• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AP FACT CHECK: Trump taps false stereotypes about immigrants

lol... did you know that Trump has cut down on asylum VISAS by over half? They still have a right to apply. Simply calling them invaders is demonizing them, and it gives Trump a good reason to come out and tell the armed forces to point guns as them and shoot "if necessary." What Trump and his supporters actually support doing to such desperate people is disgusting. We can enforce the laws. We don't have have to detain them, separate them, lose custody of children, etc., but since you dehumanize them and call them enemy invaders, it makes it a lot easier to justify killing them and treating them like animals.

Ok this is a thread about Fact checking.... so Rhetoric and demonetization should come with scrutiny.

1) Why has Trump Cut down Asylum Seekers? BECAUSE 70% are of them HAVE been lying. Meaning that the POOR 30% that are deserving are being water down, Wasted assets and NOT getting a fair chance because 70% of them are abusing the resources to properly process the REAL Asylum seekers.

2) ALL Asylum Seekers have a right But when 70% are NOT qualified, MORE So when Trump tried to issue an EO, you know the last one. TO DENY those that ask for asylum WHEN NOT at a legal port of entry. Doesnt that make sense? If you were were in fear of your life...and you knew the laws of the country you were trying to escape to. knowing you have NO travel documents Would you NOT want to go to a LEGAL Port of entry and declare asylum NOT run across the border and ONLY when caught declare Asylum? Seems like Abuse no?

3) NO MILITARY personal are combat arms that were deployed to the border. They are all logistical personnel in support of the CBP effort. So that is Dishonest to say that armed forces point guns, and shoot if necessary. NO Current deployed personal are even issued firearms NOT relative to their MOS (Military occupational skill) Would you like me to FACT check the UNITs that are currently deployed as NO combat troops, as I have done it many times on this board....

4) You say enforce laws out of one side of your mouth, YET. We dont have to detain them, separate children etc.... Which is it. Enforce the LAWS of the land or NOT enfroce.
4a) Enforce immigration is one thing. Separating children is a COMPLETELY separate operating procedure that is UNIVERSAL within our NATION. Legal immigrant, Citizen, illegal immigrant. You break the law and in the presence of your children. your children is safeguarded away from you while you the one accuse of breaking a law is detained. THIS IS COMMON PRACTICE.
4b) TRUMP HAS NOT ISSUED ANY Changes or LAWS in reference to guidance on child safeguard only that Immigration LAW must be fully enforce.

5) " justify killing them and treating them like animals." Who is killing any children or even asylum seekers. I want JUSTICE and DEMAND justice if this is true. NO one should be killed or treated like animals at the border.
OH this was just Hyperbole and Rhetoric NOT fact..... yeah we are in a thread about Fact checking and dishonesty.

Common She wolf we are talking about fact checking take emotion out for one second and address the issues.... (Im am being respectful, but I know that typing will not show that but I really am trying to be so please take my typing right now as my expression that I am not talking down to you are being mean, I just want this to be somewhat honest. which the OP was not even close!)

Last edited:
“In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally”

“It is the Democrats fault for being weak and ineffective with Boarder Security and Crime. Tell them to start thinking about the people devastated by Crime coming from illegal immigration. Change the laws!”

“Protecting our workers means reforming our system of legal immigration. The current, outdated system depresses wages for our poorest workers, and puts great pressure on taxpayers.”

“The security of the United States is imperiled by a drastic surge of illegal activity on the southern border.”[/B]

All Trump quotes^^^^^

The only quote you present that even applies to the article's lie is the third quote. The first quote doesn't even address immigrants...legal or illegal. The second and fourth address illegal immigrants.

The third quote does address legal immigration, but I hardly consider it "railing". You may want to characterize it differently. Your choice. But here is the definition of "rail against":

rail against

Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.

rail against (someone or something)

To protest, criticize, or vent angrily about someone or something. I spent a lot of my teenage years raging against my parents, but looking back, I gave them way more grief than they deserved. Employees has formed a picket line outside of the company as they rail against proposed cuts to their pay and pension schemes.
See also: rail

Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.

rail against someone or something

to complain vehemently about someone or something. Why are you railing against me? What did I do? Leonard is railing against the tax increase again.

McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

rail against
v.

To protest something vehemently, especially using strong language: The students railed against the change to a longer school year.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/rail+against

Also, that third quote makes no mention of national security.

Trump and his supporters call people seeking asylum invaders. Trump has decreased the number of VISAS issued by more than half. It's obvious he wants to slow down immigration levels, especially ones from ****hole countries. Trump wants white Norwegian immigrants.

Not actually asylum seekers. They are claiming asylum, knowing it buys them a free pass, while their case is pending. They can then vanish.

I know the arguments and the way you're going to defend his position, but stop trying to gloss over the fact. Trump doesn't just attack illegal immigration. He has cut down on the amount of legal VISAs issued annually. At least have the courage to admit the Trump Administration does attack legal immigration and asylum seekers.

If you want me to acknowledge it I will YES, YES Trump has attacked our immigration system as it needs MAJOR reform as there currently are too many loopholes and incentives to abuse it. Trump as the POTUS has the right to control whom is NOT a citizen the right to enter or NOT enter. HIS job is to PROTECT the CITIZENS of the US.

1) Asylum seekers is our MORAL option to the WORLD to offer asylum. IF the POTUS chose to TURN it of. THAT IS HIS RIGHT to do so. (it may piss people off but that is the right to control the borders of NON citizens)
2) VISA and legal Migration, We have laws about the methods of how to migrate but I think POTUS and Congress have the right to LIMIT how many at anyone time. SO what is your magic number for credible amounts of Migrants per year? 1million? 2 million? 10million, HOW many people do you THINK would PER YEAR now should be allowed to enter our country.

Ill leave you with this little guy... Humor me have the courage to watch this 6minute video and then lets discuss factual points of real world effects of LEGAL migration (not even discussing ILLEGALS)

https://youtu.be/LPjzfGChGlE?t=5

I am an atheist.

Social welfare involves the government's ability to provide assistance to needy families.

I don't really care about gun issues.

To be fair, if you're not a full throttle weenie liberal, you're most likely a Fascist and secret member of the KKK.

Try paying more attention to identity politics, listen to some Ocasio-Cortez podcasts and last but not least, bend over and shove your head way up your backside and then maybe,...maybe,...they'll let you in their exclusive club.

Good luck!

I see your point. The article does give you some sources for their analysis—so you can check that if you want. The numbers you have quoted are for people who were stopped at the boarder, not those who made it through illegally. I don’t know how they measure who gets through, but the Associated Press is one of the most factual agencies there is, so I doubt they are lying. The point of the article is to delineate how Trump uses false stereotypes about immigrants to promote his argument about immigration.

Hey MauiMan! Wazzaap mah braddah (if thats any indication of where Im from LOL!)

Does that not bother you then the way that AP has brough about their points.

if 396,579 people were ACTUALLY caught at the border how many MORE were NOT.

If the US issued 550,930 TOTAL immigrant Visa's last year. for the WHOLE western hemisphere (So we are not even talking just Mexico visa's or El Salvador)

How can they claim that 75% of immigrant arrived legally. Thats incorrect. BECAUSE... now hear me out.....

If we separate "Legal" Migrants vs Illegal Migrants"

Their claim should be 100% of ALL Legal migrants Arrived "LEGALLY" but why is it onl 75% so are they lumping in illegals, or are they just making up these numbers? Do you see where I am coming from? LEGAL Migration is by means of applying for a qualifying VISA, be it, K1, H1, J2, Tourist.... if you do it YOU ARE LEGAL?

We have a HUGE amount if ILLEGAL immigrants, from those CAUGHT at the border to now the new popular, Tourist Visa over stayers.....The people apply legally, and INTENTIONAL say past the 90 days and NO illegal immigrants.

Trump is OFF... I will agree... But the Fact checking that I have been watching and reading (NOT just your post and sorry if it seems Im attacking your post Im attacking the sentiment that TRUMP is always lying hes a scumbag, but WE GOT ISSUES not just him) The fact checking has been NO less dishonest as he is..... thats my dissension!

Ok this is a thread about Fact checking.... so Rhetoric and demonetization should come with scrutiny.

1) Why has Trump Cut down Asylum Seekers? BECAUSE 70% are of them HAVING been lying. Meaning that the POOR 30% that are deserving are being water down, Wasted assest and NOT getting a fair chance because 70% of them are abusing the resources to properly process the REAL Asylum seekers.

2) ALL Asylum Seekers have a right But when 70% are NOT qualified, MORE So when Trump tried to issue an EO, you know the last one. TO DENY those that ask for asylum WHEN NOT at a legal port of entry. Doesnt that not make sense? If you were were in fear of your life...and you knew the laws of the country you were trying to escape to. knowing you have NO travel documents Would you NOT want to go to a LEGAL Port of entry and declare asylum NOT run across the border and ONLY when caught declare Asylum? Seems like Abuse no?

3) NO MILITARY personal are combat arms that were deployed to the border. They are all logistical personnel in support of the CPB effort. So that is Dishonest to say that armed forces point guns at the and shoot if neccessary. NO Current deployed personal are even issued firearms NOT relative to their MOS (Military occupational skill) Would you like me to FACT check the UNITs that are currently deployed as NO combat troops as I have done it many times on this board....

4) You say enforce laws out of one side of your mouth, YET. We dont have to detain them, separate children etc.... Which is it. Enforce the LAWS of the land or NOT enfroce.
4a) Enforce immigration is one thing. Separating children is a COMPLETELY separate operating procedure that is UNIVERSAL within our NATION. Legal immigrant, Citizen, illegal immigrant. You break the law and in the presence of your children. your children is safeguarded away from you while you the one accuse of breaking a law is detained. THIS IS COMMON PRACTICE.
4b) TRUMP HAS NOT ISSUE ANY Changes or LAWS in reference to guidance on child safeguard only that Immigration LAW must be full enforce.

5) " justify killing them and treating them like animals." Who is killing any children or even asylum seekers. I want JUSTICE and DEMAND justice if this is true. NO one should be killed or treated like animals at the border.
OH this was just Hyperbole and Rhetoric NOT fact..... yeah we are in a thread about Fact checking and dishonesty.

Common She wolf we are talking about fact checking take emotion out for one second and address the issues.... (Im am being respectful, but I know that typing will not show that but I really am trying to be so please take my typing right now as my expression that I am not talking down to you are being mean, I just want this to be somewhat honest. which the OP was not even close!)

You're just a Trump supporter and trying to logically detail your support of Trump. But the one thing you fail to admit is that Trump has changed the laws and he is wholly responsible for his interpretation of the laws, so don't try to act like he is just enforcing laws and I am against the laws. Also, don't try to frame this in a manner to suggest that I think every single person who applies for asylum should get it. There are clear differences in what we view as acceptable in treating people on the southern boarder, and your position should be indefensible. Yet you defend it.... :shrug:... it's going to be the shame of America one day, and you're simply on the wrong side of history. We can enforce boarder laws and have a secure immigration system without damaging the reputation of America like this.

Unlike you, I am not going to down play Trump's statements of wanting less people from ****hole countries and more people from Norway. I don't care what color people are. I don't care what they come with. I immigrated here, and I was poor. My family was poor. I am now doing very well for myself.

If you want me to acknowledge it I will YES, YES Trump has attacked our immigration system as it needs MAJOR reform as there currently are too many loopholes and incentives to abuse it. Trump as the POTUS has the right to control whom is NOT a citizen the right to enter or NOT enter. HIS job is to PROTECT the CITIZENS of the US.

1) Asylum seekers is our MORAL option to the WORLD to offer asylum. IF the POTUS chose to TURN it of. THAT IS HIS RIGHT to do so. (it may piss people off but that is the right to control the borders of NON citizens)
2) VISA and legal Migration, We have laws about the methods of how to migrate but I think POTUS and Congress have the right to LIMIT how many at anyone time. SO what is your magic number for credible amounts of Migrants per year? 1million? 2 million? 10million, HOW many people do you THINK would PER YEAR now should be allowed to enter our country.

Ill leave you with this little guy... Humor me have the courage to watch this 6minute video and then lets discuss factual points of real world effects of LEGAL migration (not even discussing ILLEGALS)

https://youtu.be/LPjzfGChGlE?t=5

Oh, I know Trump has the right to turn off VISAs and legal immigration. I have never been confused or naive about his power. There are countries who outright ban the legal entry of VISAs from other countries, and Trump could do that. He could put a blind ban on all passports from Muslim majority countries. He could try to do that, and that very reason is why I never once supported Trump. My husband is in the immigration system currently. Trump scares the **** out of legal immigrants and legal refugees, and I know a lot people personally.

Here we have it.

Thank you for admitting the truth.

Hey MauiMan! Wazzaap mah braddah (if thats any indication of where Im from LOL!)

Does that not bother you then the way that AP has brough about their points.

if 396,579 people were ACTUALLY caught at the border how many MORE were NOT.

If the US issued 550,930 TOTAL immigrant Visa's last year. for the WHOLE western hemisphere (So we are not even talking just Mexico visa's or El Salvador)

How can they claim that 75% of immigrant arrived legally. Thats incorrect. BECAUSE... now hear me out.....

If we separate "Legal" Migrants vs Illegal Migrants"

Their claim should be 100% of ALL Legal migrants Arrived "LEGALLY" but why is it onl 75% so are they lumping in illegals, or are they just making up these numbers? Do you see where I am coming from? LEGAL Migration is by means of applying for a qualifying VISA, be it, K1, H1, J2, Tourist.... if you do it YOU ARE LEGAL?

We have a HUGE amount if ILLEGAL immigrants, from those CAUGHT at the border to now the new popular, Tourist Visa over stayers.....The people apply legally, and INTENTIONAL say past the 90 days and NO illegal immigrants.

Trump is OFF... I will agree... But the Fact checking that I have been watching and reading (NOT just your post and sorry if it seems Im attacking your post Im attacking the sentiment that TRUMP is always lying hes a scumbag, but WE GOT ISSUES not just him) The fact checking has been NO less dishonest as he is..... thats my dissension!

Damn fine argument, Exactice, thank you. I agree we do, in fact, have a serious immigration issue. What I am hearing in the media is that most illegal immigrants are people overstaying their Visas—not people getting across the southern border. People are getting through legal points of entry (e.g. airports). The southern border has been a consistent problem, year over year—as seen by the apprehension numbers. Yes, we have issues. The big question—what do we spend the border security money on? I say we can’t listen to the president because of his...; well I don’t want to explain what’s wrong with him again. The point is that he is deceitful and untrustworthy.

You're just a Trump supporter and trying to logically detail your support of Trump. But the one thing you fail to admit is that Trump has changed the laws and he is wholly responsible for his interpretation of the laws, so don't try to act like he is just enforcing laws and I am against the laws. Also, don't try to frame this in a manner to suggest that I think every single person who applies for asylum should get it. There are clear differences in what we view as acceptable in treating people on the southern boarder, and your position should be indefensible. Yet you defend it.... :shrug:... it's going to be the shame of America one day, and you're simply on the wrong side of history. We can enforce boarder laws and have a secure immigration system without damaging the reputation of America like this.

Unlike you, I am not going to down play Trump's statements of wanting less people from ****hole countries and more people from Norway. I don't care what color people are. I don't care what they come with. I immigrated here, and I was poor. My family was poor. I am now doing very well for myself.

FACT CHECK, WHAT LAW has he FACTUALLY CHANGED? As ANY Constitutional law must be approved by 2/3rds HOUSE and Congress? I am NOT a trump support I support good policies that make sense.

So lets go down the line. Of Laws he "changed"

1) Travel Ban? What law did he change? This was an enforcement of current laws of entering our country. the 7 listed countries lack a stable government, lack proper identification, and lack any type of reciprocity treat to accept passports...... WHAT LAW was changed? OH btw, it was then upheld by SCOTUS, so the 9th circuit of appeals is done

2) Session memo for 100% accountability (BTW trump Did NOT issue anything in relation) It was a MEMO from the office of the AG (while being honest trump may have ordered Session to do so) HE CHANGED NO LAW?

3) Decrease of approval of VISA's and Asylum is his right to do so, HE CANNOT DENY PEOPLE Applying FOR it, But can control how many per fiscal year is allowed.

FACT check what laws

Now back you your emotional interpretation. IF our Laws are creating incentives to break them should we NOT address those? Birth Right Citizenship. $1Billion cost for ER and Medical sevices for women that are illegals that have children on our land with no one to pay for those services (this is an ANNUAL COST btw) Now under the 14th amendment the Child is an US citizen even though the mother illegally entered our country. China Just got caught for providing this EXACT service to chinese women IT WAS A SERVICE?

This is what we need to fix this is the reason why our systems are broken.

Now to your numbers... of Asylum again for me.... I see a great issue of ABUSE of the system rather than the emotions of the system. meaning. IF we got strict and enforced or dis-incentivesed it. THE REAL People that STILL wanted and NEEDed the protect of Asylum would STILL COME right? but those that try to abuse it would NO be allowed OR again we dis-incentivesed it.

Its not a shame or bad to want GOOD policies. I want GOOD policies I am tired of the abuse and the option of "risk vs reward" on policies. Again my example. If you are caught running across the border not at a point of entry. You can still claim asylum.... Thats is the LEGAL Right. can you say without a doubt that the guy running across the border deserves Asylum with that the statistical point 7/10 people are denied?

Unlike me? I have never said asshole country and I have never agreed with TRUMP in his comments.... But his policies are sound.... It could be obama with similar policies and I would agree. WE need REFORM and we need it bad.

Yeah, well, I watched your video. I am already here and I immigrated here. Do you think that's wrong or something? The man's presentation was really nothing I didn't already know, but I did notice him saying "unless Congress is stopped, they will bring in another million." I went to the website, and it appears the org is arguing the legal immigration is bad for Americans and bad for the countries immigrants leave.

1. I don't believe immigration is the solution to world peace or world poverty, and very few immigrants have the means to immigrate.

2. I think immigrants themselves are in the best position to determine if it's better for them to leave, or not. Nobody else better understands the threat they are facing than them, and some of it is a matter of human survival... immigrants want to escape genocide, torture, brutal governments, etc. Telling certain people to stay were they are and blossom is really not an option, and it's just ignorant.

FACT CHECK, WHAT LAW has he FACTUALLY CHANGED? As ANY Constitutional law must be approved by 2/3rds HOUSE and Congress? I am NOT a trump support I support good policies that make sense.

1) Travel Ban? What law did he change? This was an enforcement of current laws of entering our country. the 7 listed countries lack a stable government, lack proper identification, and lack any type of reciprocity treat to accept passports...... WHAT LAW was changed? OH btw, it was then upheld by SCOTUS, so the 9th circuit of appeals is done

2) Session memo for 100% accountability (BTW trump Did NOT issue anything in relation) It was a MEMO from the office of the AG (while being honest trump may have ordered Session to do so) HE CHANGED NO LAW?

3) Decrease of approval of VISA's and Asylum is his right to do so, HE CANNOT DENY PEOPLE Applying FOR it, But can control how many per fiscal year is allowed.

FACT check what laws

Now back you your emotional interpretation. IF our Laws are creating incentives to break them should we NOT address those? Birth Right Citizenship. $1Billion cost for ER and Medical sevices for women that are illegals that have children on our land with no one to pay for those services (this is an ANNUAL COST btw) Now under the 14th amendment the Child is an US citizen even though the mother illegally entered our country. China Just got caught for providing this EXACT service to chinese women IT WAS A SERVICE?

Now to your numbers... of Asylum again for me.... I see a great issue of ABUSE of the system rather than the emotions of the system. meaning. IF we got strict and enforced or dis-incentivesed it. THE REAL People that STILL wanted and NEEDed the protect of Asylum would STILL COME right? but those that try to abuse it would NO be allowed OR again we dis-incentivesed it.

Its not a shame or bad to want GOOD policies. I want GOOD policies I am tired of the abuse and the option of "risk vs reward" on policies. Again my example. If you are caught running across the border not at a point of entry. You can still claim asylum.... Thats is the LEGAL Right. can you say without a doubt that the guy running across the border deserves Asylum with that the statistical point 7/10 people are denied?

Unlike me? I have never said asshole country and I have never agreed with TRUMP in his comments.... But his policies are sound.... It could be obama with similar policies and I would agree. WE need REFORM and we need it bad.

I feel like you want to play semantics... seriously... it's not a matter of changing laws but changing interpretation of the laws. I know Trump has the right to change the number of VISAs granted. I know Trump has a right to enforce a Travel Ban, but don't sit here and challenge me to point out what laws he changed. I never once said he lacked the right to enforce a travel ban. I never once said he lacked the right to enforce changes to VISAs.

Stop playing games with me.

Oh, I know Trump has the right to turn off VISAs and legal immigration. I have never been confused or naive about his power. There are countries who outright ban the legal entry of VISAs from other countries, and Trump could do that. He could put a blind ban on all passports from Muslim majority countries. He could try to do that, and that very reason is why I never once supported Trump. My husband is in the immigration system currently. Trump scares the **** out of legal immigrants and legal refugees, and I know a lot people personally.

Here we have it.

Thank you for admitting the truth.

1) Trump CANNOT Ban Visa's from a MUSLIM country. THAT IS NOT legal religion is NOT a quantifier of banning entering into our country. PLEASE be honest...
2) Trump can ban Visa's from "A" country that lacks vetting and the ability to provide valid travel documentation as a safe traveler to our country. if THAT host country is by chance majority Muslim, Buddhist, christian or atheist is REGARDLESS.... the country must be able to ensure the individual traveling to the US is not one that can cause harm.... to OH? A legal american citizen.
3) My Wife is a current green card holder. She applied with myself for a K1 visa, the whole process took 2 years.. I am VERY familiar with the VISA and migration process. Secondly my MOTHER worked 30+ years at a law firm in which her boss (she was a para legal) was an Immigration Attorney whom HELPED my wife and I. So I am VERY familiar with the immigration process.

I spent 2 years applying waiting in lines, biometrics printing photos, phone bills and text message to show that my wife and I were legit. I spent a couple thousand on legal fees as well and migration fees YET people at the border and those already get in get a pass? They get financial assistance, where I NEEDed to file a notarized form that I WAS able to provide and sustain my WIFE. I am a LEGAL american citizen born and raised here and I did not get a SINGLE dime from the US government. MY wife and I followed the LAW to the T. I would expect anyone else wanting the joys and protects of the US to respect and do the same thing.

Damn fine argument, Exactice, thank you. I agree we do, in fact, have a serious immigration issue. What I am hearing in the media is that most illegal immigrants are people overstaying their Visas—not people getting across the southern border. People are getting through legal points of entry (e.g. airports). The southern border has been a consistent problem, year over year—as seen by the apprehension numbers. Yes, we have issues. The big question—what do we spend the border security money on? I say we can’t listen to the president because of his...; well I don’t want to explain what’s wrong with him again. The point is that he is deceitful and untrustworthy.

Thanks! Appreciate the acknowledgement and I hope to extend the same.

I would like to know the numbers better as a whole. Now if you followed my "Trail" as I left a small bread crumb If you wold see my "ACTUALLY" total Visa's issued its Closer to 9,028,026

While I need to understand this discrepancy of "Immigrant Visa vs NON Immigrant VISA"

This means that a Total of 9 million people entered our country . Even if we say 400,000 got caught thats 4.4% of all legal visa's issued. How many of the 9 million ever stayed the visa or violated the terms of the issued visa.

We have a SERIOUS Immigration issue period. be it visa over-stayers AND border crosser.

Trump may be interpreted as "Deceitful and Untrustworthy" But the FACTS remain. America is 330 Million people and we let in Annually close to 9million a year in migration....... How do we as AMERICANS Sustain our own citizens....... What is the Magic fair number we should control incoming.

Yeah, well, I watched your video. I am already here and I immigrated here. Do you think that's wrong or something? The man's presentation was really nothing I didn't already know, but I did notice him saying "unless Congress is stopped, they will bring in another million." I went to the website, and it appears the org is arguing the legal immigration is bad for Americans and bad for the countries immigrants leave.

1. I don't believe immigration is the solution to world peace or world poverty, and very few immigrants have the means to immigrate.

2. I think immigrants themselves are in the best position to determine if it's better for them to leave, or not. Nobody else better understands the threat they are facing than them, and some of it is a matter of human survival... immigrants want to escape genocide, torture, brutal governments, etc. Telling certain people to stay were they are and blossom is really not an option, and it's just ignorant.

Thank you for taking the time! My intent was NOT to criticize those that migrate. Its the way we "sell" it and the tools that are provide to do so. I feel our TOOLS are broken and the way to migrate have LOST its intrinsic value PERIOD.

I AGREE People migrate for MANY legitimate reason. BUT my only concern. is Currently the US is based on "FINITE" resources we have LEGAL American Citizens that face their OWN major issues. YET we are damned if we close our selves off to fix our OWN issues. But we are also damned if we open the doors and let everyone one it.

What is The POTUS's Job description. To protect the USA and its People. To command the US military, propose budgets and laws to congress and ENFORCE existing laws set FORTH by congress.

I feel like you want to play semantics... seriously... it's not a matter of changing laws but changing interpretation of the laws. I know Trump has the right to change the number of VISAs granted. I know Trump has a right to enforce a Travel Ban, but don't sit here and challenge me to point out what laws he changed. I never once said he lacked the right to enforce a travel ban. I never once said he lacked the right to enforce changes to VISAs.

Stop playing games with me.

I am playing NO semantics, I have said it many times here, I am a person of laws, and policies base my opinions on the best facts I can obtain. IF they are wrong I will correct myself.

YOU have said Trump has changed the LAWS on multiple occasions. HE has NOT changed a single constitutional LAW period.

FACT check what laws

That is not true. While legislative law must pass Congress, our legal code is not limited to legislation. When judges decide cases, their decisions are just as much law as any legislation passed by Congress. The same is true of regulatory laws, and Trump has changed a number of those.

Someone ought fact-check AP. What a pile of moo moo poo poo. Spin, distortions and convenient half-truths.

I just did LOL... check my post..... shot that one down HELLA fast......

Trump's thoroughly discredited propaganda on immigration is my least favorite thing about that sorry ass game show host.

Some of trump’s many falsehoods exposed. Why do republicans go along with this nonsense?

https://apnews.com/7eb07814117f46a098bed1f3466f4775

The larger question is, why do the anti-trump and democrats go along with the nonsense written in the repeatedly discredited MSM press? Seriously, why would any intellectually serious person take an press dominated by axe-grinding left/progressive partisans to be balanced or fair-minded?

The AP article is a typical example.

First, it is not a myth that large numbers have already and still are coming into the US. The flow of migration has varied, but as everyone has acknowledged that within a lifetime, it has already transformed the ethnic and racial makeup of the United States. Immigration percentages are cumulative, and the percentage of foreign born in the US population equals or nearly equals the record set in the other "great migration" wave of 1890 to 1920. Pew, a highly respected (if slightly liberal) source explains:

Fifty years after passage of the landmark law that rewrote U.S. immigration policy, nearly 59 million immigrants have arrived in the United States, pushing the country’s foreign-born share to a near record 14%. For the past half-century, these modern-era immigrants and their descendants have accounted for just over half the nation’s population growth and have reshaped its racial and ethnic composition.

Modern Immigration Wave Brings 59 Million to U.S.

Anyone saying "it isn't that high" is "high" on something.

Second, it is a disingenuous myth to claim that "Given today’s lower birth rates in the United States, immigrants are increasingly needed to sustain a level of population growth for the U.S. economy to keep expanding." The growth rate is IRRELEVANT if economic expansion is no faster than the population growth rate. Zero percentages economic and population growth rate is identical to that of a fwo and half percent economic and population growth rate.

Third, it is NOT a myth that IMMIGRANTS take some jobs away: the transformation of the west coast construction industry ought to be evidence enough. Anyone living in a typical American city with illegals has noted the disappearance of the neighborhood kid looking for weekly jobs in mowing lawns or shoveling snow and the replacement of immigrant labor.

In fact, the authors home brewed statistical treatment and economic logic is utterly opaque and suggests the opposite of the authors claim: if, as claimed, 64 percent of immigrants hold jobs, but only 60 percent of workers born in the US then then OBVIOUSLY some immigrants hold jobs that might otherwise be held by native born. (DUH!)

Again, fewer workers means lower economic growth BUT it also means fewer consumers of economic output. If the percentage of added population equals the percentage of economic growth THERE IS NO GAIN on a per person basis!

Finally, given the length of the article there is not time or room to deconstruct the remaining points. But you get the disingenuous methodology of the AP article continues, largely ignoring the vast amount of data on immigrant's effects on wages, use of welfare, and the illiteracy and ignorance of immigrants from CERTAIN NATIONS SOUTH OF THE BORDER.

If AP were interested in being credible, in their claims they would have differentiated between LEGAL and ILLEGAL as well as COUNTRY AND REGION of origin. What population, education, and job data may be true of Chinese or Indian immigrants is NOT true of the majority coming from Latin America. An inconvenient truth dodged by the AP agitprop department for immigration.

Last edited:
You're wrong. Trump has cut down the number of VISAs issued to people seeking legal entry. He has cut down on people seeking asylum, and most Trump supporters I know are not interested in providing refuge or asylum to people from Latin America or to Muslims. Trump's own comments about not wanting people from ****holes, but wanting more immigrants from Norway says it all. Trump and his supporters attack legal immigration and multiculturalism, and many of you see diversity as a threat.

How can it possibly be bad to want nice, polished, educated individuals to come into our country legally, instead of a third world countries unwanted trash? Sure there are some good people in this bunch. I'd prefer not to have to deal with the baggage they come with. It's like dating. I'd prefer a nice educated good girl from a good family over some tweaker chic who comes from a broken home.

Trump's thoroughly discredited propaganda on immigration is my least favorite thing about that sorry ass game show host.

Do you think the Border patrol is just spewing propaganda? They very much support the wall. Why do people who have never visited the area have such large opinions about this?

Back
Top Bottom