• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone have horrible vivid dreams?

Write or record verbally the dreaming experience. That is what I use to do until sleeping become so much more important that I could barely understand the ramblings or written temporarily understood "shortcuts" to the dreams (i.e., later I would not know what the heck I meant with crazy written symbols designed to be shortcuts!).

I would remember dreams from time to time. When I do I will post here. Nothing for now though :shrug:

BTW we dream several times a night, usually after phase 3/4 of sleep.

I have a lot of mega ****ed up dreams, so I'd prefer they disappear into the air and not stay on paper. ;)

I have a lot of mega ****ed up dreams, so I'd prefer they disappear into the air and not stay on paper. ;)

Understood :)

Dreams are so personal! If this was not anonymous I would NEVER post here! Especially not when there are keen people to understand what could the alternative meaning behind the dream symbols be, and reveal added facets of one's personality and previous experiences with that. Perhaps those are not meant to be shared, or some people may not be ready to be aware of them.

Some may in fact produce a dream by looking at the dream dictionary of alternative meanings that stand per dream symbol, and construct a false dream just for the heck of it. Though it is technically possible wonder why would they spend so much time just for an interpretation, or negotiate that an interpretation is wrong or right.

All kind of attempts I have seen. But no matter the insight gained, no matter the limitations of interpretation of symbols, I do not see how those can be exploited here. You do not know me, my intentions, or even if I dreamed the stated "dream" for real or not. Too much vacuum for dreams stated here to be of some manipulative use I would say.

Hope they "disapear into the air" as you state. Real life positive changes render nightmares obsolete of interpretation anyway.

I had a recurring dream that I had to take my brother to the dentist..whilst he was in the chair, the assistant bought in a plate of hard-boiled eggs and the dentist started forcing my brother to eat them..I understood that these eggs were poisonous and I grabbed my brothers hand and we ran away into a nearby wood..The dentist was walking round with a plateful of these eggs calling my brother..we were hiding up a tree!!

Closest thing to poisoned-boiled-eggs (and this is a strong symbol I should say. Made up of many meanings for poison and boiled and eggs) is rotten eggs:

To dream of rotten eggs signify loss. You may have allowed some situation to take a turn for the worse. Alternatively, the dream is telling you that something may look fine on the outside, but as you delve deeper, you find that it is not what it appears to be. Perhaps, something is too good to be true.

To dream that you have food poisoning indicates that there is something harming or interfering with your emotional well being.

To see your brother in your dream symbolizes some aspect of your relationship with him. It can also serve to remind you that someone in your waking life has certain characteristics or behaviors similar to your brother.

To dream that you are at the dentist represents your concerns about your appearance. Alternatively, it suggests that you are having some doubt over the sincerity and honor of some person in your life.

To dream that you are being chased signifies that you are avoiding a situation that you do not think is conquerable.

So based on these data dear Wolfie then it appears that someone whom you are questioning their sincerity and honor (dentist) is attempting to harm the facet that you identify with your brother (his youth? Naivity?) and is interfering your emotional well being with that (rotten egg, though poisoned may have added meanings in this). What he offers makes a turn for the worse and you know it. You are not able to conquer this situation in RL hence the one with questionable honor is chasing you (see chase) and your brotherly facet in the dream.

The tree requires more details to the type of the tree that you hid away from:

Dream Moods: Your Dream Symbol Interpretation

Another one I had was that the devil (red,cloven hooves. horns, the works!) was chasing me on a bicycle..I was terrified..I lifted my arms up to discover I could fly..

Anyone else ever dreamt they could fly??..it's awesome!! :cool:

To see the devil in your dream signifies fear, limitations, and negative aspects of yourself. You may be harboring feelings of guilt.

To dream that you are flying signifies a sense of freedom where you had initially felt restricted and limited.

To dream that you are riding a bicycle signifies your desires to attain a balance in your life. You need to balance work and pleasure in order to succeed in your current undertakings.

You are going free from your guilty feelings by the methods you use to balance your life? Sounds good, is it? :)

References:

Closest thing to poisoned-boiled-eggs (and this is a strong symbol I should say. Made up of many meanings for poison and boiled and eggs) is rotten eggs:

So based on these data dear Wolfie then it appears that someone whom you are questioning their sincerity and honor (dentist) is attempting to harm the facet that you identify with your brother (his youth? Naivity?) and is interfering your emotional well being with that (rotten egg, though poisoned may have added meanings in this). What he offers makes a turn for the worse and you know it. You are not able to conquer this situation in RL hence the one with questionable honor is chasing you (see chase) and your brotherly facet in the dream.

The tree requires more details to the type of the tree that you hid away from:

You are going free from your guilty feelings by the methods you use to balance your life? Sounds good, is it? :)

References:

Thanks for taking the time DDD..very much appreciated..

I was overly protective of my brother..he was a bit of a weakling..if anyone bothered him they had me to deal with, even though he was 3 years older. My father who was a boxer tried to get him into boxing and would take him out into the garden, put boxing gloves on him and try to teach him, my father wasn't very patient and my brother was hopeless so sometimes he would hit him a little too hard..my brother would start crying so I would spring out with boxing gloves on and say''come on Dad, I'll box you'' hoping this would take the heat from my brother..my father would put his arm around me and say ''you should have been my son!''

As for the flying...I have always been a free spirit..even now..I cannot stand to see birds in cages..I will let them out..obviously not if they have no chance in the wild..but native singing birds in cages get sprung..I get into trouble for this!!

Another thing I can't stand is when someone has caught a fish..and leave it gasping beside them until it finally dies..I grab them and throw them back into the water..it's an overwhelming urge..I have also gotten into trouble for this!!!

Thanks for taking the time DDD..very much appreciated..

Sure thing Wolfie ;)

I was overly protective of my brother..he was a bit of a weakling..if anyone bothered him they had me to deal with, even though he was 3 years older. My father who was a boxer tried to get him into boxing and would take him out into the garden, put boxing gloves on him and try to teach him, my father wasn't very patient and my brother was hopeless so sometimes he would hit him a little too hard..my brother would start crying so I would spring out with boxing gloves on and say''come on Dad, I'll box you'' hoping this would take the heat from my brother..my father would put his arm around me and say ''you should have been my son!''

Hmmm, so the interpretation did not stray that far off then. ;)

As for the flying...I have always been a free spirit..even now..I cannot stand to see birds in cages..I will let them out..obviously not if they have no chance in the wild..but native singing birds in cages get sprung..I get into trouble for this!!

Another thing I can't stand is when someone has caught a fish..and leave it gasping beside them until it finally dies..I grab them and throw them back into the water..it's an overwhelming urge..I have also gotten into trouble for this!!!

There's the good old bicycle! :) .

"Freedom, I wont let you down, I wont give you uup!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsiGNNoPNq4

Wolfie, the protector of the weak! :cool:

Are you as gorgeous as in the drawing? If so I am going to have to kick a weaklings ass just to get you here ;)

Such a flirt DDD!!...

Of course I am not as gorgeous as the drawing..I am better!!:cool:

Such a flirt DDD!!...

Of course I am not as gorgeous as the drawing..I am better!!:cool:

Right. Let me pay a "visit" at Besim's house. He is alone in this house of his full of good drinks, music, and soft bed among many other needs should you need to relax after "treating me to justice!"

Hey TGND. Nice pick at the avatar as usual ;) My compliments girl :mrgreen:

Here is what I found about you:

If you enjoy being violently chased though then it may mean:
To dream that you are being chased and enjoying it implies that you like being the object of desire. You like feeling wanted. The dream may be analogous to a blossoming relationship.
[/QUOTE]

Knowing you both may apply! So which feelings do you have while being chased? :confused:

See more here:

Dream Moods: Common Dreams: Being Chased[/QUOTE]

When I have those dreams, it's never a good feeling of being chased, because I know the intent is that they or it will try to kill me.

Anyone have dreams where they know they're dreaming??

I've had them but once I realize that I'm dreaming (usually) I wake up and forget everything.

Anyone have dreams where they know they're dreaming?? I've had them but once I realize that I'm dreaming (usually) I wake up and forget everything.
Yes. Many times. Something will be so far off base, that I know I'm dreaming, so I try to wake up, and I seem to, until another thing happens that is just not at all likely, and I try again.... this can go on for a while. When I do finally wake up, or am wakened, I am told I am making a weird gurgling groan, but in the dream I'm basically screaming "get me out of here! Someone wake me up!" PS this dream is very rare since mmj, but all my night terrors are very rare now not just that one.

?

I just had a dream (and I cant go back to sleep) in which I was a "prince" (very similar to Czar Nicholas II) and I'm reading off the US Bill of Rights/Magna Carta granting people civil liberties and all of a sudden I'm physically attacked by this mob - then I wake up....

I don't have dreams anywhere close to this.

I don't know what to say or even make of that ****.... I don't even know why I'm posting this besides the fact I'm exhausted and at this point find the dream extremely interesting...

I think your ego is the problem.

When I have those dreams, it's never a good feeling of being chased, because I know the intent is that they or it will try to kill me.
So perhaps you don't like those types you're being chased by? I know I've gone through a long time now of not dating just because it didn't seem so much like bees to honey anymore as compared to flies to...****. Making me feel like ****. So until I start attracting bees again instead of flies, I just keep a lid on myself. Just an idea, probably way off base, huh?

I think your ego is the problem.

You do realize that even asserting I have an ego makes your ego 10x larger than mine considering your automatic response to sharing a dream is your interpretation?

Anyone have dreams where they know they're dreaming??

I've had them but once I realize that I'm dreaming (usually) I wake up and forget everything.

Yes and that is the first step. Later you can orchestrate all the characters in your dream and create your own movies there.

But I dropped doing that after a while. I could not possibly keep up with the shear amount of creativity expressed in the dream sub-consciously. Dreams in their natural way are far more interesting than whatever I could come up with :(

You do realize that even asserting I have an ego makes your ego 10x larger than mine considering your automatic response to sharing a dream is your interpretation?

:)

There you are sharing your highly personal dream only for someone to state "Based on what you tell me YOU SUCK!" LOL :lol: .

I used to have so many nightmares it kept me from wanting to go to sleep, relying on just staying awake as long as I could, liquor and drugs, plus a reason I preferred a woman in my bed because women poised no threat and also could double as a watchdog so-to-speak. Over time those shifted from nightmares into sadistic dreams in retaliatory senses. All that came to an end when my to-be-wife and I were together.

The nightmare of my youth that I most remember was of myself somehow up on a very industrial high ceiling probably 30 feet up (no rationale how I got up there) trying to hold onto a bare hot light bulb in the center of the ceiling with one hand and the other back and forth, while a huge robot was trying to reach up and grab me from below. That was so common that I came to realize it was just a nightmare even while having it and could force myself to wake up from it.

:)

There you are sharing your highly personal dream only for someone to state "Based on what you tell me YOU SUCK!" LOL :lol: .

I shared my dream because I thought it was interesting because it seems real.

It's sad I'm being criticized for this.

I shared my dream because I thought it was interesting because it seems real.

It's sad I'm being criticized for this.

Nevermind them Nick. They do not really know you. For what is worth your statement could mind as well be manufactured one ;)

I used to have so many nightmares it kept me from wanting to go to sleep, relying on just staying awake as long as I could, liquor and drugs, plus a reason I preferred a woman in my bed because women poised no threat and also could double as a watchdog so-to-speak. Over time those shifted from nightmares into sadistic dreams in retaliatory senses. All that came to an end when my to-be-wife and I were together.

The nightmare of my youth that I most remember was of myself somehow up on a very industrial high ceiling probably 30 feet up (no rationale how I got up there) trying to hold onto a bare hot light bulb in the center of the ceiling with one hand and the other back and forth, while a huge robot was trying to reach up and grab me from below. That was so common that I came to realize it was just a nightmare even while having it and could force myself to wake up from it.

What kind of a bulb was it? Light or burn?

Wish I had comedy dreams to laugh out laud. Would make nights happier :)

lol me too. It's about 1/100. About 90/100 are about school - can't find class, taking test on I have no idea, present a project I know nothing about, etc.
So stressful...apparently I was deeply scarred by school.

?

I just had a dream (and I cant go back to sleep) in which I was a "prince" (very similar to Czar Nicholas II) and I'm reading off the US Bill of Rights/Magna Carta granting people civil liberties and all of a sudden I'm physically attacked by this mob - then I wake up....

I don't have dreams anywhere close to this.

I don't know what to say or even make of that ****.... I don't even know why I'm posting this besides the fact I'm exhausted and at this point find the dream extremely interesting...

The dream sounds like you are having issues with wanting to get your freedom or independence back. Perhaps, even feeling that someone is going way too far with their power over you.

To dream that you are being chased and enjoying it implies that you like being the object of desire. You like feeling wanted. The dream may be analogous to a blossoming relationship.

Knowing you both may apply! So which feelings do you have while being chased? :confused:

See more here:

Dream Moods: Common Dreams: Being Chased[/QUOTE]

When I have those dreams, it's never a good feeling of being chased, because I know the intent is that they or it will try to kill me.[/QUOTE]

Here's another quote:

To dream that you are being chased represents issues or situations that you are avoiding facing, or confronting. Something you may feel is impossible to overcome or defeat. It may also reflect something you don't want to acknowledge. You may have anxiety, strong fears, insecurities, or guilt.

Your actions in a chase dream parallel your waking life reactions to pressure, fear, or stress. Instead of confronting the situation, you are running away from the issue.

Alternatively, being chased in a dream may be a sign that you feel pressured or driven by a sense of fear or failure. Avoiding embarrassment at all costs.

Source: Dream Bible Dictionary - Search Results

Back
Top Bottom