want it and/or aren't cooperative.

The phrase "responsible governance" is an oxymoron. I also find Jared Diamond's thesis in "Guns, Germs, and Steel" to better explain why certain nations and groups of people have more wealth than others.

Vietnamese (Asians for those who don't know) came here with nothing on ****ing boats. Didn't stop them. Chinese were slaves building railroads, didn't stop them.

How many generations ago was that? When the Irish and Italians were coming in droves, they were poor and faced prejudice. The first generations of immigrants are usually the poorest generation. The Irish Catholics have since been accepted into Protestant America, and the Italians eventually became accepted as being white. Most Americans also think of Jewish people as white, despite a lot ethnic diversity, but when anti-Semitism was more common Jews weren't considered white.

As I said before, it's all called benevolent racism. You look at Asians Americans as better than everybody else, instead of looking at the big picture (all Asian people worldwide, and the immigrant experience overall).

:shock:

Do you realize the difference in comparing Singapore to Cameroon to begin with? You make it entirely about race just to say people of African decent are not as intelligent as everybody else.

There are vast differences between people of various races. Denying that is just PC bull****.

Obviously there are many highly intelligent Black people and some really stupid Asians. So, nothing is 100%. But, when you look at IQ measurement of Cameroon and compare it to that of Singapore, the conclusion becomes pretty obvious.

But, liberals hate to admit the obvious. So, I understand.

Make a guess. How would the IQ test results of white high school students in Seattle compare with white high school students in, say, Greenwood Mississippi.

There are vast differences between people of various races. Denying that is just PC bull****.

As someone has already pointed out, there are more differences amongst African people than between all other 'races.'

Furthermore, as I've already pointed out, the obvious selective pressures on external traits such as skin colour do not automatically correspond to less overt characteristics: And in fact intelligence specifically is always a selective advantage.

Denying these two facts is just scientifically illiterate bigotry.

Last edited:

You're engaging in ignorance to justify your prejudice. You don't see anything wrong with comparing Singapore to Cameroon to argue black people are intellectually inferior... :lol: ... Somebody else has tried talking to you about actual facts, but you choose ignorance over facts. That's your prejudice.

Make a guess. How would the IQ test results of white high school students in Seattle compare with white high school students in, say, Greenwood Mississippi.

White, American-born students whose parents didn't move there from other parts of the country to work in high tech? Probably comparable.

You're engaging in ignorance to justify your prejudice. You don't see anything wrong with comparing Singapore to Cameroon to argue black people are intellectually inferior... :lol: ... Somebody else has tried talking to you about actual facts, but you choose ignorance over facts. That's your prejudice.

Sit in a student union and watch a table of whites, one of blacks and one of Asians.Take notes as you observe behavior. There are distinct differences. Saying otherwise is PC BS.

There is a radio station here in socal. In the morning there is a guy named bill Handel. I heard him say one day that he has a friend that is a college professor. The professor told bill that he tells his non Asian students to drop the class on the first day if it looks like 50% or more of the class is Asian. This is because a non Asian doesn't have a chance in hell of passing on the curve.

If I had a professor tell me that and then grade me on a curve I would own his ass by the finals week

Racial discrimination is illegal, and that includes combinations of policies that have the practical effect of discrimination even if they're not openly so. What that professor is describing is illegal as hell and by telling people that openly he's made the plaintiffs case for them

Sit in a student union and watch a table of whites, one of blacks and one of Asians.Take notes as you observe behavior. There are distinct differences. Saying otherwise is PC BS.

Same goes for city councils. Norfolk and Portsmouth (Virginia) are excellent examples of making emotional decisions................ over reasoning based on analysis.

I have had at least a few hundred palm to forehead moments listening to these imbeciles.

As someone has already pointed out, there are more differences amongst African people than between all other 'races.'

Furthermore, as I've already pointed out, the obvious selective pressures on external traits such as skin colour do not automatically correspond to less overt characteristics: And in fact intelligence specifically is always a selective advantage.

Denying these two facts is just scientifically illiterate bigotry.
Say what you want, believe it too. But, IQ measurememts and global poverty rates say different. Poorest countries, highest crime, low life expectancy, and bottom tier intelligence...guess what color.

Say what you want, believe it too. But, IQ measurememts and global poverty rates say different. Poorest countries, highest crime, low life expectancy, and bottom tier intelligence...guess what color.

Most sub-Saharan African countries share features of a colonial history and current poverty, yes, and consequently malnutrition and poor education.

What they do not share is very similar genetics (relative to the rest of humanity).

So if they share a feature of low scores in formal IQ testing, what is the most likely common cause?

Honestly, not sure why I re-entered this discussion. You've got your preconceived degrading/negative opinions of people with more melanin in their skin, justified them to yourself on the flimsiest of pretexts, and as we've already seen no amount of reasonable discussion will get you out of your quagmire of bigotry.

Honestly, not sure why I re-entered this discussion. You've got your preconceived degrading/negative opinions of people with more melanin in their skin, justified them to yourself on the flimsiest of pretexts, and as we've already seen no amount of reasonable discussion will get you out of your quagmire of bigotry.

Raw hard data from the UK, no strange professors with an agenda up their sleeve.

~ So if they share a feature of low scores in formal IQ testing, what is the most likely common cause?

Sadly, you'll find the heroes where a lot of these stats came from used questionable and incomplete testing methods but more damning than this - a measure which changes and can be changed so easily (by teaching / nutrition / environment) is no measure whatsoever. America's IQ average in 1900 was 67 and now it's 100+ whereas presumably for millenia before that there would have been little change.

Funny thing is, most Asian cultures that do well in these tests don't rate the idea of innate IQ superiority: they rate hard work and commitment to education more.

Raw hard data from the UK, no strange professors with an agenda up their sleeve.

Very interesting, thanks. A few points of interest for those who won't bother to look:

> Figure 8: By far the biggest variable in play seems to be students' eligibility for a free school meal (FSM); presumably indicating poverty, perhaps an under-stimulating environment and poor nutrition
> Figure 12: White students eligible for FSM perform comparatively poorly, but reasonably well overall perhaps in part because...
> Figure 15: White students have comparatively low eligibility rates for FSMs; the consistently highest-achieving groups (Indian and Chinese) have the lowest eligibility rates for FSMs

UKSchool1.jpg

UKSchool2.jpg

UKSchool3.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Certificate_of_Secondary_Education
The General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) is an academically rigorous, internationally recognised qualification awarded in a specified subject, generally taken in a number of subjects by pupils in secondary education in England, Wales and Northern Ireland over two years (three years in certain schools).

The graph is simply reinfocing white acceptance and benevolent racism many white Americans feel towards that entire ethnic group. If you actually go to east Asia, you'll see there are poor farmers, laborers, people involved in petty street crime, people involved in organized crime, etc. Asians are not running to America in the form of refugees, and it's hard to immigrate to America. Americans let the best in, hence, you have highly educated Asians. You also have very highly educated and wealthy Arabs and west Asians practicing medicine, science, and technology. There is a high percentage of doctors from the middle east, but because there is also a influx of poor refugees the Syrians, Indians, etc. aren't seen as beneficial to America.
Well, what the chart represents to me is the incredible stupidity of US affirmative action, census, and racial profiling policies. As you indicate, there is no such thing as an Asian race and throwing together ethnic Turks, Persians, Arabs, Mongols, Kinh (Viet), Lao, Korean, etc. into one group does nothing and means nothing. But, hey, if that what we want to do, cram people into segregated "racial" groups and try to modify public policy to assist such groups fine. I suppose that there are struggling Burman-American or Thai American immigrants who can't get ahead because they are lumped in with high achieving Chinese Americans. But since "Asian Americans" do well there won' be any programs to assist them.

Back
Top Bottom