• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-war Crowd Stunningly Silent Now

We should go to war with countries which are about to attack us and countries which do attack us.
:shrug:

Ok, now that you've completed level 1 thinking in this exercise, would you like to move on to other more interesting and complicated ideas regarding our obligation to allies and people in general? Perhaps, instead, you'd like to work on apologizing for genocide.

Ok, now that you've completed level 1 thinking in this exercise, would you like to move on to other more interesting and complicated ideas regarding our obligation to allies and people in general? Perhaps, instead, you'd like to work on apologizing for genocide.
In your world, I am responsible for genocide?

that's a new one

In the words of Sen. John Kerry in 2004, "Can I get me a candlelight vigil here?"

I guess not.

Seen a single "No Blood for Oil" poster anywhere? Berkley? Harvard? UCLA?

Nope.

But then they have never been anything more than Democrat Party tools. All that rhetoric from 2002 to 2008 was partisan hackery entirely devoid of moral content.

Carr: Anti-war crowd stunningly silent now | Boston Herald

Did we go to war suddenly, and I didn't notice? I don't think so.

We've been the drone business against terrorists for years. Nothing has changed on that front, as far as I know (except the targets, I guess).

Did you enlist in the war? Where is the war?

Did we go to war suddenly, and I didn't notice? I don't think so.

We've been the drone business against terrorists for years. Nothing has changed on that front, as far as I know (except the targets, I guess).

Did you enlist in the war? Where is the war?

Would you consider a drone strike in your neighborhood by aircraft belonging to a foreign government to be an act of war?

No, bottom line, the inspectors had reason to believe WMD's existed, as they wrote in their reports, but where thwarted by Iraq itself every time. Those facts are in the reports. All people on the ground, and those reviewing the reports, were so convinced, soldiers entering combat constantly drilled on donning bio weapons gear in the early stages of the effort.

These facts are in the reports. Obviously there are many who refuse to accept the reports and choose to cling to their ideological training on the matter.

Sorry, I'm a little late here, but aren't you aware that Saddam let the inspectors in and W Bush pulled them out before they could finish the job? That's a fact. The inspectors didn't say they had reason to believe WMDs existed, they said it was sad that they couldn't conclude whether or not they existed because our President at the time didn't allow them to do their jobs. Why did he do that? Oh, I'll let you decide.

This is a limited coalition surgical effort to manage a national security threat led (from behind?) by a Nobel peace prize winner - not an extremist cowboy starting an endless regional war based on lies. ;)

Please tell me this is satire.

Sorry, I'm a little late here, but aren't you aware that Saddam let the inspectors in and W Bush pulled them out before they could finish the job? That's a fact. The inspectors didn't say they had reason to believe WMDs existed, they said it was sad that they couldn't conclude whether or not they existed because our President at the time didn't allow them to do their jobs. Why did he do that? Oh, I'll let you decide.

Yes, you are a little late. Sorry, but your facts are not the facts. The facts speak for themselves and are available to all.

Why the liberal/progressive left thinks it can get away with fabricating the truth is beyond me. You will be exposed every time you try. So why keep trying?

Doesn't credibility mean anything, or is it hoped the minions won't notice the fabrications and will just buy every bit of fiction presented?

IAEA and Iraq - Global Special Weapons - Nuclear, Biological Chemical and Missile Proliferation News

UNSCOM Reports to the Security Council

Many in that crowd against the Iraq War were against "dumb wars" not war in general.

Pretty much all our wars now are dumb. Obama is fighting for the same reasons Bush is fighting. But it's this blind partisanship that's really dumbing down America and preventing us from exerting the necessary pressures on government to force change.

In the words of Sen. John Kerry in 2004, "Can I get me a candlelight vigil here?"

I guess not.

Nope.

But then they have never been anything more than Democrat Party tools. All that rhetoric from 2002 to 2008 was partisan hackery entirely devoid of moral content.

If you watched the hearing with Kerry a few days ago, you did in fact see such signs. The media is just ignoring the anti-war voices because it doesn't fit their narrative.

If you watched the hearing with Kerry a few days ago, you did in fact see such signs. The media is just ignoring the anti-war voices because it doesn't fit their narrative.

I must be missing the hundreds of thousands of anti-war marches around the US and Europe too. Is that also because the media is just ignoring them?

I must be missing the hundreds of thousands of anti-war marches around the US and Europe too. Is that also because the media is just ignoring them?
The anti-war movement is not as robust this time around, but there are still those who oppose what is going on. You said you haven't seen a single sign, well I have. They were on TV. There is a lot of hypocrisy in the movement, I am merely pointed out that there presence is not zero.

Anti-war Crowd Stunningly Silent Now

not this one. end foreverwar now.

no_more_war_by_bashir7-d57ybvg.jpg

The anti-war movement is not as robust this time around, but there are still those who oppose what is going on. You said you haven't seen a single sign, well I have. They were on TV. There is a lot of hypocrisy in the movement, I am merely pointed out that there presence is not zero.

Fair enough. The anti-war movement isn't as robust because a Republican isn't in the White House and the Democrats and aren't renting busses and organizing the protesters then calling the media to tell them all about when, where and what's going to happen. I'm just pointing out the last time it wasn't organic but a political prop.

Yes, you are a little late. Sorry, but your facts are not the facts. The facts speak for themselves and are available to all.

Why the liberal/progressive left thinks it can get away with fabricating the truth is beyond me. You will be exposed every time you try. So why keep trying?

Doesn't credibility mean anything, or is it hoped the minions won't notice the fabrications and will just buy every bit of fiction presented?

IAEA and Iraq - Global Special Weapons - Nuclear, Biological Chemical and Missile Proliferation News

Again, those reports are from the 1990s and do not necessarily reflect the situation in 2003.

What are you talking about? The UN weapons inspectors sent in by George W Bush were pulled out before they completed their job. That was when Bush issued the final ultimatum to Saddam, despite the fact that the inspections were ongoing and they had found nothing. This was in March of 2003. You can't argue with what I'm saying because it's obviously factual.

What are you talking about? The UN weapons inspectors sent in by George W Bush were pulled out before they completed their job. That was when Bush issued the final ultimatum to Saddam, despite the fact that the inspections were ongoing and they had found nothing. This was in March of 2003. You can't argue with what I'm saying because it's obviously factual.

Of course I can argue with your invented facts, because they are indeed invented. The only truth was that Bush pulled the inspectors. The why is what the left wants so desperately for people to ignore.

You chose to ignore all the inspections, the reports, the closing of sites by Iraq when inspectors uncovered evidence they should be reviewed, the actual kicking out of inspectors by Iraq, and all the other games Iraq was playing? At what point do the UN Resolutions become important, and the games being played by Iraq be rejected? I guess when ideology demands a new history be written and actual facts ignored.

I just don't get how the left expects these facts to be buried, when they are so available. Is it just a hope time will cause people to stop looking at them?

Speculation...
Maybe so, but saying ISIS/ISIL wouldn't be problem if troops were left in Iraq by President Obama is also speculation. Just consider the fact they want American troops in Iraq so they can kill them, shows me troops left make no difference at all.

The left is still in "blame Bush" mode. In fact, they'll never get out of it. Its part of the pathology of the left. All the Cindy Sheehan's and code pinkers are boning up on their pretzel logic and relativism they need to support their messiah.

The left is still in "blame Bush" mode. In fact, they'll never get out of it. Its part of the pathology of the left. All the Cindy Sheehan's and code pinkers are boning up on their pretzel logic and relativism they need to support their messiah.

Yes, and before that was the Blame Clinton crowd. Different day, same ****.

I guess not.

Nope.

They're not all silent.

Top U.S. Consitutional Expert: Obama More Extreme Warmonger than Bush or Nixon
BY STEVE STRAUB ON SEPTEMBER 24, 2014 ·

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/...ama-more-extreme-warmonger-than-bush-or-nixon

Yes, and before that was the Blame Clinton crowd. Different day, same ****.

Really? Did we make movies depicting the assassination of Bill Clinton? Did we photoshop pictures of Clinton eating a kitten and distribute it all over the web? There is no comparing opposition to Clinton to the Bush Derangement Syndrome that you folks had going. Conservatives are incapable of the hate that you guys are.

Back
Top Bottom