• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are the Media Gaslighting the USA?

The DHS can't make a statement like that because they haven't had an opportunity to investigate.
One way to do that is by comparing hand count results to the Dominion/Smartmatic machine count. (this is the one that makes it mathematically very possible)
While the hand count is being conducted they can also discard any ballots that were counted that violate the State Laws of whatever State's ballots are being counted.
Did the DHS do either of those things? I know they didn't do the 1st and it ain't likely they did the 2nd.
Did you know that the Georgia SofS had an agreement with Tracey Abrams's org (why she still would matter to him I can't imagine) that the registration sig doesn't have to match the sig on the mail-in ballot/envelope?

If there is evidence, they will investigate. You can't simply come up with a narrative that doesn't have any supporting evidence and then say that since it can't be disproven, we should assume it's true until it is disproven.

The right wing propaganda machine has created the most misinformed group in America

If there is evidence, they will investigate. You can't simply come up with a narrative that doesn't have any supporting evidence and then say that since it can't be disproven, we should assume it's true until it is disproven.
You can't assume it's true without evidence.
Did I say anything different?

You can't assume it's true without evidence.
Did I say anything different?

You are assuming the Trump narrative of a rigged election is true and hunting for evidence to corroborate it. You should assume it's false until such time as evidence presents itself.

You are assuming the Trump narrative of a rigged election is true and hunting for evidence to corroborate it. You should assume it's false until such time as evidence presents itself.
No I'm not assuming it's true and I've said so from the start.
But one thing I've observed ... it seems the less people know about it the more certain they seem to be.

No I'm not assuming it's true and I've said so from the start.
But one thing I've observed ... it seems the less people know about it the more certain they seem to be.

I have observed that as well. There isn't much homework being done on accusations being leveled by the president before they are being spread around as if they are somehow evidence in themselves.

I have observed that as well. There isn't much homework being done on accusations being leveled by the president before they are being spread around as if they are somehow evidence in themselves.
I don't know for certain, but I suspect that Trump has more of an inside track on what Powell and her team has uncovered than either of us do.

It was done openly so it's okay? Such childlike reasoning in an adult is intriguing.
Judge Alito says it's not okay.
And yes. It is part of what Trump and his people have been saying in public.
One other thing ... remember the name "Dominion" in the coming weeks.

Remember the name Diebold?

I don't know for certain, but I suspect that Trump has more of an inside track on what Powell and her team has uncovered than either of us do.

Why would you suspect this? He says this kind of thing all the time, and it never turns out to be true. Remember the Hunter Biden laptop thing? What the hell happened to that?

Trump is a liar and a narcissist who is not afraid to spread misinformation in order to prevent himself from looking stupid or revealing that he was wrong. This isn't an opinion. This is proven fact. Why would you assume someone like this knows some secret information that is counter to the experts, when every other time he claimed this he has never backed it up and always turned out to be lying?

Let's first define the term:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/gaslighting

That is the basic definition when applied to a specific case. I suggest that this applies to our entire society when practiced by the class of political and wealthy elite insiders known colloquially as "The Swamp" who control the Main Stream Media, Big Tech, and government agencies. Especially when acting in conjunction to persuade the general population that down is up, and vice versa.

For example, here are a couple of interesting articles on the subject:

Currently we are being "gaslighted" by the MSM, which has "called" the election for Joe Biden. This despite the fact that there have been challenges in six or seven States regarding the voting results...AND that as of today (11/11/20) NONE of the results have been certified.

Ladies and gentlemen, the MSM does not decide who wins. NO, that is done by election rules and starts only after each State's voting tallies have been certified. Even then, it remains for the Electoral College to actually VOTE. BTW, anyone recall all those efforts back in 2016 to encourage unfaithful electors?

Moreover, doesn't anyone also recall that in 2000 Al Gore (whom I voted for) did not concede the election until 12/13/2000? That was with only one state in question. Currently we have issues with six or seven State results.

Or that several Democrat leaders "advised" Mr. Biden prior to this election NOT to concede (some stating under any circumstances) if the vote went Trump's way?

Yet now we are being told in no uncertain terms that Joe Biden has won this election, and that anyone who disagrees is either blinded by partisanship, or just "a crazy person."

The MSM is not telling us the truth. They haven't been doing so for years. The fact that so many people have bought into the never-ending gaslighting efforts appalls me.

My own support of President Trump came slowly over time back in 2016, as I personally reviewed the MSM allegations of racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia, etc.. Simply go back to that period in the Forum and you will find how I personally debunked 90% of those reports as misinformation/disinformation efforts.

This has not stopped since. Studies provided in the past have shown the MSM has lied, misrepresented, and otherwise been deceiving the general public more often and to greater effect than ever before. Just look to the examples of the Covington Kids, and more recently the assertion of "mostly peaceful protests." That last trying to conflate tiny, unreported gatherings in small towns as a balance to the massive violence occurring day and night in major cities around the nation.

Wake up to the truth folks, we are still being gaslighted on a major scale regarding this election. Why? IMO because if it turns out that Trump actually won, it would lead to such violence that our nation might never recover.

Tell me the truth. Did you smoke weed before writing the above. It sounds like it and I mean it with no disrespect. You seem to be distorting and amplifying an anxiety over things you feel you can not control by giving the anxiety a name and shape and giving it power over you. Again I am not psychoanalyzing but when people write conspiracy theories that's what they do and cannabis or Covid 19 can bring that on. Come on man you are creating a Satan out of the press. Its your creation. You created it. The average journalist is a shmuck making a living controlled by some pimple faced editor with no agenda other than getting an immediate reaction and keeping up with competitors for ratings. There's no conspiracy just people wanting viewers for sponsors. You give far too much credit to a press that long ago was exposed for what it was. Fake news or conspiracy news is a Trump tactic he used to demonize not just the press but anyone who did not agree with him. You want to buy into that? Really? You think the press manipulates you and not Trump? Yah yah.

Why would you suspect this? He says this kind of thing all the time, and it never turns out to be true. Remember the Hunter Biden laptop thing? What the hell happened to that?

Trump is a liar and a narcissist who is not afraid to spread misinformation in order to prevent himself from looking stupid or revealing that he was wrong. This isn't an opinion. This is proven fact. Why would you assume someone like this knows some secret information that is counter to the experts, when every other time he claimed this he has never backed it up and always turned out to be lying?
Hold on. Are you really arguing the Hunter Biden laptop story?

You mean the fictional crap that fake Lawyer Rudy pushed before the fake fraud story came along?

It really is hard to follow all the bullshit that the Right falls for these days. lol..par for the course. They did vote for the biggest con man in US history, after all.

I'm comparing it to the election fraud story. It is clearly a bogus story being deliberately pushed by a president incapable of admitting defeat.

I'm comparing it to the election fraud story. It is clearly a bogus story being deliberately pushed by a president incapable of admitting defeat.
You should know the Hunter Biden story wasn't bogus. Confirmation all over the place. Look it up.

You should know the Hunter Biden story wasn't bogus. Confirmation all over the place. Look it up.

Yes it is bogus. There is no confirmation. There are only Republican provocateurs assuring you that the confirmation does exist, but that it must remain secret for some reason that you don't need to be aware of.

You have been bamboozled by GOP propaganda, and I doubt this was the first time. It was all a ruse to try to siphon votes away from Joe Biden. That's why the proof that was promised never materialized. There was none.

Yes it is bogus. There is no confirmation. There are only Republican provocateurs assuring you that the confirmation does exist, but that it must remain secret for some reason that you don't need to be aware of.

You have been bamboozled by GOP propaganda, and I doubt this was the first time. It was all a ruse to try to siphon votes away from Joe Biden. That's why the proof that was promised never materialized. There was none.

Amen!

The FBI has the laptop and there has been corroboration from a real live person.

The FBI has the laptop and there has been corroboration from a real live person.

And?

What is the real live persons name?

What did they allegedly corroborate?

What is the status of the laptop with the FBI?

Will Hunter Biden withdraw from the presidential election since the FBI allegedly has his lap top?

Inquiring minds want to know.

:ROFLMAO:

And?

What is the real live persons name?

What did they allegedly corroborate?

What is the status of the laptop with the FBI?

Will Hunter Biden withdraw from the presidential election since the FBI allegedly has his lap top?

Inquiring minds want to know.

If you actually had an inquiring mind you'd already have your answers.
You don't so you don't.

Oh okay.
Just this one time but don't expect me to hold your hand every time you refuse to pay attention.

You don't so you don't.

Oh okay.
Just this one time but don't expect me to hold your hand every time you refuse to pay attention.

Oh, that alleged "real live person".

Prove to me that Bobulinski is a real live person.

Not that anything about the alleged Hunter Biden laptop BS will change the fact that Joe Biden won and will be inaugurated as President on January 20th next.

You don't so you don't.

Oh okay.

Here I thought you were holding my hand just because you liked me.

You don't so you don't.

Oh okay.
Joe teamed up with Antifa, The Resistance and The Deep State to steal the election! How could you let this happen? Get ready to live with Joe as POTUS!

62DaysToGo.jpg

Oh, that alleged "real live person".

Prove to me that Bobulinski is a real live person.

Not that anything about the alleged Hunter Biden laptop BS will change the fact that Joe Biden won and will be inaugurated as President on January 20th next.
He was interviewed on TV.
You're not looking good here.
This is one of those times when unfamiliarity wit a topic isn't helpful to you.

Back
Top Bottom