• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

anyone like punk rock?

Arch Enemy said:
God I love metal.

Metal and Indie music is the very reason why I wake up, no seriously, if it wasn't for my Metal CD for an alarm clock.. I wouldn't wake up.

Started liking metal a couple years ago, same for Indie. Before that I was all big into Anti-Flag, etc.

Going to Minus The Bear concert Wednesday 28th! Then Yet Another Prayer on October 1st!

I don't like indie,particularly hate Muse if you can call them indie,certainly can't call them Metal!

Androvski said:
Oh they're quite big here and they stink as far as I'm concerned,one of those lame brit bands like coldplay(mr Gwyneth Paltrow's band) and radiohead!

oh?

Welp, you're no fun!

and radio head is a good band too....

but metal is better.

You know, there's a difference between being "good" and being talented.

Coldplay is good, not talented. John Mayer is talented, but not good. Metallica (old) is good and talented. The list can continue if you like.

Arch Enemy said:
oh?

Welp, you're no fun!

and radio head is a good band too....

but metal is better.

RADIOHEAD ARE **** GIMME SOME MOTORHEAD!

The old Metallica was awesome in every imagineable way,this lot such ,as sad Radiohead suck, what a crop of shite!

Last edited:
Punk rock? Sure, I like it, but then again I like cold toilet seats and smashing my hand in a car door. ROTFL!!!

Just kiddin...I think there's good music to be found in every genre.

How about the Anti-Nowhere League? Is that punk? Or the Vapors? Is that punk, or are you talking Sex Pistols..Ramones...etc?

I heard of a band called the Ramonatures...kind of a cross between the Ramones and the Ventures...they did all Ramones songs instrumentally...I can see it working...LOL.

Hoot said:
Punk rock? Sure, I like it, but then again I like cold toilet seats and smashing my hand in a car door. ROTFL!!!

Just kiddin...I think there's good music to be found in every genre.

How about the Anti-Nowhere League? Is that punk? Or the Vapors? Is that punk, or are you talking Sex Pistols..Ramones...etc?

I heard of a band called the Ramonatures...kind of a cross between the Ramones and the Ventures...they did all Ramones songs instrumentally...I can see it working...LOL.

Every Genre except Chav,that means rap,hip hop,techno ,all the ****ing shite you can think of!

Androvski said:
Every Genre except Chav,that means rap,hip hop,techno ,all the ****ing shite you can think of!

God I really was sloshed last night :doh

Androvski said:
Oh they're quite big here and they stink as far as I'm concerned,one of those lame brit bands like coldplay(mr Gwyneth Paltrow's band) and radiohead!

I liked The Bends. Don't know that I'd call Radiohead lame, but I think they peaked as a band a bit early and then got full of themselves.

I like quite a few Brit bands, myself. Supergrass is right up there. Lots of the shoegazer stuff of the 90s appealed to me, too.

Gardener said:
I liked The Bends. Don't know that I'd call Radiohead lame, but I think they peaked as a band a bit early and then got full of themselves.

I like quite a few Brit bands, myself. Supergrass is right up there. Lots of the shoegazer stuff of the 90s appealed to me, too.

I actually don't mind Supergrass,at least they aren't depressing like Radiohead and Coldplay,the most gloomy were the Verve,but they were quite good.
Mind you I like Pink Floyd and you don't get any gloomier than them!
How did the gig go t125eagle?

Last edited:
Androvski said:
See www.chavscum.co.uk that will explain better than me!
All I can say is they are like sheep only less intelligent,inverted Darwinism you could say!

Wow, like a cross between my two favorite fashion trends. Golf & hip-hop. Lovely.

Androvski said:
I actually don't mind Supergrass,at least they aren't depressing like Radiohead and Coldplay,the most gloomy were the Verve,but they were quite good.

As far as I'm concerned Radiohead is one of the few reasons there is even a need for a recording industry anymore. The Bends is the finest album made in the last 25 years. Coldplay, The Verve, Supergrass - they're good bands, but Radiohead is a phenomena. Like the Beatles. That's my opinion anyway.

mixedmedia said:
Wow, like a cross between my two favorite fashion trends. Golf & hip-hop. Lovely.

:rofl I hadn't looked at them like that before,they appear even more ridiculous to me now!

mixedmedia said:
As far as I'm concerned Radiohead is one of the few reasons there is even a need for a recording industry anymore. The Bends is the finest album made in the last 25 years. Coldplay, The Verve, Supergrass - they're good bands, but Radiohead is a phenomena. Like the Beatles. That's my opinion anyway.

I suppose I just like my music a little more upbeat,except Pink Floyd and you know I'm on a downer if I listen to them(usually after a few to many libations),
they are great though!

Androvski said:
I suppose I just like my music a little more upbeat,except Pink Floyd and you know I'm on a downer if I listen to them(usually after a few to many libations),
they are great though!

I know what you mean, Radiohead is kind of "down low" music, but oddly enough it makes me feel happy. Go figure. I respond to their music in a very visceral way. It gives me goosebumps. I understand all that is very subjective and personal though. I'm just really happy to have them around.

mixedmedia said:
I know what you mean, Radiohead is kind of "down low" music, but oddly enough it makes me feel happy. Go figure. I respond to their music in a very visceral way. It gives me goosebumps. I understand all that is very subjective and personal though. I'm just really happy to have them around.

Love the Radiohead, The Bends is one of my all time favorites, a true work of art from beginning to end. I actualy didn't like Radiohead that much when they first came out, I didn't dislike them I just didn't care realy, exept for Creep was a good song. When The Bends came out I couldn't stop listening to it, the rest of their new albums are good but not like The Bends.

gdalton said:
Love the Radiohead, The Bends is one of my all time favorites, a true work of art from beginning to end. I actualy didn't like Radiohead that much when they first came out, I didn't dislike them I just didn't care realy, exept for Creep was a good song. When The Bends came out I couldn't stop listening to it, the rest of their new albums are good but not like The Bends.

Yeah, Pablo Honey wasn't exactly a stellar debut, but I like it. I know what you mean about The Bends though, I still can't stop listening to it, lol. OK Computer was excellent, too. Their later albums, while I do like them very much, I will admit don't exactly move me like The Bends, but then they are so different. I just prefer guitar rock to electronic music period. Still, I find those albums, (Kid A, Amnesiac, Hail to the Thief, etc.) incredibly infectious, too. There's just something about those guys.....

I'm into Sum 41 (their old cd's), Hawk Nelson, Dead Poetic, and Showbread.

Re:

SKILMATIC said:
No its annoying. :thumbdown

you are smart when it comes to politics but why did you post if you don't like it??

just kidding! LOL. i think rap is annoying, but that's just me.

How could I forget.....I didn't mention another band that came out of the punk era (but who are not punk, per se) and that is The Police. Outlandos D'Amour and their other early albums, Regatta de Blanc and another one....started with a Z....they were fantastic.

mixedmedia said:
How could I forget.....I didn't mention another band that came out of the punk era (but who are not punk, per se) and that is The Police. Outlandos D'Amour and their other early albums, Regatta de Blanc and another one....started with a Z....they were fantastic.

I like the POlice well enough, but my own favorites from that same era are xtc and the Soft Boys. xtc was a lot punkier in the beginning, but Andy Partridge developed into nothing less than a songwriting god over the years. The man must write hooks in his sleep, he sets them up so well. And of course, Robyn Hitchcock is better than most drugs.

or at least most I've tried.

Gardener said:
I like the POlice well enough, but my own favorites from that same era are xtc and the Soft Boys. xtc was a lot punkier in the beginning, but Andy Partridge developed into nothing less than a songwriting god over the years. The man must write hooks in his sleep, he sets them up so well. And of course, Robyn Hitchcock is better than most drugs.

or at least most I've tried.

All very good points, yes indeed. Robyn Hitchcock....mmmm, good.

haha....drugs do pale in restropect to the music, don't they? Very good point indeed. God, I'm so thankful for that.

Androvski said:

sorry. just caught that. the concert was great! it wasn't a big crowd unfortunetly.

Back
Top Bottom