• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Apple Sucks

IPhone 4 Loses Reception When Antenna Band Is Touched | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

If you have ever touched a bare-metal loop antenna for a TV, you’ll know that the water-filled human body has an effect on the reception, although in that case it usually improves the picture. In this case, it has the opposite effect. It’s possible that the antenna band is not a continuous loop, and that touching it in the lower-left corner short-circuits the loop somehow.

This, it turns out, is not entirely unexpected. Just two weeks ago, Jens Nielsen of Danish blog ComON quoted Professor Gert Frølund Pedersen of the Department of Electronic Systems at Aalborg University:

[H]uman tissues will in any case have an inhibitory effect on the antenna. Touch means that a larger portion of the antenna energy turns into heat and lost. This makes the antenna less efficient to send and receive radio signals. [Translation by Google]

Seriously it gets worse and worse.. what were Apple thinking?

IPhone 4 Loses Reception When Antenna Band Is Touched | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Seriously it gets worse and worse.. what were Apple thinking?

well, to put it simply

Dollar%20Sign%203.jpg

Not really. I just find gamers to be infantile whiners who are unable to play a game longer than a few months before it is "old." There are other things to do for fun, you know.

Really? Then I guess I didn't spend 3 hours last night playing a PC game that came out in 2001, that I purchased in 2002, with servers still packed with players? I've played that game almost every single day for 9 years. It never gets old. I bought this PC for gaming, it's even called "the gaming monster" and it is a monster. 2 years ago I built this PC myself and I don't even think Mac has a computer that could touch it. And.....it was under 1000 built. Quad core processor and 8 gigs of ram and a 1TB hard drive, pretty hot specs for a 2.5 year old machine.

So I don't take too kindly to being referred to as an "infantile whiner" when it seems that is ALL Mac users do when a PC guy reminds them they paid twice what they should for a computer that will be outdated junk in 5 years.

Try to defend the same company that made a phone that loses reception when you hold it!! That is embarassing! I would be ASHAMED to admit I was an Apple fan right now. I would be hiding in a corner, not defending that worthless piece of ****, Steve Jobs.

And for the record, I have an Ipod touch 2G. It worked ok for a little while, but is now giving me all kinds of issues. Apps crash ALL THE TIME. I've never had my PC crash with Windows 7! But boy that damn Ipod software crashes all the time. The only thing it's good for is text messaging and wi-fi internet browsing. Other than that, it's crap.

Last edited:
Really? Then I guess I didn't spend 3 hours last night playing a PC game that came out in 2001, that I purchased in 2002, with servers still packed with players? I've played that game almost every single day for 9 years. It never gets old. I bought this PC for gaming, it's even called "the gaming monster" and it is a monster. 2 years ago I built this PC myself and I don't even think Mac has a computer that could touch it. And.....it was under 1000 built. Quad core processor and 8 gigs of ram and a 1TB hard drive, pretty hot specs for a 2.5 year old machine.

So I don't take too kindly to being referred to as an "infantile whiner" when it seems that is ALL Mac users do when a PC guy reminds them they paid twice what they should for a computer that will be outdated junk in 5 years.

Try to defend the same company that made a phone that loses reception when you hold it!! That is embarassing! I would be ASHAMED to admit I was an Apple fan right now. I would be hiding in a corner, not defending that worthless piece of ****, Steve Jobs.

And for the record, I have an Ipod touch 2G. It worked ok for a little while, but is now giving me all kinds of issues. Apps crash ALL THE TIME. I've never had my PC crash with Windows 7! But boy that damn Ipod software crashes all the time. The only thing it's good for is text messaging and wi-fi internet browsing. Other than that, it's crap.

heh I still play an online game that came out in 2000 and have played it ever since :)

2 years ago I built this PC myself and I don't even think Mac has a computer that could touch it.

Mac Pro - Buy Mac Pro desktop computers - Apple Store (U.S.)

Umm possibly the 8 core mac that goes up to 32gb of memory. But your post does sound kinda like you maybe are kinda being sarcastically joking. IDK... got bench test charts n stuff? And how did apple keep selling its lame power PCs when it was a /fail at marketing?

Back
Top Bottom