• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are dems in the Senate giving aid to the enemy by asking for a date for withdrawal?

Are the dems in the senate giving aid to the enemy by asking for a withdrawal date?

• Yes, the terrorists know all they have to do it wait us out then.

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • no, cut and run like we did in Nam is the best thing to do.

Votes: 21 38.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Oh, that's easy. The lefties in this country seek one thing only, to regain control of the White House and the Congress. If lies, distortions, and evasions are what they need to do this, then they'll lie, distort, and evade until it works.

They care about nothing else.

Thanks for summing me up so succinctly, Scarecrow. Now if you could only come over here and help me pick out my clothes for work on Monday. Maybe you can also pack my daughter's lunchbox and change the oil in my car, cause I just can't seem to care about anything but winning back that White House. :2mad:

You guys crack me up. If our beliefs are so antithetical to what most Americans believe and our only aim is winning back control of the White House and the Congress, then why wouldn't we be republicans? Wha? Wha?

mixedmedia said:
Thanks for summing me up so succinctly, Scarecrow. Now if you could only come over here and help me pick out my clothes for work on Monday. Maybe you can also pack my daughter's lunchbox and change the oil in my car, cause I just can't seem to care about anything but winning back that White House. :2mad:

You guys crack me up. If our beliefs are so antithetical to what most Americans believe and our only aim is winning back control of the White House and the Congress, then why wouldn't we be republicans? Wha? Wha?

Why couldn't you be a Republican? I said "lefty", didn't I?

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Why couldn't you be a Republican? I said "lefty", didn't I?

Maybe you don't understand what I said?

I only meant to say that if winning control of the Congress and White House were the only things we really cared about wouldn't it behoove us politically to behave more like republicans? Since obviously the national trend is towards republicanism at this time.

I think I'm going to go into the effigy business. America is ripe.

Re: Are dems in the Senate giving aid to the enemy by asking for a date for withdrawa

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Everyone of those pissant little nations believes their the world's best, and everyone one of them is fully aware of a flaw in their belief. The United States is better.
Good job! America is always better, no matter what, right? I consider this very stilted thinking, very narrow minded, and to be frank, very illustrative of the type of incorrect thinking that makes America the most hated nation in the world.

Throughout my life I've traveled to many countries, especially in the last 20 years spending more than 100 days each year outside of the USA doing business. I've met people from many different nations, visited their homes, met their families, seen how they live and what their mores are. I can clearly state beyond any doubt that people from all of these countries offer as much to the world on a daily basis that Americans do.

Simply put, there are bad Americans and good Americans. There are good French and bad. There are more good people than bad people in this world, and to write BS the "United States is better" is simply an arrogant form of ignorance IMHO.

mixedmedia said:

I only meant to say that if winning control of the Congress and White House were the only things we really cared about wouldn't it behoove us politically to behave more like republicans? Since obviously the national trend is towards republicanism at this time.

That is because the leaders in your party are not smart enough to do that.....To win elections your party needs to move to the center but instead it hires left wing whackos like Dean to lead your party.......It does not matter Republican or Democrat it means Moderate.......

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Oh, that's easy. The lefties in this country seek one thing only, to regain control of the White House and the Congress. If lies, distortions, and evasions are what they need to do this, then they'll lie, distort, and evade until it works.

They care about nothing else.

As for the rest of the world, they're yapping jackals at the heels of the lion, and seek nothing but to bring the US down so they can commence struggling amongst themselves for position. Everyone of those pissant little nations believes their the world's best, and everyone one of them is fully aware of a flaw in their belief. The United States is better.

I am not saying that all people from the left are that way but a huge percentage are..........They hate this president and are not over the 2000 elections........They want to regain political power over everything else and they know the only way they can do it if things go bad in this country and Iraq..........That is why the media and the left wing keep harping how bad things are here and in Iraq.........You never hear them say anything positive about anything......

It is a pretty pathetic stance to take but that is the way it is.......

I think the left wants to regain political power to save the United States from the failed policies of a president who has brought disastrous consequences down on America, through his arrogance, assumptions and contradictions.

Jan 20th, 2009 Hang in there, America!

Navy Pride said:
That is because the leaders in your party are not smart enough to do that.....To win elections your party needs to move to the center but instead it hires left wing whackos like Dean to lead your party.......It does not matter Republican or Democrat it means Moderate.......

hahahahahahahaha.....and you are a moderate?

I agree that moderation is the right path, but are you saying that you, many of the other posters on this thread and about 75% of your senators in Congress are moderates? Don't make me laugh - well too late for that I guess.

How many times have I heard, both on this forum and off that John McCain and Rudy Giuliani are too moderate to be elected republican presidents? A damn lot.

Fact is, democrats will never be centrist enough for you and those who share your political views. And I, for one, will never kowtow my principles for acceptance by conservatives who are too dense for a thoughtful consideration of my values.

This is more than the kettle calling the pot black. This is the kettle calling the pot a kettle.

No I am a stauch Conservative and proud of it.......I am no moderate but unlike the democratic party there are a lot of moderates in the Repuvlican Party..........

Re: Are dems in the Senate giving aid to the enemy by asking for a date for withdrawa

Navy Pride said:
No I am a stauch Conservative and proud of it.......I am no moderate but unlike the democratic party there are a lot of moderates in the Repuvlican Party..........

What is it you wish to conserve? Money? Power? The traditions of federalism, small government and honor?

Navy Pride said:

That's because anyone slightly to the left of Zell Miller is considered a leftist radical to you. There are many moderate democrats, too. Only, just like on your side, only the loudmouth loons get any attention.

mixedmedia said:

Well, no. You still possess whatever genetic defects it is that made you a Democrat in the first place, so you want to have political power and still be able say and believe the ridiculous things Democrats believe in, which is mainly that it takes a guy with a (D) after his name to be good and holy.

Other than their peculiar hang up on the letter thing, there's no real difference between Republicans and Democrats. The last 17 years proved that.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Well, no. You still possess whatever genetic defects it is that made you a Democrat in the first place, so you want to have political power and still be able say and believe the ridiculous things Democrats believe in, which is mainly that it takes a guy with a (D) after his name to be good and holy.

Other than their peculiar hang up on the letter thing, there's no real difference between Republicans and Democrats. The last 17 years proved that.

Wow, man, that's deep. :roll:

Save your prickly seduction for someone who gives a **** what you pretend to think, Scarecrow. I'm not biting.

26 X World Champs said:
Good job! America is always better, no matter what, right? I consider this very stilted thinking, very narrow minded, and to be frank, very illustrative of the type of incorrect thinking that makes America the most hated nation in the world.

Throughout my life I've traveled to many countries, especially in the last 20 years spending more than 100 days each year outside of the USA doing business. I've met people from many different nations, visited their homes, met their families, seen how they live and what their mores are. I can clearly state beyond any doubt that people from all of these countries offer as much to the world on a daily basis that Americans do.

Simply put, there are bad Americans and good Americans. There are good French and bad. There are more good people than bad people in this world, and to write BS the "United States is better" is simply an arrogant form of ignorance IMHO.

hmmm...so if America isn't better...why are you living here?

What, are you the only person with travel permits? I've been places too, and I live in Los Angeles because in my informed opinion the rest of the world sucks.

I could go to France, and become the best surrenderer. I could go to Germany, and practice hating America...until it comes time to close US bases....I've got daughters, clearly all nations dominated by that barbaric Islam are far far worse than here. I could go to Mexico, or places south, and my dollars would certainly stretch far, but why would I want to live in a place where the standard of living makes discussions of poverty in the United States absurd?

China, when they'll soon have a war with Taiwan, and maybe the US?

Japan's nice, but they're major racists and don't like white people.

Canada? Their health care "system" is a joke. What's left? Russia? Too unstable just yet, besides, too much commie heritage. Africa? Please. Europe? See my earlier comment about not going to places dominated by that barbaric cult of Islam.

New Zealand? Maybe as nice, but they've a strong pacifist streak that indicates internal weakness.

Australia is almost certainly nice, haven't been there. They got redwoods? What about Niagara Falls? Oh, that's right. Australia has Nemo. You're right, there is some place better than the US. :roll:

Navy Pride said:
I am not saying that all people from the left are that way but a huge percentage are..........They hate this president and are not over the 2000 elections........They want to regain political power over everything else and they know the only way they can do it if things go bad in this country and Iraq..........That is why the media and the left wing keep harping how bad things are here and in Iraq.........You never hear them say anything positive about anything......

It is a pretty pathetic stance to take but that is the way it is.......

The ones that make all the noise certainly fit my description. The others are too ashamed to admit they're Democrats, but they vote that way anyway.

mixedmedia said:

I agree that moderation is the right path, but are you saying that you, many of the other posters on this thread and about 75% of your senators in Congress are moderates? Don't make me laugh - well too late for that I guess.

Well, when you start with a wrong premise, is it any surprise that you end up with wrong answers?

Moderation is almost always the wrong path. Most problems have ONE, and only ONE correct solution. Moderation prevents that solution's implementation, and hence moderation commands the wrong solution.

And, no, McCain isn't too moderate to get elected, he's too liberal.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Australia is almost certainly nice, haven't been there. They got redwoods? What about Niagara Falls? Oh, that's right. Australia has Nemo. You're right, there is some place better than the US. :roll:

I recommend Niagara Falls, NY for you. With all the crap in thier water, from Accidental Chem and the US Government, you might mutate and evolve into a Human Being.

[hehe sorry, I don't normally post like that, but it was too fun to pass up]

libertarian_knight said:
What is it you wish to conserve? Money? Power? The traditions of federalism, small government and honor?

1. Pro small Gov.
2. Pro tax cuts
3. Pro military
4. Pro states rights
5. Pro death penalty
6. Pro life
7. anti gay marraige
8. Pro second amendment
9. Pro family values

I have probably missed a few but that is off the top of my head..........

All issues Liberals are against..........

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
hmmm...so if America isn't better...why are you living here?
Now this is the typical response I expected from you. Love it or leave it, right? Where exactly in my post did I say America is WORSE than other places? Being a xenophobe is not something I would want on my resume.
Scarecrow Akhbar said:
What, are you the only person with travel permits? I've been places too, and I live in Los Angeles because in my informed opinion the rest of the world sucks.
You're entitled to your opinion.
Scarecrow Akhbar said:
I could go to France, and become the best surrenderer.
A real intelligent reply, good stuff. You know what I think you sound like? "All French are the same and they all suck." Yeah, just like all Americans are the same and we all suck too. Both statements are incredibly unintelligent.
Scarecrow Akhbar said:
I could go to Germany, and practice hating America...until it comes time to close US bases.
Just making this $hit up I see? Do you know what a xenophobe is? See if you recognize yourself in this dictionary.com definition?
xen·o·phobe Pronunciation Key (zn-fb, zn-)
n.
A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.
Looking in the mirror? What do you see?

My post talked about how alike people are, your post talked about how much you hate other people. Nice post you wrote, a real gem.
xenophobe.jpg

mixedmedia said:
our beliefs are so antithetical to what most Americans believe and our only aim is winning back control of the White House and the Congress, then why wouldn't we be republicans? Wha? Wha?

Not sure how B follows from A here...

Navy Pride said:
1. Pro small Gov.
2. Pro tax cuts
3. Pro military
4. Pro states rights
5. Pro death penalty
6. Pro life
7. anti gay marraige
8. Pro second amendment
9. Pro family values

I have probably missed a few but that is off the top of my head..........

All issues Liberals are against..........

So in short, you are 4/9 against GWB ok, at least that's clearer now. Maybe 5/9 if you realize his tax cuts were garbage.

Navy Pride said:
1. Pro small Gov.
2. Pro tax cuts
3. Pro military
4. Pro states rights
5. Pro death penalty
6. Pro life
7. anti gay marraige
8. Pro second amendment
9. Pro family values

Dont forget -
10) Pro spending cuts
11) Pro personal responsibility

Its said that liberals judge the success of government by the number of programs it has for the 'needy' and that conservatives judge the success of government by the number of 'needy' that no longer need government assistance.

libertarian_knight said:
So in short, you are 4/9 against GWB ok, at least that's clearer now. Maybe 5/9 if you realize his tax cuts were garbage.

The tax cuts didnt cut taxes? They sure cut mine, and I'm not even "rich" -- and to hear the liberals talk, GWBs tax cuts virtually drained the treasury.

The people that think GWB is a right-wing extremist are only looking at about 20% of the ideological spectrum (and are almist always left-wing extremists). He's a solid 11:30 on the Clock 'o Ideology.

Back on point...

Why is it that the liberal left, inside America as well as abroad, refuses to openly and unconditionally condemn these "insurgents" and argue that they must be defeated by whatever means necessary?

Some people here say its because they hate Bush and the GOP, something the lef****t here vehemently deny.

If not that, then what?

M14 Shooter said:
conservatives judge the success of government by the number of 'needy' that no longer need government assistance.
So then how do you explain this bang up job by Bush? These facts are from the US Census Bureau.

Income Stable, Poverty Rate Increases, Percentage of Americans
Without Health Insurance Unchanged

Real median household income remained unchanged between 2003 and 2004 at $44,389, according to a report released today by the U.S. Census Bureau. Meanwhile, the nation’s official poverty rate rose from 12.5 percent in 2003 to 12.7 percent in 2004. The percentage of the nation’s population without health insurance coverage remained stable, at 15.7 percent in 2004. The number of people with health insurance increased by 2.0 million to 245.3 million between 2003 and 2004, and the number without such coverage rose by 800,000 to 45.8 million
Source: http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/income_wealth/005647.html

What was that you wrote about Conservatives the number of 'needy' that no longer need government assistance?

I guess Bush is failing in this one too? I can hardly wait to read your spin about how more people below the poverty line is a positive for the Bush Administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom