• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Apocalypse now?' What Europe's media thought of the Trump speech

I'm sorry, but if you can't understand the context it was given in and my reply to it in that same context, I can't help you.

Doubling down on your dishonesty, eh? Stating something is statistically insignificant on a meta scale does not eqyate to not caring about lives lost. What's compelling you to such transparent dishonesty?

Indeed, you lied directly about me. Thanks for tacitly admitting to that by lying yet again.

Tschuss...

you-are-dismissed-749788.jpg

It is a reflex with collectivists to side with any foreigner who either harms this country, or wants to. For collectivist drones, America is always to blame--and yet millions of them choose to take up space here.

Europe wants to harm this country, how again? Seems to me that the candidate that they are warning us about doesn't much like this country. He keeps running it down, telling us that things are terrible here. Maybe those on the outside looking in are in a better position to see that we have a candidate who just doesn't much like America.

Europe wants to harm this country, how again? Seems to me that the candidate that they are warning us about doesn't much like this country. He keeps running it down, telling us that things are terrible here. Maybe those on the outside looking in are in a better position to see that we have a candidate who just doesn't much like America.

You are the only one talking about Europeans harming the U.S. How you managed to get that out of anything I wrote, only you know. I say again: It is reflexive with collectivists to side with foreigners who want to harm Americans. These days, most of those aliens are Islamists, who loathe America and its values just like collectivists do.

You are the only one talking about Europeans harming the U.S. How you managed to get that out of anything I wrote, only you know. I say again: It is reflexive with collectivists to side with foreigners who want to harm Americans. These days, most of those aliens are Islamists, who loathe America and its values just like collectivists do.

The conversation was about Europeans, was it not?

You posted:

It is a reflex with collectivists to side with any foreigner who either harms this country, or wants to.

I'm not sure what "collectivists" you're talking about, though.

The conversation was about Europeans, was it not?

You posted:

I'm not sure what "collectivists" you're talking about, though.

I'm talking about all of them, here and abroad. I could also describe them as pseudo-liberals, because although most identify themselves as liberals, they are anything but. These specimens don't like this country much better than Islamists do, and that is why they regularly rush to the bastards' defense.

I do not care a pinch of owl dung what some European thinks of the United States, or of Mr. Trump. They should save their concern for their own formidable problems.

Last edited:
I'm talking about all of them, here and abroad. I could also describe them as pseudo-liberals, because although most identify themselves as liberals, they are anything but. These specimens don't like this country much better than Islamists do, and that is why they regularly rush to the bastards' defense.

I do not care a pinch of owl dung what some European thinks of the United States, or of Mr. Trump. They should save their concern for their own formidable problems.

Because they're all a bunch of collectivists/pseudo liberals?

Because they're all a bunch of collectivists/pseudo liberals?

I'd say that's a fair description of most of the Europeans who play the apologist for Islamists and rail at the U.S. for using force against them. But fortunately, more and more Europeans all the time are coming to their senses and supporting people like Marine Le Pen and Geert Wilders. It may already be too late for them, though.

[h=1]Apocalypse now?' What Europe's media thought of the Trump speech[/h]

Quite a contrast with Canadians chanting "four more years" to Obama, eh?

But, then, we're Americans. What do we care what the rest of the world thinks, right? Right????

Yes, I don't particularly give two ****s what the rest of the world thinks. No matter what we do we will be criticized by someone. That aside, I find it strongly ironic hearing criticism about authoritarianism in the U.S. from leftists in the UK as they don't even have free speech in their country. Those particular critics can pound sand.

A better question is WHY should we care what the rest of the world thinks, at least when it comes to our internal political activities?

I'm not saying that we should not try to be an exemplar of the ideals we espouse to set a good example for others to follow.

However, we need to remember that our society has it's own distinct culture and developing sub-cultures; that while other nations may echo some of our ways, for the most part they have their own subjective world views based on their own cultural differences.

It's good to try to maintain positive relations; but until we actually S**t on their carpet, we have nothing to apologize for.

Let them have their opinions, but we need not be guided nor compelled by them.

Our destiny as a nation is ours to develop.

While I agree, to an extent. I think some of you fail to see another side of this. Nations of Europe have lived under the rule of tyranny and totalitarian dictatorship. We have not.

Many of them have experienced the results angry, reactionary voters who were willing to sacrifice rights in exchange for security and inevitably, martial law. We have not.

Many Europeans still remember suffering through protectionist, nativist, and total isolationist policies and the negative impacts that it inevitably had on growth and trade within their borders. We've never experienced that extreme in the modern era.

When those whose history includes the experience of the truly dark side that these policies can take, speak......I at least feel it is wise to listen. America has adopted a very dangerous elitist mentality and I'd hope we'd tread cautiously. We say we should "learn from their mistakes", but if we fail to listen and learn.....we miss the big picture. Some of you take the hard-line position that "it's our country, our destiny, our business....leave us alone and let us have the freedom to make our own way." That's fine.....experience is a great teacher.....but the lessons can oft times be very painful. History should be our guide. To assume America is incapable of going down similar paths of self-destruction is simply arrogance, and ignorance.....and just plain dangerous..

While I agree, to an extent. I think some of you fail to see another side of this. Nations of Europe have lived under the rule of tyranny and totalitarian dictatorship. We have not.

Many of them have experienced the results angry, reactionary voters who were willing to sacrifice rights in exchange for security and inevitably, martial law. We have not.

Many Europeans still remember suffering through protectionist, nativist, and total isolationist policies and the negative impacts that it inevitably had on growth and trade within their borders. We've never experienced that extreme in the modern era.

When those whose history includes the experience of the truly dark side that these policies can take, speak......I at least feel it is wise to listen. America has adopted a very dangerous elitist mentality and I'd hope we'd tread cautiously. We say we should "learn from their mistakes", but if we fail to listen and learn.....we miss the big picture. Some of you take the hard-line position that "it's our country, our destiny, our business....leave us alone and let us have the freedom to make our own way." That's fine.....experience is a great teacher.....but the lessons can oft times be very painful. History should be our guide. To assume America is incapable of going down similar paths of self-destruction is simply arrogance, and ignorance.....and just plain dangerous..

"Some of you take the hard-line position that "it's our country, our destiny, our business....leave us alone and let us have the freedom to make our own way." - Yes, they do, and that's the mentality of the teen who thinks he knows it all and has to pee on the electric fence for himself.

It's irrelevant what the media 'thinks'. They don't represent the public.

It's irrelevant what the media 'thinks'. They don't represent the public.

Debateable. The American mainstream media has sold out to corporate interest. The free European media still tends to me a bit more representative of the views of the people in my opinion. Its one of the reasons BBC is the only network news I ever bother watching anymore and the London Times one of the few papers I have a subscription to.

I'm not sure about Trump's speech. I'll reserve my opinion on it until after I hear it in it's original German Russian.

:thumbs: Fixed. Which reminds me of this...

Former World Chess Champion and current Russian dissident Garry Kasparov perhaps said it best...

Garry Kasparov ✔ @Kasparov63
I’ve heard this sort of speech a lot in the last 15 years and trust me, it doesn’t sound any better in Russian.

The Europeans will deal with whoever we elect because they don't have a choice, so who cares what they think?

I'm ready for a law and order candidate. Killing police officers is unnaccoetable yet Obama was condoning it right until Dallas, these homeless tent cities are popping up everywhere and destroying the environment and causing crime and shootings and utility theft and urban leaders ignore it, people are getting shot by illegal aliens who have criminal records that cities didn't report to ICE.

I don't know why you think these things are better then law and order.

And forget the Europeans, they have always looked at America with a level of contempt, it goes back to the founding of the country

You go right on believing that Europeans, or Canadians don't have a choice. As usual, Trump's rhetoric exceeds his capabilities and understanding, but trade wars are called trade wars because countries fight back.

America has to grow up and stop blaming Canada, Europe, Mexico and the rest of the world for their plight. The $11 an hour store clerk is never getting his $80K a year mining job back.

I have no clue how what Europe thinks about you comes into your ****ing crime rate. But that's one you can't blame on "foreigners". And in that regard, I agree with Europeans, the crime rate in the US is contemptible.

However, what specifics has Donald presented that will reduce the crime rate? Please provide of clip of his own voice, since he's on so many sides of so many issues, it's really hard to know anything he might actually do.

And lastly, as much as I have a record of calling out Obama, please indicate exactly when and how Obama "condoned" the killing of police officers.

Maybe this habit of hyperbole is what people find contemptible.

every single one of "them"?

You must know a lot of people. I haven't seen this much bigotry since 1965.

I'd say that's a fair description of most of the Europeans who play the apologist for Islamists and rail at the U.S. for using force against them. But fortunately, more and more Europeans all the time are coming to their senses and supporting people like Marine Le Pen and Geert Wilders. It may already be too late for them, though.

Right. As if you have a way of knowing that.

In the last few years, Europe has taken the brunt of terrorist attacks. I doubt seriously you can find and Europeans apologizing form "islamists" (whatever the **** that is]

You go right on believing that Europeans, or Canadians don't have a choice. As usual, Trump's rhetoric exceeds his capabilities and understanding, but trade wars are called trade wars because countries fight back.

Not well, who got the worse end of the softwood dispute? maybe his policies start trade wars, but it's not wrong to fight.

America has to grow up and stop blaming Canada, Europe, Mexico and the rest of the world for their plight. The $11 an hour store clerk is never getting his $80K a year mining job back.

Translation, you're scared because you have more to lose, do you work in the BC timber industry by chance?

I have no clue how what Europe thinks about you comes into your ****ing crime rate. But that's one you can't blame on "foreigners". And in that regard, I agree with Europeans, the crime rate in the US is contemptible.
I simply do not care what Europe thinks about our crime rate, I'm interested in bringing it under control here. and not by giving people who shoot 75 people a plush suite with parole in 20 years, or paroling people who commit mass shootings in parlaimant.
However, what specifics has Donald presented that will reduce the crime rate? Please provide of clip of his own voice, since he's on so many sides of so many issues, it's really hard to know anything he might actually do.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/second-amendment-rights

Several years ago there was a tremendous program in Richmond, Virginia called Project Exile. It said that if a violent felon uses a gun to commit a crime, you will be prosecuted in federal court and go to prison for five years – no parole or early release. Obama’s former Attorney General, Eric Holder, called that a “cookie cutter” program. That’s ridiculous. I call that program a success. Murders committed with guns in Richmond decreased by over 60% when Project Exile was in place – in the first two years of the program alone, 350 armed felons were taken off the street.

Triple the number of ICE officers. As the President of the ICE Officers’ Council explained in Congressional testimony: “Only approximately 5,000 officers and agents within ICE perform the lion’s share of ICE’s immigration mission…Compare that to the Los Angeles Police Department at approximately 10,000 officers. Approximately 5,000 officers in ICE cover 50 states, Puerto Rico and Guam, and are attempting to enforce immigration law against 11 million illegal aliens already in the interior of the United States. Since 9-11, the U.S. Border Patrol has tripled in size, while ICE’s immigration enforcement arm, Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO), has remained at relatively the same size.” This will be funded by accepting the recommendation of the Inspector General for Tax Administration and eliminating tax credit payments to illegal immigrants.

Mandatory return of all criminal aliens. The Obama Administration has released 76,000 aliens from its custody with criminal convictions since 2013 alone. All criminal aliens must be returned to their home countries, a process which can be aided by canceling any visas to foreign countries which will not accept their own criminals, and making it a separate and additional crime to commit an offense while here illegally.

Detention—not catch-and-release. Illegal aliens apprehended crossing the border must be detained until they are sent home, no more catch-and-release.

THese are some things he has published on his website. The biggest thing though, is that Trump supports the police, a fish rots from the head up, when the president of the United States is saying a thug who was shot while committing aggravated assault "would look like my son" and giving credence to "hands up don't shoot" which was a total lie, and has failed to defend police officers in any recent national controversy.
And lastly, as much as I have a record of calling out Obama, please indicate exactly when and how Obama "condoned" the killing of police officers.

Maybe this habit of hyperbole is what people find contemptible.

Which goes to this, he basically has, because if cops are blanketly killing surrendering people with their hands up then that's justification to take defensive action against the police. including using the second amendment to restore our civil liberties. the problem is, that stuff did not happen, it was a lie. So Obama got himself involved in local police matters, gave those fraudulent causes the legitimacy of the office of the president, and now he's amazed people are taking shots at police officers. there is a link. I do not like to criticisze Obama, he gets a lot of unjustified criticism from many people for things he has no responsibility for. he is not innocent in this situation though. He either should not have commented or commented with facts.

Debateable. The American mainstream media has sold out to corporate interest. The free European media still tends to me a bit more representative of the views of the people in my opinion. Its one of the reasons BBC is the only network news I ever bother watching anymore and the London Times one of the few papers I have a subscription to.
They're not so much more irreproachable, believe me. There were anti-austerity demonstrations on the streets of London, last year, that went suspiciously unreported. Now they're ostensibly beholden to the British public, being paid for by TV licensing fees. The BBC, unlike most news vendors, is an emanation of the state. Its partiality is unmistakable. Don't be fooled by whatever craftily selected 'exposes' they toss us from time to time. They're all pillars of Babel. As such, they must all fall.

They're not so much more irreproachable, believe me. There were anti-austerity demonstrations on the streets of London, last year, that went suspiciously unreported. Now they're ostensibly beholden to the British public, being paid for by TV licensing fees. The BBC, unlike most news vendors, is an emanation of the state. Its partiality is unmistakable. Don't be fooled by whatever craftily selected 'exposes' they toss us from time to time. They're all pillars of Babel. As such, they must all fall.

Please don't misconstrue. I have little faith in any media these days. But comparatively speaking, our media is one of the worst.....completely sold out.

Incidentally, I probably should tell you that I have more faith in the British state than in our own as I feel a parliamentary system is much more preferable our current presidential system which has become a fiasco dominated by the entrenched 2-party structure.

Europeans are terrified that they won't be able to pilfer American resources with ease any longer.

Absolutely. That's why they constantly rail against Republican candidates and laud Democratic candidates. They fear the Republican candidate won't be the American sugar daddy they've grown accustomed to dealing with.

Absolutely. That's why they constantly rail against Republican candidates and laud Democratic candidates. They fear the Republican candidate won't be the American sugar daddy they've grown accustomed to dealing with.

What a crock. I'd like to see some of the Europeans on this board chime in on that one.

What a crock. I'd like to see some of the Europeans on this board chime in on that one.

Actually, I know some Europeans who hold Trump in high regard so, of course, not all Europeans are as I have described. However, they also have a very poor regard for their own leaders...especially the European versions of our own globalists. Merkel is especially disliked by them. But they have little power except for their voice.

So yeah...you may find some Europeans who disagree with my opinion and you may find some who agree with me.

So it goes...

Actually, I know some Europeans who hold Trump in high regard so, of course, not all Europeans are as I have described. However, they also have a very poor regard for their own leaders...especially the European versions of our own globalists. Merkel is especially disliked by them. But they have little power except for their voice.

So yeah...you may find some Europeans who disagree with my opinion and you may find some who agree with me.

So it goes...

I thought they could be counted on to constantly rail against Republican candidates and laud Democratic candidates. Not so, then?

Back
Top Bottom