• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are white conservatives being hypocritical about "illegal" immigration?

What do you think of conservative hypocrisy over immigration?

• I believe that it is offensive, disgusting, and racist

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I don't mind it, and I will explain my reasoning in post down the page

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
so you think you can be racist as long as you deny being one? you think your the first one to think of this or something?

I think if you call someone a racist you should be able to easily prove it.

And the Nazi card is played...

Charges of racism have been leveled by you.

Support or retract.

You should know by now, he flies away when confronted just like his avatar.

That explains a lot about you, so what happened?

Absolutely nothing. Turtledude loves spouting racist lies, and has made up an imaginary story just to stoke his sense of hatred towards people of color.

The gop loves to harp about deporting "undocumented" "illegal aliens"

However, they completely ignore the fact that their ancestors, the Pilgrims and other white settlers, were also undocumented immigrants who had no visas or legal rights to settle in the New World

In fact, while modern undocumented aliens are often very hard workers and upstanding, law abiding citizens, the early white settlers did nothing but steal land which rightfully belonged to the Natives by force, and committed one of the worst genocides in history in the process.

I find the right wing view of "securing our borders" as pure and unbridled hypocrisy.

Take things out of historical context much?

Which Natives would that be? You do realize different tribes fought over land?

How about you do a test for us. Cross into Mexico without permission. Sneak across the border. Can you guess how that will work out for you when your caught?
Better yet, sneak into China. No passport, No Visa. They will welcome you with open arms.

Your opinion is noted. So is the slanted bias how you set your poll questions.

not just you but everyone who wants to build a wall between the usa and mexico, start talking about building a wall between the US and canada and maybe I'll beleive you, until then all your doing is scapegoating brown people

i bet youve never even met an immigrant

I don't want to build a wall so try again. I prefer to encourage illegals to leave of their own volition which is kinda hard for them to do if there's a wall between us and where they want to go, be it north, south, east or west.

As for meeting an immigrant, I've met lots. I've also met illegal aliens. I even worked with several on a tree farm. Good people. Worked harder than most people on that farm. Doesn't mean that they should be here illegally though.

See dimensionallava, this is your problem. You ASSume far more than what you should. That's what happens when you come at people with preconceived notions. It makes everything you say look and sound stupid because invariably it's wrong. Open your mind up a bit. You might be surprised at just how much people are not what you assume them to be.

However, they completely ignore the fact that their ancestors, the Pilgrims and other white settlers, were also undocumented immigrants who had no visas or legal rights to settle in the New World

In fact, while modern undocumented aliens are often very hard workers and upstanding, law abiding citizens, the early white settlers did nothing but steal land which rightfully belonged to the Natives by force, and committed one of the worst genocides in history in the process.

I find the right wing view of "securing our borders" as pure and unbridled hypocrisy.

So your argument against controlling immigration is to bring up an instance were unmitigated immigration resulted in mass genocide? Which side of the argument are you supporting here again?

In fact, while modern undocumented aliens are often very hard workers and upstanding, law abiding citizens,
They aren't law abiding. They're breaking the law by being here.

No it's not hypocritical, it's the job of policy makers to not piss on policy.

nor is it racist, illegal status isn't a race.

I'm sure plenty of native-American tribes had laws against being systematically murdered and having their land and property stolen, yet that didn't stop us. We are a nation of immigrants and we always have been. It's kind of hard to take the moral high-ground when our ancestors paved over the local governments and peoples to implement our own, which you're now using as justification of what's morally right and wrong.

"It was morally just when we immigrated here, now anyone else who comes does so unjustly and illegally."

You are talking about people in the 18 and 19 century with totally different views on morality than we have today, and I am not responsible for my ancestors actions whether good or bad, I am only responsible for my own actions now, so judging yours or my ancestors today is rubbish

I'm also not clear how anyone's stance on immigration as it relates to what the English did 400 years ago makes one a "hypocrite", unless someone in the GOP today was one of the people who left oppressive England in 1625 and is now saying "It's bad to leave your oppressive country and come to the USA".

Well you do have plenty of people saying its illegal for states to declare independence. Thats a bit hypocritical.

It's hilarious how rednecks will fly the confederate flag, and then bash others for being "anti-american," when they fly the flag of the largest case of treason to the us in history.

I served alongside one dumb hick who had the rebel flag posted all over her facebook, alongside usual cringeworthy "patriotic" stuff like pictures of soldiers and cowboys. She was just as stupid as you imagine.

Again, quite consistent. The colonies were traitors to England. Abolishing tyranical govts is enshrined in our founding.

It's insane that someone supposedly Chinese does not know why the great wall was built.....

Why? He doesn't seem to know much of anything.

Again, quite consistent. The colonies were traitors to England. Abolishing tyranical govts is enshrined in our founding.

Was the American government "tyrannical"? No? Then your inference goes bye-bye.

Besides, rebellions are only legal if they succeed. If they don't succeed, then it's treason...and the Confederacy was indeed the greatest case of treason in American history.

What on Earth does that have to do with this thread and my post?

Just saying that while immigration may not be relevant there are plenty of people on the anti-illegal immigration side who are hypocritical about other things. They pick and choose their freedoms.

Was the American government "tyrannical"? No? Then your inference goes bye-bye.

Besides, rebellions are only legal if they succeed. If they don't succeed, then it's treason...and the Confederacy was indeed the greatest case of treason in American history.

Yes, it was. Then my inference is valid.

Rebellion is not a legality issue. Legality requires consent.

Going way, way back aren't you?

The truth is, most of us would love to have open borders where people are welcomed at the gate with a basket of muffins and a super big hug. But the reality is, we can't afford it right now. We have problems housing, educating and taking general care of the people who already live here. We aren't monsters because we want to make sure this country doesn't take in more than it can handle. Going back to the time of the dinosaur is just really stretching reality a bit if you ask me.

Going way, way back aren't you?

The truth is, most of us would love to have open borders where people are welcomed at the gate with a basket of muffins and a super big hug. But the reality is, we can't afford it right now. We have problems housing, educating and taking general care of the people who already live here. We aren't monsters because we want to make sure this country doesn't take in more than it can handle. Going back to the time of the dinosaur is just really stretching reality a bit if you ask me.

Why would anyone with half a brain want that? The whole idea of citizenship is that it has to be worth something. You have to want to be a worthwhile part of the society. If you're not willing to work for it, if it isn't worth doing some hard work to achieve, then what value does it have? If we take every schlub who wanders across the border, what's the point of having a country at all? You end up with people with no stake whatsoever in the good of the country. If they can just wander in, they can just wander out again after they've sucked us dry. I'd rather we be a bit more concerned in taking people who are good for us, not in giving out free stuff to all comers. This used to be the land of opportunity, now it's the land of handouts.

Back
Top Bottom