• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AP FACT CHECK: Trump taps false stereotypes about immigrants

I’m not going to cut and paste quotes from the AP article for you. That’s why I provided a link. Read it and tell me what they are lying about. The Associated Press is one of the most factual and unbiased news agencies in existence.

I told you what their first lie was. It's in their first sentence. I see no reason to read the rest of the article.

If you want to justify their first lie, then provide the quotes.

trumpsotupoll.png

lol... we tweets fake news all the time

Trump and his supporters call people seeking asylum invaders. Trump has decreased the number of VISAS issued by more than half. It's obvious he wants to slow down immigration levels, especially ones from ****hole countries. Trump wants white Norwegian immigrants.

She wolf in all fairness let me pose the "Asylum Invaders" debate points.

1) It is FACT by statistics that 70% of ALL asylum seekers cases are Denied.
2) It is fact that ALL THOSE CLAIMING Asylum are able to do so, whether it be at a legal port of entry OR sneaking across the border NOT at a legal port of entry. (Meaning they were not seeking asylum they were trying to sneak across the boarder got caught and was told to claim asylum.
3) By statistical fact the 3 nations of concern (Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador) the Asylum Denial rate is 80%)
4) Asylum is REAL and there are REAL People that deserve Asylum. HENCE the 30% that are Approved. The issue is that WE HAVE WAY MORE people claim asylum that should NOT BE because it is an "enabling" Law that is an escape goat if you are CAUGHT outside of a Legal port of entry.

I would Take your point about Asylum seeker WAY more serious if the approval rate was even closer to 50% meaning 1 out of 2 case, BUT its 70% at best.... 7/10 people are Claim it just because they can and a given right to do so even if they DONT and know they dont qualify.... its a catch all abused law that is watered down by those that WANT to abuse it.

AGAIN there are 30% that Are legitimate.... lets take those and screw the rest?

What are you liberal on?

Some rightwingers have co-opted the label "liberal", claiming that they're "classical liberals" and that it's the leftwingers who have bastardized the term.

Trump has attacked H1B1 Viasas

OH now we are moving the Goal Post. So instead of the "FACT check" Immigrants" Now we are narrowing it down to H1B

Ok so let discuss it. WHAT and why was the H1B created. Have you ever watched Michio Kaku? By an chance? Anyways. H1B like many other Visa's and migration tools have been abused. K1, H1, J2, Touris Visa. Immigration reform NEEDS to be done to meet the demands and needs of the HOST country.

IF the Host Country is not even able to take care of them selves. WHAT give us the right to import MORE People from the OUTSIDE then qualify more so quantify from the inside.

last point......to my Original POST do you DENY the statistics and the "Fact checking" That AP supposedly hit Trump wit but (while trump may be dishonest in certain aspects) "APs Fact check" Is NO LESS dishonest?

Last edited:
She wolf in all fairness let me pose the "Asylum Invaders" debate points.

1) It is FACT by statistics that 70% of ALL asylum seekers cases are Denied.
2) It is fact that ALL THOSE CLAIMING Asylum are able to do so, whether it be at a legal port of entry OR sneaking across the border NOT at a legal port of entry. (Meaning they were not seeking asylum they were trying to sneak across the boarder got caught and was told to claim asylum.
3) By statistical fact the 3 nations of concern (Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador) the Asylum Denial rate is 80%)
4) Asylum is REAL and there are REAL People that deserve Asylum. HENCE the 30% that are Approved. The issue is that WE HAVE WAY MORE people claim asylum that should NOT BE because it is an "enabling" Law that is an escape goat if you are CAUGHT outside of a Legal port of entry.

I would Take your point about Asylum seeker WAY more serious if the approval rate was even closer to 50% meaning 1 out of 2 case, BUT its 70% at best.... 7/10 people are Claim it just because they can and a given right to do so even if they DONT and know they dont qualify.... its a catch all abused law that is watered down by those that WANT to abuse it.

AGAIN there are 30% that Are legitimate.... lets take those and screw the rest?

lol... did you know that Trump has cut down on asylum VISAS by over half? They still have a right to apply. Simply calling them invaders is demonizing them, and it gives Trump a good reason to come out and tell the armed forces to point guns as them and shoot "if necessary." What Trump and his supporters actually support doing to such desperate people is disgusting. We can enforce the laws. We don't have have to detain them, separate them, lose custody of children, etc., but since you dehumanize them and call them enemy invaders, it makes it a lot easier to justify killing them and treating them like animals.

Some rightwingers have co-opted the label "liberal", claiming that they're "classical liberals" and that it's the leftwingers who have bastardized the term.

Nope. I'm just liberal.

OH now we are moving the Goal Post. So instead of the "FACT check" Immigrants" Now we are narrowing it down to H1B

Ok so let discuss it. WHAT and why was the H1B created. Have you ever watched Michio Kaku? By an chance? Anyways. H1B like many other Visa's and migration tools have been abuse. K1, H1, J2, Touris Visa. Immigration reform NEEDS to be done to meet the demands and needs of the HOST country.

IF the House Country is not even able to take care of them selves. WHAT give us the right to import MORE People from the OUTSIDE then qualify more so quantify from the inside.

last point......to my Original POST do you DENY the statistics and the "Fact checking" That AP supposedly hit Trump wit but (while trump may be dishonest in certain aspects) "APs Fact check" Is NO LESS dishonest?

I know the arguments and the way you're going to defend his position, but stop trying to gloss over the fact. Trump doesn't just attack illegal immigration. He has cut down on the amount of legal VISAs issued annually. At least have the courage to admit the Trump Administration does attack legal immigration and asylum seekers.

All I had to do was read the first sentence of that article to know that it's a bunch of dishonest horse ****.

"President Donald Trump has long railed against immigration as a scourge on the economy and national security."

Trump has NEVER railed against immigration as a scourge on the economy and national security.

/thread

Looks like the fact check needs some fact checking. Perhaps they need a better editor.

BTW -- This is neither "breaking" nor "news"

Abortion, Gay marriage, Criminal Justice, Foreign Policy, Education, Free Trade, Social Welfare, and First Amendment.

Are you an atheist? What is social welfare? Guns?

Abortion, Gay marriage, Criminal Justice, Foreign Policy, Education, Free Trade, Social Welfare, and First Amendment.

I had to point this out in a response of my "Why you can't argue with a Leftist" thread:

I have many Liberal ideals. I've always advocated for and continue to support Gay rights, including marriage and family. I am a strong Pro-Choice advocate, as an adjunct to any individual's right to control their own body. I support legalization and regulation of prostitution, recreational drug use and sales, and other so-called "vices." I believe people have a right to commit suicide, including doctor-assisted. That we don't need prayer in public schools, while it should remain a right of private religious schools. I oppose asset forfeiture as legalized robbery. I believe in strong alliances but oppose military adventurism. I support public education because an educated electorate can make informed decisions. Those are just some of my "left-leaning" ideals...

I also pointed out SOME differences between true Liberals and the Left:

In a prior thread I posted that true Liberals, Centrists, and Conservatives often share goals but simply differ on how best to reach them. That the problem with arguing with Leftist’s is that their goals are often diametrically opposed to Liberal, Centrist, and Conservative ones, thus there is little or no room for compromise.

The reaction was swift, as Members who assert that the Left and being Liberal are the same thing jumped on this with both feet, crying that I was denigrating anyone not a "Conservative."

This morning I came across another Prager U. video just this morning which points out some of the clear differences between what constitutes someone on the Left from someone who is a true Liberal...

I hope this clears up some confusion about the differences between what I consider to be LEFT as oppsed to being LIBERAL.

The funny thing is that instead of looking at the listed differences in the second thread, the "usual suspects" simply attacked it without evaluating if they shared Liberal or Left values.

Last edited:
I had to point this out in a response of my "Why you can't argue with a Leftist" thread:

What stops a person like you from just calling yourself a Libertarian? What are your economic positions? Do you support labor unions? Regulations? Small government?

Are you an atheist? What is social welfare? Guns?

I am an atheist.

Social welfare involves the government's ability to provide assistance to needy families.

I don't really care about gun issues.

Some of trump’s many falsehoods exposed. Why do republicans go along with this nonsense?

https://apnews.com/7eb07814117f46a098bed1f3466f4775
Well, let's see:
  • Willful ignorance --> They don't know any more about the nature of immigrants/migrants and their travel patterns/methods than does Trump.
  • Dupery (by prominent GOP-ers) --> They know "The Base" is every bit as unwilling as Trump to read the Trump Administration's own reports on the nature of immigrants/migrants and their quantities, travel patterns/methods, and behaviors, reports that show about Trump's claims re: migrants are not factually or contextually accurate. ("The Base" likely also doesn't even read the analysis of the matter produced by "dyed in the wool" conservative think tanks.)
  • Mendacity --> They know the nature of immigrants/migrants and their travel patterns, methods, etc. aren't as they depict them; however, the political value of using immigrants/migrants as "wedges" supersedes their commitment to exhibiting factual and contextual honesty.
  • Racism --> The folks migrating to the US predominantly aren't of European/white ancestry, and they don't like that immigration increases augur to reduce gradually the ratio of whites in the country.
If there's good reason not to admit immigrants in general or a reason not to admit specific genres of immigrants, fine, but don't fabricate stuff about immigrants, what they do, what impacts they have, etc.

At this point, they might as well just argue, "You're not a liberal because you're perfectly sane."

The idea that normal people are simply feed up with their **** has never dawned on the progressives...

And none of that justifies that article's lie.

If you want to justify their lie, give me a quote of Trump railing against immigration as a scourge on the economy and national security.

“In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally”

“It is the Democrats fault for being weak and ineffective with Boarder Security and Crime. Tell them to start thinking about the people devastated by Crime coming from illegal immigration. Change the laws!”

“Protecting our workers means reforming our system of legal immigration. The current, outdated system depresses wages for our poorest workers, and puts great pressure on taxpayers.”

“The security of the United States is imperiled by a drastic surge of illegal activity on the southern border.”

All Trump quotes^^^^^

What stops a person like you from just calling yourself a Libertarian? What are your economic positions? Do you support labor unions? Regulations? Small government?

Nothing "stops me" from self-identifying with a political lean. That is freedom of expression.

What stops you from offering an opinion as to whether someone is or is not a political lean? NOTHING...that is also freedom of expression.

I recommend you look at this thread I posted:

...5. Free Speech:

Liberal Position:

a. I wholly disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Left’s Position:

a. Identifies things they disagree with as “Hate Speech” which deserves no protection at all. In fact, it deserves punishment of some kind.

:coffeepap:

Last edited:
Nothing "stops me" from self-identifying with a political lean. That is freedom of expression.

What stops you from offering an opinion as to whether someone is or is not a political lean? NOTHING...that is also freedom of expression.

I recommend you look at this thread I posted:

:coffeepap:

You're so defensive for no reason, but more importantly, you response is totally uninteresting... bye

Agreed this initial sentence is DISHONEST and the Fact checking is Dishonest on source.

1) President Donald Trump has long railed against immigration as a scourge on the economy and national security. HE has never accused 'immigration" as a scourge, he has accused "ILLEGAL immigration as such"

2) Trump managed to accuse immigrants in the country illegally of stealing jobs from American workers, There we go again, Correlating LEGAL H1B and visa recipients as a whole with "Illegals that enter our country without a legal VISA or travel document"

This is within the first paragraph, Im supposed to take the rest serious when the supposed "fact" check is using "lies" to validate their argument.

"The fact is that 75 percent of immigrants arrived legally" - I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS NUMBER

https://travel.state.gov/content/da...8AnnualReport/FY18AnnualReport - TableIV.pdf

2018 FY "Immigrant issued VISA's - 550,930 WESTERN HEMISPHERE GRAND TOTAL-

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration/fy-2018

As just the other day there was a POST that showed - 396,579 southwest boarder apprehensions 2018FY. THATS JUST The Border Not illegals that over stay visa's or births in the country.

Just do the math, 71% of the Western Hemisphere LEGAL VISA approvals were eclipsed by ILLEGAL border crossings from just the southern border alone..

Fact CHECK MY REAR......

I see your point. The article does give you some sources for their analysis—so you can check that if you want. The numbers you have quoted are for people who were stopped at the boarder, not those who made it through illegally. I don’t know how they measure who gets through, but the Associated Press is one of the most factual agencies there is, so I doubt they are lying. The point of the article is to delineate how Trump uses false stereotypes about immigrants to promote his argument about immigration.

Back
Top Bottom