• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anti War Rally this weekend

Billo_Really said:
There were two rally's this weekend in Washington. One drew a couple hundred protestors. The other, a couple hundred-thousand protestors. Which group was for the war?

Does it matter? Either way, this is why anti-war people are dismissed. The facts aren't enough. They have to embelish everything. There wasn't a couple hundred-thousand.....

"The anti-war rally, held Saturday at the western edge of the National Mall, drew a crowd of 100,000 or more."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050926...AiYDYus0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3OXIzMDMzBHNlYwM3MDM-

Last edited:
GySgt said:
What does being a Christian have to do with it?

Well, the vast majority of the pro-war neocons claim that they are "followers of Christ", I don't understand how they can say that? I mean, they live and die under his effergy, but if he returned, they would joyfully crucify him a second time. What hypocrites!

Originally posted by kal-el:
Well, the vast majority of the pro-war neocons claim that they are "followers of Christ", I don't understand how they can say that? I mean, they live and die under his effergy, but if he returned, they would joyfully crucify him a second time. What hypocrites!
You don't think they would give Jesus Christ lethal injection?

Billo_Really said:
You don't think they would give Jesus Christ lethal injection?

Maybe, crucification is far to barbaric nowadays, but he would definetly be mocked and jailed.

Originally Posted by GySgt:
Does it matter? Either way, this is why anti-war people are dismissed. The facts aren't enough. They have to embelish everything. There wasn't a couple hundred-thousand.....

"The anti-war rally, held Saturday at the western edge of the National Mall, drew a crowd of 100,000 or more."
I heard on the radio this morning it was closer to 200,000.

Originally posted by kal-el:
Maybe, crucification is far to barbaric nowadays, but he would definetly be mocked and jailed.
With no pardon from Bush.

Billo_Really said:
With no pardon from Bush.

Of course not. He will most likely claim that the returning Christ is indeed the anti-Christ, since he dosen't approve of Bush's policies.

kal-el said:

I love this word...hypocrit. Everyone has their measure of hypocrisy. And there are no perfect holy people. There is such a thing as believing in God and fighting for what is right.

Maybe Christians are just tired of the scourge of humanity walking all over everyone else's religion. The Islamists are the only ones running around and killing in the name of their god and calling everyone else infidels. Religious persecutions are also their tactic.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
I love this word...hypocrit. Everyone has their measure of hypocrisy. And there are no perfect holy people.

I have to agree there.

Maybe Christians are just tired of the scourge of humanity walking all over everyone else's religion. The Islamists are the only ones running around and killing in the name of their god and calling everyone else infidels. Religious persecutions are also their tactic.

You say they're tired right? Would Jesus approve of them forcing their Western ideals on the Arabs? Would he condone the use of torture? Or killing innocent civilians? How about US soliders?

Christians claim that they are followers of Jesus, when in fact, Jesus probably would never condone any of this. "Love your enemy"- If George Bush loved his enemy (Saddam), why did he send 160,000 troops into Iraq, ruining and devestating the country? "Turn the other cheek"- please, Bush just has one belief, I will punish violence with violence,and send bombs over the populations. He is in fact, a huge hypocrite.

kal-el said:
I have to agree there.

You say they're tired right? Would Jesus approve of them forcing their Western ideals on the Arabs? Would he condone the use of torture? Or killing innocent civilians? How about US soliders?

Christians claim that they are followers of Jesus, when in fact, Jesus probably would never condone any of this. "Love your enemy"- If George Bush loved his enemy (Saddam), why did he send 160,000 troops into Iraq, ruining and devestating the country? "Turn the other cheek"- please, Bush just has one belief, I will punish violence with violence,and send bombs over the populations. He is in fact, a huge hypocrite.

This is another over used anecdote. How has the west forced anything in the Middle East, but stability? What's been forced? You claim that diplomacy should always win over war. Diplomacy is why there is a stability in the Middle East. Diplomacy is why stability was maintained between Iraq and Iran. This would be the same diplomacy that has caused all of this mess.

I also happen to believe in hitting someone that hits me. Often, I have hit before I have gotten hit.

As for Christian hypocrisy...heard it before. It is the forever argument that people with no conviction say to people with it. It is also a very selective tactic. You don't say that they are good Christians for attacking a tyrant and saving Iraqi abuse. You say Christians went to kill. You don't say that Christians have approved of certain interrogation tactics, you call it "torture." Who knows. Maybe they will all go to hell, because Islams "martyrs" and cheerleaders will have taken up all of the Heavenly realistate.

Turning the other cheek is for ******s and Europe. Every time they turn the other cheek, they get slapped on the other side. Problems in Bosnia? Turn the other cheek and let America do it for us. Problems in Kosovo? Turn the other cheek and let America deal with it. Problems with Hitler? Turn the other cheek until we have to do something and need America to get involved.

GySgt said:
This is another over used anecdote. How has the west forced anything in the Middle East, but stability? What's been forced? You claim that diplomacy should always win over war. Diplomacy is why there is a stability in the Middle East. Diplomacy is why stability was maintained between Iraq and Iran. This would be the same diplomacy that has caused all of this mess.

We are force-feeding an open-mouthed Arab world Western-style democracy. We are putting in "puppet" governments. We already have in Afganistan, now we are attempting to in Iraq. IMO, Iran is next.

As for Christian hypocrisy...heard it before. It is the forever argument that people with no conviction say to people with it. It is also a very selective tactic. You don't say that they are good Christians for attacking a tyrant and saving Iraqi abuse. You say Christians went to kill. You don't say that Christians have approved of certain interrogation tactics, you call it "torture." Who knows. Maybe they will all go to hell, because Islams "martyrs" and cheerleaders will have taken up all of the Heavenly realistate.

I don't believe you should use the word "attacking" in the same sentence as "good Christians." I seem to remember a certain prominent Christian, calling for an assasination of a political leader. Yet another hypocracy.

Turning the other cheek is for ******s and Europe. Every time they turn the other cheek, they get slapped on the other side. Problems in Bosnia? Turn the other cheek and let America do it for us. Problems in Kosovo? Turn the other cheek and let America deal with it. Problems with Hitler? Turn the other cheek until we have to do something and need America to get involved.

I agree, this world is to harsh and barbaric to "turn the other cheek". Violence is unnaceptable, but sometimes it is necessary. Our history sadly proves this.

FinnMacCool said:
http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3091

This is gonna be an interesting event to watch on tv. I wonder if the conservatives are going to keep ignoring them now.

Despite whether there is a truth or not to any of this you bush supporters better watch out.

It seems like all of this anti Iraq stuff is starting to heat up now? Why? Cause this is what goes on in the peoples minds?

Where are the National Guard? Oh they're in Iraq

Oh yeah and that money that was supposed to go to the levees? Yeah we spent that on a war instead.

So yeah I think conservatives are kinda screwed now. Well lets sit back and enjoy the political fireworks.

Conservatives are just going to ignore it. I don't understand the goal behind these rallies? They will not change the policies. In fact, they solidify the policies by playing into the partisan divide.

There are so many things that the administration have screwed up. Why not pick something that isn't going to make every right-winger that hears the protests say "see it just more liberal hippy 'cut and run' crap".

Like maybe march to demand the truth about defense contracts in Iraq to expose the war profittering. Not many Republicans are in favor of that - they just don't hear the message.

Once you get some movement on all the GOP compatible bones of contension, then maybe you can change things. For now, Cindy Sheehan is just digging deeper the divide in the American public.

kal-el said:
We are force-feeding an open-mouthed Arab world Western-style democracy. We are putting in "puppet" governments. We already have in Afganistan, now we are attempting to in Iraq. IMO, Iran is next.

I don't believe you should use the word "attacking" in the same sentence as "good Christians." I seem to remember a certain prominent Christian, calling for an assasination of a political leader. Yet another hypocracy.

I agree, this world is to harsh and barbaric to "turn the other cheek". Violence is unnaceptable, but sometimes it is necessary. Our history sadly proves this.

Another over used term. What's "puppet" about their governments? They do not have the governments we would like them to have. Iraq will not have the governmnent we would like to see them have. An opportunity has been provided and they are doing with it what they are doing. Democracy is what everyone wants and there are many different forms of Democracy. Nobody wants to be oppressed. Nobody wants to be ruled by a tyrant and everyone wants freedom in some way or form. The Sunni and Shi'ite zealots of the MIddle East will resist all change, because change means a loss of power.

If democracy ruled the Middle East and not the rule of militant Islam, terrorism would not be the problem it is. Therefore, we have an obligation to protect the western world fomr their product by encouragingv a freer society.

You are correct. It is quite a quagmire to have religious beliefs and exist in the world. Attacking and defense is necessary for religious freedoms. In America, all religiojns have this freedom, no matter how much hate they preach. The Islamic world has a legion of Mullahs that preach hate and death to infidels. You mention one lone Christian preacher that shot his mouth off about something that is not his business? C'mon.

aps said:
Thanks for the link. I am shocked by that.

I guess you decided not to answer the question I asked about whether you are a professor. Your silence has answered it for me.

No I am not, I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief...........I don't know what that has to do with this debate though.....

I am glad you learned a little about how low your liberal buddies can sink in their protesting though.......

Pro Iraqi freedom rally at my house today and tomorrow an the next week and the next week and the next week.....etc.

python416 said:
Conservatives are just going to ignore it. I don't understand the goal behind these rallies? They will not change the policies. In fact, they solidify the policies by playing into the partisan divide.

There are so many things that the administration have screwed up. Why not pick something that isn't going to make every right-winger that hears the protests say "see it just more liberal hippy 'cut and run' crap".

Like maybe march to demand the truth about defense contracts in Iraq to expose the war profittering. Not many Republicans are in favor of that - they just don't hear the message.

Once you get some movement on all the GOP compatible bones of contension, then maybe you can change things. For now, Cindy Sheehan is just digging deeper the divide in the American public.

I have said this all along. They are making arguments out of non-factors while hoisting the likes of Michael Moore and Sheehan up on their shoulders and looking all the worse for it. They aren't content with the facts involved with the prisoner treatment, they have to embellish and exxagerate to make things worse than it is. There are things that these protesters could do that would be helpful. Instead thay are merely practicing the tactics of the Vietnam era. They are harrassing Veterans in hospitals and they mask their complete disregard for Iraqi abuse under Saddam or Iraqis that are rebuilding under the cries for "humanity." They don't care who they are really hurting in the end. If they don't pull their heads out of their asses, they are going to prolong what already has a light at the end of the tunnel and cause more deaths.

Their protesting will not bring troops home any earlier. Based on the way military units and gear are moving around Iraq and the way that the Iraqi military and the local Sunni resistance leaders are talking against the insurgency, I would place paychecks on a bet that we are going to start pulling out next year.

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
No I am not, I am a retired U.S. Navy Chief...........I don't know what that has to do with this debate though.....

I am glad you learned a little about how low your liberal buddies can sink in their protesting though.......

I'm going to be a professor.

GySgt said:
I wanted to be the professor but I couldn't make a radio out of a coconut or get Mr. Howell to give me grants...:doh

GySgt said:
I have said this all along. They are making arguments out of non-factors while hoisting the likes of Michael Moore and Sheehan up on their shoulders and looking all the worse for it. They aren't content with the facts involved with the prisoner treatment, they have to embellish and exxagerate to make things worse than it is. There are things that these protesters could do that would be helpful. Instead thay are merely practicing the tactics of the Vietnam era. They are harrassing Veterans in hospitals and they mask their complete disregard for Iraqi abuse under Saddam or Iraqis that are rebuilding under the cries for "humanity." They don't care who they are really hurting in the end. If they don't pull their heads out of their asses, they are going to prolong what already has a light at the end of the tunnel and cause more deaths.

Their protesting will not bring troops home any earlier. Based on the way military units and gear are moving around Iraq and the way that the Iraqi military and the local Sunni resistance leaders are talking against the insurgency, I would place paychecks on a bet that we are going to start pulling out next year.

I agree with you here. One thing I hope all American's agree they need as a country is less division. Michael Moore is just the lefty version of Rush Limbaugh.

I want the troops home as much as Sheehan, but to suggest that they 'cut and run' is just stupidity - even if you don't support the war.

python416 said:
I agree with you here. One thing I hope all American's agree they need as a country is less division. Michael Moore is just the lefty version of Rush Limbaugh.

I want the troops home as much as Sheehan, but to suggest that they 'cut and run' is just stupidity - even if you don't support the war.

"You want the troops home?" You are in America. I thought you were from a country that doesn't benefit from Middle Eastern oil and such?

cnredd said:
I wanted to be the professor but I couldn't make a radio out of a coconut or get Mr. Howell to give me grants...:doh

Do what I did. I went and beat up some people and liberated their radio from them. OORAH!!:gunsmilie

GySgt said:
"You want the troops home?" You are in America. I thought you were from a country that doesn't benefit from Middle Eastern oil and such?

I am not in America, or American. But I want your troops in the US instead of dying in a foreign land for two reasons:

1) keeping American troops out of the Middle East is best for global political stability

2) because I think this Iraq war is senseless and only exists to drive war and energy profiteering, and it is a shame that anyone has to die for it

python416 said:
I am not in America, or American. But I want your troops in the US instead of dying in a foreign land for two reasons:

1) keeping American troops out of the Middle East is best for global political stability

2) because I think this Iraq war is senseless and only exists to drive war and energy profiteering, and it is a shame that anyone has to die for it

I took a stab at a guess. I still think you are a kid that is just repeating what she or he has heard from others.

Like I said, without an American presence in the Middle East, the world's economy would fall on the stability of the never ending feuds of Shi'ites Arabs and Sunni Arabs. If I had it my way, I would get rid of all of them and place Kurds in charge of the entire region. Of course, my magic wand doesn't work that way.

By the way....Sheehan just got arrested in front of the White House. HAHAHAHAHA! She probably made a threat towards the President in front of some Cops. These protesters are just making things worse for everyone.

So Iraqi abuse under Saddam was senseless as is this spread of Islamic violence?

GySgt said:

Maybe we both should be so we can educate some of these Liberals and teach them at least how to do a search on google........

Back
Top Bottom