• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AOC has moved beyond stupid ...

I just gave you two. She made the comments about the unemployment rate during her first months in office and the tax credit gaffe came from her explanation on why having Amazon choose somewhere else was good for her district. Both made the news.
So I looked both those up.

The unemployment one is interesting. Her assertion is not supported by BLS data. But it's important to remember that BLS data is for "official" jobs, and so likely undercounts both hours worked and the number of occupations, as many working poor do some work under the table to supplement their income. The shadow economy is pretty big.
I think that her broader point is correct, that the poor work really hard for relatively little return.

On Amazon, the city was going to pony up $500 million in capital grants. Could that not be what she was referring to, instead of the 2.5 billion in tax breaks? Half a bil would go some ways to fixing subways and infrastructure.

But even so, is this really grounds to call her stupid? I've seen her in debates and she seems pretty sharp. She definitely lacks experience and a breadth of knowledge. But jeez, she's only 31.

So I looked both those up.

The unemployment one is interesting. Her assertion is not supported by BLS data. But it's important to remember that BLS data is for "official" jobs, and so likely undercounts both hours worked and the number of occupations, as many working poor do some work under the table to supplement their income. The shadow economy is pretty big.
I think that her broader point is correct, that the poor work really hard for relatively little return.

On Amazon, the city was going to pony up $500 million in capital grants. Could that not be what she was referring to, instead of the 2.5 billion in tax breaks? Half a bil would go some ways to fixing subways and infrastructure.

But even so, is this really grounds to call her stupid? I've seen her in debates and she seems pretty sharp. She definitely lacks experience and a breadth of knowledge. But jeez, she's only 31.

I am not a fan of AOC but she is way smarter than Taylor Green, Gaetz and Gohmert.

... and has moved into the zone of being a bad SNL skit.

Don't bother continually condemning her.
No one of any substance can beat her in the seat. She is very popular so she is doing something right.

Are you really so blindly partisan that you think AOC doesn't know the internet exists?

Based on her conduct and words, I have no idea what the hell she knows or does not. Truly bizarre.

Did she ever finish school?

She knows what the three branches of government are, anyone who thinks otherwise is a partisan hack latching onto a single time she misspoke.

People who actually watch her, actually listen for an extended period know how smart she is. Watch her in congressional committee meetings. She asks better and smarter questions than her colleagues. She pays more attention, does more research, than most of the old fogeys who just kinda show up and struggle to stay awake.

Try looking at real substance instead of sound bites on Fox News for once.

The post you responded to didn't use her gender to defend her, that's idiotic.
Amen. I remember her in one hearing, asking a few simple straightforward questions, then yielding her time. This, following members of both parties giving speeches before each question they asked, more interested in showing off than in seeking info.

Don't bother continually condemning her.
No one of any substance can beat her in the seat. She is very popular so she is doing something right.
Actually, the more time she spends in front of a hot mic the worse Democrats are likely to do in the upcoming midterms. Go AOC, go.

Actually, the more time she spends in front of a hot mic the worse Democrats are likely to do in the upcoming midterms. Go AOC, go.
Dream on son. The pretty little Candice contemplated a run at her until she saw her numbers and popularity.
Rest easy. She's going nowhere.

Dream on son. The pretty little Candice contemplated a run at her until she saw her numbers and popularity.
Rest easy. She's going nowhere.
You’re not following me. Yes, her seat is safe, but whenever she makes headlines it’s usually bad news for Democrats defending seats in purple states.

IF you held a lit candle next to her right ear and blew into her left ear, the candle would blow out.

The sad part is some young people thing she's a 'breath of fresh air'.
They don't realize most of what she says are regurgitations of soundgood cliches that have have been around since the Bolsheviks.
Updated to include woke word salads.
Yes and that other House member who said the insurrection looked to him like a tourist visit is a regular Einstein to you?

Yes and that other House member who said the insurrection looked to him like a tourist visit is a regular Einstein to you?

The guy who said that is on video helping to barricade a door and cowering against a wall behind a police officer with a drawn weapon.

Republicans don't even pretend to care about reality. Full fascism, full Goebbels.

If you’re wondering just how bad a legislator AOC is, consider this. What’s her signature bill? It’s the Green New Deal. With the planet supposedly handing in the balance, the bill is so bad the Democrats — who’ve been in charge of the House since AOC announced the GND — haven’t brought it up for a vote. It’s been gathering dust since day one because none of adults in her party want to be on record voting either for it or against it.

There are nuts on both sides of the aisle. It’s good partisan-yahoo litmus test when someone tries to claim the other party has a monopoly on idiocy.

But you see the difference the GOP elevated this idiot to a leadership role.

If you’re wondering just how bad a legislator AOC is, consider this. What’s her signature bill? It’s the Green New Deal. With the planet supposedly handing in the balance, the bill is so bad the Democrats — who’ve been in charge of the House since AOC announced the GND — haven’t brought it up for a vote. It’s been gathering dust since day one because none of adults in her party want to be on record voting either for it or against it.

Have you read the GND? Asking because I haven't.

But you see the difference the GOP elevated this idiot to a leadership role.
....said without the slightest bit of introspection concerning who the Dems elevated . S M H

That would seem to kill two GOP talking points.
1. AOC is the face of and defacto leader of her party
2. The entire democratic party is pushing for the green new deal

....said without the slightest bit of introspection concerning who the Dems elevated . S M H

The GOP leadership booted Cheney because she was honest and replaced her with this idiot. You have an example close to that with the Dems?

Back
Top Bottom