• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AOC doesn't know the difference between "surge" and "insurgent".

It’s funnier to keep watching you admit you think the two words are connected.
It’s funnier to keep watching you admit you think the two words are connected.

How’s the weather there in Imaginary Triumph Land?

The connection remains in the empty head of AOC, as she blunders about trying to make political capital out of Biden’s idiocies.

How’s the weather there in Imaginary Triumph Land?

The connection remains in the empty head of AOC, as she blunders about trying to make political capital out of Biden’s idiocies.

You will forever keep hitting yourself in the face by stepping on the rake here, aren’t ya.

Whatever failings Trump has— and I have never claimed he didn’t have such— they don’t exist as a simple inversion of “human rights,” an inversion that makes Liberals feel good about being stalwart champions of decency. Border security had become lax before Trump’s tenure, though Obama was barely ever tasked with being mean to illegals and asylum seekers. Trump inherited a terrible situation brought on by the ruling of the Ninth Circuit Court, which wouldn’t allow adult non-citizens to be sequestered with their children. The Liberal solution to this problem was to return to catch and release, and Trump refused to do this. Now the border problem has become a crisis, and all so Liberals can pretend to be noble at the expense of Covid stricken working class citizens.
Border security had not become lax prior to Trump. Obama was criticized as the "deporter in chief" by some advocates due to his harsh line on immigrants who had committed crimes. But Obama also benefitted from (and Trump inherited) a reverse migration phenomenon while in office, as more people returned to Mexico than came, due to its improving economy. Trump brilliantly seized on and demagogued an issue with openly bigoted comments ignoring improving facts on the ground. He created chaos at airports within a few weeks of coming to office in one immigration context (his bigotry against Muslims), moved on to lie about overseas refugee processing, and continued that pattern throughout his term in just about every other immigration context What changed during Trump's years was the worsening situation involving drug gangs in Central America, which produced increased migration 3-4 years ago, then the caravan, then the more recent rush to the border. Immigration for Trump did not present problems to be solved or lessened, but opportunities to revive the xenophobia that affects us from time to time. Example: while Trump was railing about us being infested, about Muslims among the migrants, his border personnel were doing their jobs on the border screening in those people with a decent chance at asylum. I volunteered in El Paso last fall and saw its community, ICE, and volunteer visitors calmly doing their best in spite of Trump's rants.

Political genius by Trump and moral bankruptcy go hand in hand. Witness his recent fiund raising scam. Gotta perversely admire his brass balls.

But they are criminal invaders... they are invading a land illegally. No passports. No border checks. No legal entry.

No other country just allows people to enter their country in this manner... why should the USA?
Source for US being only country to have immigration issues.

Source for US being only country to have immigration issues.
That is not what I said... in fact, it is almost the exact opposite.

🤣 Dem's #1 bomb thrower. Every time she does she loses more of what little credibility she has left.
Let her keep going and continuing to do so. 🤷‍♂️
Where in that is she conflating “surge” with “insurgents”? She’s being pretty clear about her point.

It must be intimidating that such a young woman has such a command on the issues ya’ll gotta pretend you suddenly don’t understand English to “own” her.
This wasn't a gaffe. She said what she said deliberately.
Actually; it's quite obvious AOC doesn't know much of anything beyond her lifetime of Marxist propaganda/indoctrination...

Actually; it's quite obvious AOC doesn't know much of anything beyond her lifetime of Marxist propaganda/indoctrination...
Agreed. You'd think her university would have been embarrassed long time already.

I'm not sure of many she speaks better than. If you're going for making content that many can relate to, yes, I'll agree she's good at that aspect and better than most.
Not a big AOC fan, she's a little too far left for my beliefs, but she certainly is a better public speaker than trump, and your side never complained about his speeches.

That is not what I said... in fact, it is almost the exact opposite.
Source for "No other country just allows people to enter their country in this manner..."

Toddlers being dropped over 14-18 foot fences left in the cold dark of the night doesn't bother you?
Biden created the magnet... the smuggler's market, the border crisis.

Yeah, because the border crisis didn't exist before Biden took office, amirite?

Source for "No other country just allows people to enter their country in this manner..."
How about you counter my claim with some facts like other countries just allow people to enter their country with no passport or documentation, not meeting with customs officials... stuff like that.

Is it possible that she is trying to say that the term "surge" is being used to try and get people to think about insurgents or an invasion? I realize she isn't respected on the right, but if you want to operate in good faith it's important not to take right wing memes about AOC literally.

She was elected to congress without being able to name the three branches of government. If she is not stupid, she is putting on a good act.

You will forever keep hitting yourself in the face by stepping on the rake here, aren’t ya.

Keep those fingers in your ears while you sing your “can’t hear you” refrain; otherwise you might hear a fact or two.

Nobody’s better at rake-play than Antifa thugs and their sympathizers— so by your username you’ve marked yourself for all to see.

Also, how do think AOC was using the word “resurgence?”

Border security had not become lax prior to Trump. Obama was criticized as the "deporter in chief" by some advocates due to his harsh line on immigrants who had committed crimes. But Obama also benefitted from (and Trump inherited) a reverse migration phenomenon while in office, as more people returned to Mexico than came, due to its improving economy. Trump brilliantly seized on and demagogued an issue with openly bigoted comments ignoring improving facts on the ground. He created chaos at airports within a few weeks of coming to office in one immigration context (his bigotry against Muslims), moved on to lie about overseas refugee processing, and continued that pattern throughout his term in just about every other immigration context What changed during Trump's years was the worsening situation involving drug gangs in Central America, which produced increased migration 3-4 years ago, then the caravan, then the more recent rush to the border. Immigration for Trump did not present problems to be solved or lessened, but opportunities to revive the xenophobia that affects us from time to time. Example: while Trump was railing about us being infested, about Muslims among the migrants, his border personnel were doing their jobs on the border screening in those people with a decent chance at asylum. I volunteered in El Paso last fall and saw its community, ICE, and volunteer visitors calmly doing their best in spite of Trump's rants.

Political genius by Trump and moral bankruptcy go hand in hand. Witness his recent fiund raising scam. Gotta perversely admire his brass balls.e

I assume you’re claiming that the alleged “reverse migration” phenomenon is supposed to have happened prior to the caravans being spurred by cartel activity, otherwise your claim that Trump was pitching a fit about nothing would fall apart just from your own statements. Would you care to clarify that point, instead of ignoring the riposte as you’ve ignored previous counter arguments?

Blaming the cartels for the caravans is a standard Liberal dodge; it deflects criticism of the Extreme Liberal preference for open borders. Obama, who was a pragmatic Liberal, may have refused a lot of migrants, but the media protected him from criticism on that stance, and the Extreme Liberals were around even during his terms. Trump’s hard line and his antipathy to the press gave the Extremists the chance to persecute Trump for doing what Obama did, and to rewrite those actions as Horribly Racist. That’s why we now have a President who’s willing to sacrifice American citizens for illegals.

Ah, you think “surge”’comes from “insurgent” too.

How about you counter my claim with some facts like other countries just allow people to enter their country with no passport or documentation, not meeting with customs officials... stuff like that.
You made the claim. If I show you one example will you change your mind or ask for another example?

You made the claim. If I show you one example will you change your mind or ask for another example?
I made a general statement regarding how countries handle their immigration and borders. Most, if not all, require people to go through border checkpoints and legally enter the nation with documentation and a passport. Other than the remote areas in places like the Afghanistan / Tajikistan border where a goat herder might cross borders informally with their herd, people enter nations legally at border checkpoints. You seem to think that this opinion of mine is idiotic and are asking for proof. I am saying that this is such a basic common sense concept that you show me that I am wrong instead.

I made a general statement regarding how countries handle their immigration and borders. Most, if not all, require people to go through border checkpoints and legally enter the nation with documentation and a passport. Other than the remote areas in places like the Afghanistan / Tajikistan border where a goat herder might cross borders informally with their herd, people enter nations legally at border checkpoints. You seem to think that this opinion of mine is idiotic and are asking for proof. I am saying that this is such a basic common sense concept that you show me that I am wrong instead.
Back at you. I'd say people cross borders all over the globe without going through govt approved entry and that that is the rule, not the exception. Show me I'm the incorrect position. Unresolvable.

Back at you. I'd say people cross borders all over the globe without going through govt approved entry and that that is the rule, not the exception. Show me I'm the incorrect position. Unresolvable.
I have not debated with you in a long time so I can't remember if this is the best that you can do... but it is not looking very good so far... If you have a problem with my statement then defeat it.

I have not debated with you in a long time so I can't remember if this is the best that you can do... but it is not looking very good so far... If you have a problem with my statement then defeat it.
I'm satisfied knowing your claim is unsubstantiated. Your approval is not high on my list of needs.

Back
Top Bottom