• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Women Not As Sensitive As Men?

The workplace is hit or miss. If people are happy about their job and want to be there then there's a general positive vibe. If on the other hand you're in the Amazon warehouse sorting packages, no one will want to talk to you.

The workplace is hit or miss. If people are happy about their job and want to be there then there's a general positive vibe. If on the other hand you're in the Amazon warehouse sorting packages, no one will want to talk to you.
Or have time to.

You should learn more about women. We are guarded around men we don't know and have every reason to be. It's a strange dance when you get to know a man. Is he nice, respectable, and safe? Women can be a man's partner, yes, but they can also be his victim. We do not have blind trust in men, we can't afford to.
I could meet who I think is the nicest guy in the world, go on a date, and be date rapped. Do you ever worry about that as a man? I could get into a relationship with a man I think is wonderful and stimulating and he could end up abusing me. It's a hit-or-miss game for women, and we use our best judgment but sometimes that isn't enough.

So yes, women are guarded. We are sizing you up from the minute we are interested. It's a shame, but can't be helped. Men can be dangerous to women.

Take it slow, develop friendships, be forthright, and be honest. When a woman trusts you, you will then see a difference. If you appear in a rush, that is a bad signal. It's suspicious and won't get you very far.

I like to think of the two sexes as animals. Dogs, and Cats. When you approach a dog, depending on its size and demeanor you take precautions. It could potentially hurt you. When you approach a cat, it usually takes those cautions with you, because you could hurt it.

Trust is essential. So just concentrate on building trust. This is of course just my take on it as a woman and one who talks to a lot of women about relationships.

A great place to meet up with people is hobby-related clubs, sports clubs, and entertainment clubs. Join some, and become friends with everyone there. Sharing interests will help break down that wall. :)

Like at work, it's a sausage fest, so I will go to the other side of the building to look for females to talk to. Or I will talk with the secretary for some time.

Or, I volunteer, and the women will talk only amongst themselves. But I approach they will go silent and just fiddle around-if you will.

If you are going across the building to talk to women, and they are being cold would indicate they don't want to talk to you and don't want to give you encouragement. So that you don't think they are interested. At a bar they would say get away from me I have a boyfriend. At work they have to be more polite

OH BROTHER! :rolleyes:

There isn't any such thing as outside ugly, but there is such a thing as inside ugly.

The happiest couple I have ever known, were both "ugly" by that definition, but everyone who knew them envied them.

Maybe the issue isn't outside attractiveness (beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all) but when a woman meets a guy who blames women for all his shortcomings and labels them all as not being this or that, man oh man, if I were a woman - THAT DEFINITELY WOULD BE A TURNOFF.

Yikes! You go to the other side of the building at work with the explicit intent of "finding females to talk to", and the females you find seem uncomfortable and want you to leave?

This sounds very much like something YOU are doing and not a problem with the 3.5 billion women as a whole. For starters, women don't like being put into one big fictional group you can make condescending judgements about. I suggest you start there.
And one wonders why women are repelled by them :rolleyes:

A great place to meet up with people is hobby-related clubs, sports clubs, and entertainment clubs. Join some, and become friends with everyone there. Sharing interests will help break down that wall. :)
I agree with a lot of what you said, but I do do the hobby related clubs, such as running, and they still act aloof. I am far from dangerous or abusive. In fact, the relationships I did have, awhile ago, I was the one being gas light and abused and cheated on. I decided to stop dating for some time, still don't kinda want to. But I am starting to notice that women are not as friendly to me as they used to. I can't talk to women my age with them never bringing up their kids. It's annoying, I want kids, but not with someone that already has them.

Something feels very off lately. I can't find a female that is sensitive. It's like they are all emotionless to me. I guess that's their way of calling me ugly? I know I'm ugly. Not a lot that can be done to reverse that. But every conversation with them feels unemotive. Like we're robots doing dialogue, but it's noticeable the short responses, the head lowered, the eyes looking away. This is coming from a lot of women from random interactions that are non-threatening, etc. Women just feel like they are not curious nor sensitive. Anything?
My cousin raised a sheep to compete in the state fair decades ago. One day, I reached out to pet it, and she said, don't do that. It makes them less sensitive. Need to keep them perky for competition. Could be something similar. ;)

Do you mean lying about my age and pretending I'm only 84?

No, but you could get away with saying you're 49. If they're not buying it, tell them you got the numbers the wrong way 'round.

I could meet who I think is the nicest guy in the world, go on a date, and be date rapped.

That happens to men too. Rapping while on a date is not acceptable!

It's nothing more than when I get bored at work. I go talk to random people, see where things can go. I talk with men too.

This sounds like an excuse.

I'm no pick up artist, but I think you have to acknowledge the pecking order that women in their branch of the business have. If you're giving the most attention (and subtle flattery) to the youngest woman there, you're very likely going against the pecking order. If you're ranking them by attractiveness, then you're probably up against the real pecking order. And even if you're ranking them by intelligence: ranking at work has very little to do with that.

No, but you could get away with saying you're 49. If they're not buying it, tell them you got the numbers the wrong way 'round.

That happens to men too. Rapping while on a date is not acceptable!
It does, and it's not, but the number of females raped dwarfs that of men, and men are the most likely to rape other men too.
It's enough to make you act differently when you meet someone new is my point.

It does, and it's not, but the number of females raped dwarfs that of men, and men are the most likely to rape other men too.
It's enough to make you act differently when you meet someone new is my point.

It's like you don't know me at all. Most of my jokes are basically puns.

Men are definitely the whiny butts...big babies, for sure...if they had to go through half the things women go through, it would kill them...😭

It is very sad to see men in such obvious pain. And sad to realize that their pain is likely to continue for a long time because they so clearly don't understand some very basic facts about living in modern times. And they are not likely to understand any time soon. And there's nothing anyone in 1000 internet threads or can do to help the men understand.

It's just something the guys will have to figure out on their own after making the same awkward mistakes a few hundred more times.

Something feels very off lately. I can't find a female that is sensitive. It's like they are all emotionless to me. I guess that's their way of calling me ugly? I know I'm ugly. Not a lot that can be done to reverse that. But every conversation with them feels unemotive. Like we're robots doing dialogue, but it's noticeable the short responses, the head lowered, the eyes looking away. This is coming from a lot of women from random interactions that are non-threatening, etc. Women just feel like they are not curious nor sensitive. Anything?
Got 'Lume'?

It is very sad to see men in such obvious pain. And sad to realize that their pain is likely to continue for a long time because they so clearly don't understand some very basic facts about living in modern times.

Nothing modern about it. The man recipe is the same it's always been:
"If you can't be pretty, be scary; but always be cool."

Men are definitely the whiny butts...big babies, for sure...if they had to go through half the things women go through, it would kill them...😭

Your signature pic violates the 'no more than 3 fonts on one page' rule. Egregiously so: I count six fonts for just 11 words.

Your signature pic violates the 'no more than 3 fonts on one page' rule. Egregiously so: I count six fonts for just 11 words.
lol...if that were true, it would tell me that when I hit save and not allow me to save it...

Back
Top Bottom