• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are Conservatives UNFIT to run governments!

Simon W. Moon,

I would like to know why you think the question this thread is asking is over the top and not valid. Given that the Republican Conservatives are calling the shots in our government now, which earns them the right to be held a little more accountable than the Liberal Democrats (with respect to the effects and results of our foriegn policy and direction this country is going), why you would think this is an un-reasonable question to ask?

Atrocities are being committed in our name. Most of the world thinks we are the biggest threat to peace on the planet. Events like the "World Tribunal on Iraq" are barely mentioned by the media. Yet this question is out of bounds?

This thread should not be thought of in the same vein as "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder" because, for the simple fact, that it is asking the question that can be debated. Not making a statement to incite reprisals.

Going into year six on this so-called "mandate", do you think we are better off than we were under Clinton? And please don't construe this as a Pro-Clinton ad. Because I got issues with Bill too. But I got a bigger issue with someone practicing censorship over a question I have more than enough justification to ask.

And for the record, every American citizen 18 and over shares some responsibility in all this. Not just conservatives or liberals, but all of us. However, the ones in the driver seat right now get the biggest chunk of the "accountability" pie. So why are you trying to protect them by sticking this thread in the basement? Not that you are. But it sure seems that way.

Back
Top Bottom